Table of Contents
With the recent ban on TikTok, users were looking for an alternative and may have found one in Instagram Reels. Still, there are some users who have reported that their Instagram reels not working. So, if that’s you, in this blog we’ll try and cover some of the possible fixes using which you can start enjoying Instagram reels once again.
What Is Instagram Reels?
If you are new to Instagram Reels, it is a new feature of Facebook owned Instagram that allows you to record videos of up to 15 seconds duration. Plus, it has an ocean of wonderful filters and you can even add your favourite music as well.
Excited, but Instagram Reels music is not working or reels not working Instagram, worry not! We have got your back. Here are the fixes you can undertake to resolve why reels is not working on Instagram.
Fixes For Instagram Reels Not Working:
1. Update The Latest Version Of Instagram
Just like in the case of any other app, you might have forgotten to update your Instagram app which might be the reason why your Instagram reel is not working. So, quickly go to the Google Play Store and tap on the update button if you haven’t yet.
2. Check Instagram Reels At Following Places –
After updating Instagram, check if you can see Instagram Reels option at the following places –
Place No. 1:
Click on the Camera icon at the top-left corner of the screen and check if you can see the Instagram Reels option at the bottom next to the refresh button
Place No. 2:
Click on the search bar (Explorer option) and check if you are able to see Instagram Reels next to the home icon
Place No. 3:
Head to your stories and check if you can find the Instagram Reels option at the bottom
Place No. 4:
Go to another user’s account and check the reels option next to IGTV. If you are able to see the Instagram Reels on another user’s account, you should have it too
3. Join Instagram Beta Program
Even after updating Instagram if you are not able to see Instagram Reels, here’s yet another way you can resolve the Instagram Reel not working. You can sign up for the Instagram beta tester program. For this –
1. Visit the Google Play Store
2. Search for Instagram and click on Open
3. Scroll down and tap Join button under Join the beta
4. Click again on Join when confirmation appears
5. Your account will then be added to the beta tester program. This process may take a few minutes
6. Click on Update
7. Being a beta tester, you should now be able to use the Instagram Reels option in sometime.
Note: It might take 24 hours to 2 days for the Instagram Reels to appear on your Instagram account.
4. Log-in And Log-out Of Your Instagram Account
Even if after updating the Instagram app and even if after having applied for the beta tester program, you are not able to see the Instagram Reels function, you can try logging out of your Instagram account and then re-logging into your Instagram account once again. This step can hold useful especially if you use multiple accounts on your Instagram app.
5. Uninstall And Then Reinstall Your Instagram App
Whether it be an Android or iOS smartphone, if Instagram Reels not working despite having tried all of the above methods, chances are a bug has hit the Instagram app in your smartphone. This can easily be removed or fixed by first uninstalling the Instagram app and then reinstalling it back again.
6. Clear Cache
Many users have reported that by clearing cache, they were able to see Instagram Reels and were able to work with it hassle free. If you are an Android users here are the steps to clear cache –
1. Open Settings
2. Tap on Apps
3. In the search bar at the top right type Instagram
4. Under Usage tap on Storage
5. Now, tap on Clear Cache
You should now be able to the Instagram Reels option
7. Report The Problem
If you are still not able to see Instagram Reels even after having tried all the tricks under the hat, you can report the issue to Instagram. For raising a complaint –
1. Go to your Instagram account
2. Tap on the three horizontal lines (hamburger icon) at the top left corner of the screen
3. Tap on Settings
4. Tap on Help
5. Now, you can Report a problem. When the prompt appears tap on Report a problem
6. Type the issue. E.g. Cannot see or use Instagram Reels option
7. You even have an option of taking a screenshot of the issue
8. Now, hit the Submit button on the top right
Also Read: How to Download Instagram Highlights?
Instagram Reels is such a great feature with which you can express yourself in just a matter of 15 seconds or less and that too by using tons of filters and music. And, if until now you were bereft of the feature and were facing “Instagram reels not working” issue, we earnestly hope that this blog has helped you resolve the issue. If it did, do give us a thumbs up, share this blog with all your pals and connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. You can also subscribe to our YouTube channel as well.