There’s no doubt that Instagram is one of the most popular & used social media platforms in the world right now. With more than a billion active users, Instagram has constantly been an entertaining media tool we have on our cellphones. & mind you it hasn’t ever let us down because of its rich features & constant updates we use on a daily basis.
After its initial release, Instagram had it’s successful acquisition with Facebook (tech giant) that means you can simply use the same login credentials (Facebook login) to use both the platforms. & we all know the recent history of facebook & data scandals so simply can’t take the risk of getting digital scammed. So it’s better to change your passwords quite often & that’s necessary as well.
How to Change & Reset Your Instagram Password
There can be many reasons you can count that makes you change or reset your Instagram account login password & one of those can be, to keep the account secure. Now wouldn’t you want to know how to change the Instagram account password or reset it, if you have forgotten the password or locked out of your account? Let’s start changing the Instagram password with as less as possible efforts:
1. Change The Instagram Account Password:
Let’s make one thing clear that irrespective of what mobile operating system you are using, the process to change the Instagram password is exactly the same process as below:
- Start the process with launching the Instagram app on your cell phone.
- Now you need to tap onto the Profile functionality (bottom right side of the screen) of the app.
- Click on the burger menu (three dots of top right) into the profile command & choose Settings.
- Under Settings, you need to follow the path as mentioned; Security > Password.
- The command will show you a screen where you need to type in your current password which will be followed by typing in the new password you want for your Instagram account.
Please be a bit careful with your password & try not to use any of the ones you used a while ago for the same app or some other one. Keep it a perfect combination of special characters, numbers, & alphabets.
6. After typing in your new password twice (as asked by the app), you need to click on Save (top right side of the screen).
After following the above process as mentioned, your Instagram account password has been changed successfully. & once the process is complete, you’d know that it was as easy as posting a story on your Instagram account.
Also Read: How to Download Instagram Highlights?
2. How to Reset Your Instagram Account Password:
There are times & it happens often that either you have forgotten your Instagram account password or are locked out of your account. In those possible & critical situations, what you can do is, reset your Instagram account password. & this is where your linked email address or the phone number comes in handy for the verification process.
Because in order to reset the password, Instagram (Facebook) first verifies if the user who is trying to reset the password is the actual user (means you).
Let me tell you that the whole resetting the Instagram password would be slightly different for both the mobileOS (Android & iOS) as mentioned below:
In case you are using the Android device, then the below process would help you out to reset the Instagram account password:
- Launch the Instagram app on your smartphone & you will see the login screen once it opens up.
- You need to tap on Get help signing in & it will take you to another screen for typing in login credentials.
- Here you would need to choose among Use Username or Email; Send an SMS Message; or Log In With Facebook (the resetting options you can choose to access your locked Instagram account).
- Whichever one you choose among the above mentioned options, go ahead with the instructions (as it prompts) & soon you have unlocked your account & the password has successfully been reset.
If you are using an iOS device to reset the Instagram account password, the process isn’t totally different as the overall gist is the same. All you will need to do is, choose the preferred method to reset your Instagram account (after you launch the app & tap on Get help signing in).
Choose your method among Username; emails or phone number & follow the instructions that you will see along the way. Within no time, you will be asked to type in the new password for your Instagram account (twice) & it’s been reset successfully.
Also Read: How to Fix Instagram Sign up Error?
Instagram being one of the most used social media platforms makes you use it more & more. On top of that, sometimes you forget the password or are locked out of the account & look for the ways to access it again. That’s why we have talked about the simplest way to reset your Instagram account password within no time. Additionally, you can change the Instagram password as well in case it’s been long that you’ve changed it.
Use these easiest methods & you don’t need to wait for someone to help you out to change & reset your Instagram account password.