Table of Contents
In the market, we have an equal number of Apple users and Windows users therefore every time we come across a situation wherein we try to share a media file from an Apple product to any other platform, then the media file does not open. This is because the Apple media files are in the M4V format which is not supported by other media players.
To curb this issue, it is necessary to convert the Apple media file which is M4V format into the most used format which is MP4 so that the file shared is accessible by the users for different platforms.
Difference between M4V and MP4 format?
M4V is a DRM encrypted file from Apple iTunes. Such a format needs the support of QuickTime codec on the device and a dedicated media player can only run these media files on the computer.
On the other hand, MP4 or MPEG-4 is a file format that is supported by almost all the devices, hence this is the most used file format by users as it does not demand any special requirement to run the media file of the MP4 format.
How to convert an M4V file into MP4?
There are several tools available that are used to convert the M4V file into MP4 on Windows 10. To convert files with these tools, either you have to download them or use them online.
Below in the article, we have discussed the major M4V to MP4 converters which help you to convert and share the video with anyone in no time. These tools are effective because they ease the method of conversion and deliver results in the minimum possible time.
Such conversions are needed not only in personal life but also in professional life because not everyone uses Mac or Apple products. We have equal representation of the Windows platform in public and therefore the need for conversion arises because the Apple-supported media file does not support another source to play the files.
Out of all the discussed converters below, we recommend you to try Movavi video converter and Wondershare UniConverter because of their easy-to-use interface and user reviews. These converters are used by masses in their daily life to ease the sharing work converting the files from Movavi video converter and Wondershare UniConverter.
List of top 10 M4V to MP4converters with features, price:-
List of Contents
1. Movavi video converter
Movavi video converter is at top of our list in the 10 best M4V to MP4 Converter. With help of this tool, you can quickly convert your video files into another file format with just a single click. Once the videos are converted you can also share the video on any platform you want.
The best feature about the Movavi video converter is that it gives you the option to convert your videos online also. For that, you just access the site and you will get the option to convert the video online.
- Supports 180+ file formats like MP4, GIF, AVI, MOV, RAW, WMV, DVD, VOB, MKV, MP3
- Compress your videos without compromising on quality
- You can merge and trim the videos
- Insert subtitles
- Available for Windows and Mac
Price- The price range starts from $39.95 and goes as high as $79.95 according to the plan you choose. It also comes with a 30 days moneyback guarantee.
Download Movavi video converter
This the second-best tool which tops our list of 10 best M4V to MP4 Converters. With help of this tool, you can convert, edit, compress, record, download the videos in more than 1000+ formats and then save those videos for your camcorder, iPhone, iPad. What sets it apart from its competitors is its feature of downloading YouTube videos.
- Supports 1000+ formats
- 30x faster conversion speed
- Convert numerous media files at once
- Burns videos to DVD and Blu-ray discs
Price- It is available for a free trial.
Quarterly plan: $9.99/month
Annual plan: $3.33/month
Perpetual plan: $59.96 for one PC
Download Wondershare UniConverter
3. Freemake M4V to MP4 converter
This is a dedicated tool to convert your Apple iTunes content into MP4 format just by pasting the URL. As the name suggests it is a freeware that is available to all for converting the M4V format into MP4 so that the media file can be played on any device- tablet, TV, Mobile phone, etc.
- Upload multiple files at once
- Quality of audio can be selected by the user
- Hassle-free import of videos
- Converts videos from social platforms also like Facebook, YouTube, etc.
4. Any Video Converter
This is a one-stop solution to convert your videos from any output device. Its responsive and user-friendly interface is easy to understand and can be used even by beginners.
- Record video screen
- Download music and videos from YouTube and 100+ sites in a batch
- Support 200+ format
- High-efficiency265 Video coding
5. Free Convert
Free Convert enables you to convert the M4V format into MP4 just in a few steps. It supports uploading videos from Dropbox, Google Drive, PC, and URL.
- Allows volume adjustment in videos
- Feature like Cut, Flip, Rotate, Fade in, Fade out, etc
- Support all popular formats
- Allow adding subtitles to videos.
6. Online Video Converter
This is the leading tool to convert your M4V format into MP4 online. You just have to drag and drop the file and choose from the additional settings to enhance video quality to convert the video.
- Extension available for Google Chrome and Firefox
- Enhance the quality of conversion by selecting optional settings like -Choose preset, Audio Settings Video setting.
- No software installation needed
- Supports all popular formats
This is another online support that helps you to convert the M4V into MP4 just by dragging and dropping the file. You can upload as many as 10 files at a time and can convert them. The uploaded files are deleted after 24 hours to ensure the security which is supported by brands like McAfee and Norton.
- Supports as many as 180+ file formats
- No registration is required to convert the file
- More than 3150 different conversions
- 10 files of 50 MB each can be uploaded at once to convert
It is a multi-platform free and open-source video transcoder that converts the video into nearly any format in no time and gives a perfect outcome.
- Built-in device presets
- Support for VFR and CFR
- Batch scans and Queueing of encodes
- Live static and Video Preview
- Chapter Markers
This converter offers a Google Chrome extension to solve your conversion issue in the browser itself. You just have to choose the file, drag it, and drop it into the source and select the desired format in which you want to convert. And that is all. Your new converted file is ready to use.
- Customizations allowed like resolution, quality, aspect ratio, etc
- Converted file can be saved to Dropbox or Google Drive
- Support maximum File size 100 MB
- Support out AVC profile level
This is the last but not the least online converter which enables you to convert your media file in a few clicks. Its simple and easy-to-use interface is very responsive and you can get the media file converted in no time.
- Converts Document, Video, Audio, Images, Electronic books, Archives.
- Videos of up to 200 MB can be uploaded
- 5 files at a time can be converted
- Convert the video which is placed on sites
Which One Did You Choose?
We have listed some major and most used M4V to MP4 converters which convert your files into multiple formats as per your needs. You just have to drag and drop the file and choose the new format in which you can convert the file and that is it, your job is done. All the above-discussed converters are top-rated and mostly used by users and you can use any of them to convert your file but we would recommend you to try Movavi Video Converter and Wondershare UniConverter. As per user review, they are convenient to use and deliver great results.
Do let us know about your experience in the comment box below.