Table of Contents
In the world of the internet and social media, we all are subscribed to many apps and websites and to access them we have numerous passwords. While signing up to any website or app, we need to create a password, and making a new alphanumeric password for better security for each sign-up is very difficult. In the process of making new passwords every time, it is quite evident that we may forget the other passwords. To eradicate the need to remember the passwords, there are numerous password managers available in the market which keep your passwords secure and you do not have to remember them while signing in to any account.
What Is LastPass?
It is a password manager which saves all your passwords for hassle-free login every time, you access a site or app. Recently LastPass has been in the news because of changes in terms and conditions of its services offered.
As per the LastPass blog post on May 17, 2021 “Free users will continue to receive support for technical issues until July 19, 2021, to assist through the transition of selecting an active device type. After this date, support will be a Premium and Families feature”
This post of policy change has stunned many users who were using it for free on several devices. New policy has restricted the users to use the free version only on a single device and now they will have to buy the premium plan to use the services on several devices at once. In this blog we will learn how to delete LastPass accounts.
Click here to Install LastPass
Now users are looking for alternatives that provide a better user experience with great security and after-sale service support. Here we recommend using TweakPass Password Manager, which will fulfill all your needs of storing your password securely.
TweakPass Password Manager: –
TweakPass is a highly secured password manager which will save your passwords using the world’s strongest AES-256-bit encryption technology. It allows users to save all the highly sensitive data which they use to log in several times.
Features of TweakPass password manager:
- It is SSL secured model with PBKDF2 SHA-256 & HMac techniques
- Saves your passwords and logins
- Sync stored data across every device you use
- Autofill correct credentials in one click
- Browser extensions are available for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and Microsoft Edge.
- Actionable password strength report- With this option, you can enhance the strength of a weak password or the old password which is about to expire.
- Application manager- You can now restrict a few programs for an individual user.
How To Migrate Data From LastPass?
Well once you decide to switch from LastPass, then you are required to move all the saved data to another source that you have selected. It is not as complicated as it seems. LastPass gives the option of exporting the data in a CSV or XML file.
Just follow the steps to migrate the data: –
- Sign in to your LastPass account
- Go to Advanced options
- Click on Export (Enter Master Password if asked for)
- Now you will be directed to a separate Here you will have to select all the content available on the page just by going to Edit > Select All on the top of the page.
Once the complete data is selected and copied, you can paste it in a word or notepad.
- Now you can upload the selected content in any password manager of your choice.
Steps to upload LastPass data to TweakPass Password Manager: –
To upload all the data to TweakPass Password Manager, you need to download and install it.
Download Tweakpass Password Manager
- One TweakPass is downloaded, then run the application and signup
- Select import data from the left panel
- Now how to Import pop-up menu will appear on the screen. By using this option, you will be able to import passwords from LastPass to TweakPass in CSV or XML files.
- Now by clicking the down arrow, select the Source – LastPass.
- Open the CSV or XML file, you have downloaded while exporting the data from LastPass.
- Copy the text to your notepad and paste it into the context box
- Click on the Upload button and then the upload process will initiate.
- Once the process is completed, you will get a notification for the same.
How to Delete LastPass account: –
Once all the data is exported, and you are ready to use another password manager, then delete the LastPass account by below-mentioned steps:
- Visit LastPass, Delete Your Account Page to delete lastpass account
- Click the Red delete button
- Enter the Email Address and Master Password now.
“ You’ll be given a prompt to download all your data. Ignore if you have downloaded the data”
- You will have to mention the reason why you want to delete LastPass account, select the option, and hit the Delete button.
- You will receive a confirmation mail of the Lastpass account successfully deleted.
Keeping in mind the newly changed policy of LastPass, the TweakPass password manager is the best alternative available in the market to safely secure all your private data. Use it and share your experience and suggestions below.
- LastPass Free Vs Premium: How To Use LastPass For Free
- Should You Or Should You Not Use Your Browser’s Inbuilt Password Manager?
- LastPass vs Dashlane vs TweakPass Password Manager – Full Review
- Bad Password Etiquette You Need To Do Away With Right Now
- LastPass Vs Dashlane – A Head-To-Head Battle
- 10 Best LastPass Alternatives To Manage Your Passwords