When talking of PDF management, you are not just performing one task. Several functions have to be performed. And, for that, you can’t just pick any PDF editing software out there. You need a tool that can handle the various tasks of PDF management with utmost ease.
So, what are the kind of tasks we are talking about?
- Split or merge PDF documents
- OCR capability to handle image-intensive or scanned PDFs
- Rotating PDFs in landscape or portrait mode
- Conversion of PDFs to multiple formats like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
- Effortlessly password-protect/ encrypt documents
- Ability to fill forms
- PDF sharing and collaboration. With the help of this multiple members can work on the PDF
- Edit texts and images
- Flexible Bates numbering system in which you uniquely number documents for better identification (As in the case of legal documents)
And, one aspect which makes one PDF stand from the rest is speed. So, in this post, we are going to talk about some of the best PDF management software.
Also Read: Best Ways To Edit PDFs In Windows 11/10
9 Best PDF Manager Software For Windows in 2023
Try the following Windows 11/10 apps to open, view, read and manage PDF documents in a couple of clicks.
1. Advanced PDF Manager
Advanced PDF Manager deserves first place in the list, as it comes equipped with all the essential utilities required for managing single or multiple PDFs in a go. By using this PDF manager, one can easily open, view, read, split, merge, protect, rotate, duplicate PDF pages, and more.
- Easily rearrange/reorder PDF pages.
- Lightning-fast speed to split & merge PDFs.
- Ability to password protect PDF files.
- Easy-to-use dashboard with a modern theme.
- Capability to duplicate PDF pages or entire PDF in one go.
- Lacks compatibility with macOS and Linux.
2. Wondershare PDFelement
Looking for a stylish way of managing PDFs, consider Wondershare PDFelement. It covers all PDF-related tasks with utmost ease so much so that you won’t have to turn elsewhere to manage PDFs.
- Convert PDF to various formats
- You can edit both text and images
- OCR feature for working with scanned PDFs or the ones that have many images
- Split and merge PDFs
- Password protect PDF
- Flexible Bates Numbering system
- For some users, the interface might not be that intuitive
Looking for a PDF manager online that eliminates the need to install a standalone PDF management software? Sejda could be a great choice for you. The fact that despite being an online tool, Sejda can perform so many tasks, brings it to our list of PDF managers online.
- Fill and sign, create links, add images and annotate PDFs
- Hide parts in a PDF so that they are no longer visible
- Arrange and reorder pages
- Split and merge documents
- Crop PDFs
- Password protect documents
- Convert to a variety of formats
- Files are deleted after 2 hours
- Free service for 50 MB or 200 pages
4. Adobe Acrobat DC
Entering the world of PDF or PDF management per se and not talking about Adobe Acrobat DC cannot happen. It is an excellent tool that can help you with all tasks concerned with PDF management. To begin with, it isn’t your average PDF viewer or editor, it’s got more to it than just that –
- Deftly helps in editing, signing, and manipulating PDF
- You can easily create, sign or fill forms
- Add password and security to protect your PDF files
- Easily combine or split documents
- Compare any two PDF versions to know the differences
- Remove sensitive data
- Validate for accessibility standards
- Some features are available only with the premium version
Foxit is yet another spectacular PDF management solution. From editing PDFs to organizing them and then protecting them, Foxit does it all in a hassle-free manner. It is also one of the easiest PDF managers around that doesn’t need much time to get accustomed to –
- Create, edit, sign, and file documents
- Easily change the document layout
- Merge and split documents by dragging and dropping
- Remove/redact text, secure documents with password encryption
- Easy PDF sharing and collaboration
- OCR capability can make the text of any form searchable and selectable
- Conversion of PDF to certain formats can create an issue
6. Aryson PDF Manager
Quite aptly named, Aryson PDF Manager does what it says i.e. handling all PDF-related tasks with ease. It’s an all-in-one utility that takes care of everything from editing PDFs to combining or segregating them to securing them.
- Easily convert PDF to different formats like TXT, JPEG, PPT, DOC, GIF, and many others
- Merge and split even the larger PDF files
- Password protect files even on selected PDF pages
- Edit PDF metadata such as title, author, subject, modification date, etc
- PDF information displayed correctly
- PDF conversion is sometimes slow
The creators of this software probably kept the user of a PDF in mind and all that the user may have to deal with in his or her day-to-day life. In short, the user has a complete grip on each element of the PDF at hand.
- Modify, create and remove text
- Redact sensitive information and password protect the document
- Convert scanned documents into editable PDF
- Export PDFs to other file formats
- Split and merge files with ease
- Batch editing can be at times problematic
8. PDFFill PDF Editor
Want a free and feature-rich PDF management tool that’ll pose no issues as far as managing PDFs is concerned, PDFFill PDF Editor is a solution, you can look at.
- Merge different files into one
- Password protect, encrypt, decrypt documents
- Reformat pages
- Convert files to multiple formats
- Easy PDF rotation
- Slightly outdated interface
- Processes can be a little time consuming
Zamzar is yet another PDF manager online that you can consider. It might not have the best user interface but that doesn’t mean you can write it off.
- Easy to use
- Convert PDF files with ease
- Minimal editing options
- Not many PDF management options
So these were some of the PDF managers offline and online. Do let us know which is the one tool that you use to manage your PDFs. If you found value in this blog, do give it a thumbs up and for more such content, keep reading Tweak Library.
- Best PDF Image Extractors For Windows 10 (Offline and Online) >
- How To Add Hyperlinks In PDF On Mac And Windows >
- Start Editing PDF Files With The PDFChef in 2023 >
- How to Convert PDF to Word Files on Windows >
- Best PDF Editor For Windows and Mac | Set Your Creativity Free >
- How To Convert PDF To Word? Meet The Best PDF Converters! >