Imagine having spent a lot of effort in shooting that perfect moment with your friends and the moment you export it into your computer, all your happiness comes tumbling down when you are met with an error. Your video file is corrupt. Devastated, you only hope to have that one chance, that one way to repair your corrupted video files.
If that’s you, today’s your day. Here are some of the best video programs to repair corrupt videos.
When Would You Need To Fix Corrupt Video Files ?
Some video files may get damaged, broken or even corrupted because of several reasons. Out of these some might be human errors whereas some might be technical glitches. And from the scenario in the starting we can say that it hurts when you have spent a lot of time in creating, curating and editing videos and then because of some reason you are not able to access them.
At such an instance, there can’t be anything better than a video repair software that can help you fix broken or corrupted files in a jiffy.
Here are some of the probable reasons why your video files may get damaged and why you might need a video repair program to fix broken video files –
- Unexpected camera shutdown or system crash
- File format becoming unsupportable while transferring from one medium to another
- Use of lesser known (and possibly faulty video converters)
- Storage device containing video becomes damaged
- Presence of malware or virus
Best Video Repair Software To Repair Corrupt Videos
Now, since you know that such circumstance can arise anytime, why not be cautious beforehand and invest in a program to fix corrupted video files –
|Table Of Contents|
|1. Stellar Repair for Video|
Before you dive ahead and look for your options to fix broken video files, consider this scenario – After coming to terms that your videos were corrupted, you deleted them out of your computer. Then later, when you read this blog, you found that you had all the chance in the world to repair your damaged videos.
For such a situation, you can use a data recovery tool like Advanced Disk Recovery which can help you recover data of all kinds (video files in our case) from a variety of storage mediums – computer, laptop, external hard disks, pen drives, you name it. Let’s quickly see how Advanced Disk Recovery works –
- Download and install Advanced Disk Recovery
- Select the area that you want to be scanned and then select the drive
- Click on Start Scan Now
- Select the Scan Mode
- Click on StartScan now
- Select the file that you want to recover
- Click on Recover
- Select the location for recovering and that’s it! You can now have your lost (and may be broken or damaged) video file for further work.
Note: Please select a location other than the original location of the file to avoid read and write operation
1. Stellar Repair for Video
Stellar Repair is an impeccable tool for repairing videos. It can fix videos that have sound issues, header issues, videos that are not playing and many others. On the downside you might find it a little hefty as it weighs 250 MB.
- Deals with video issues such as freezes, jerks, video errors such as QuickTime Error or error loading media file could not be played
- Supports file formats like WMV, AVI, MKV, FLV, MPEG, MP4, DIVX and many others
- Has the capability to repair several videos at once
- Supports video stored on external storage mediums such as external hard disk drives, SD cards (of all kinds), USB flash drives, etc
- Advanced repair option for severely damaged videos
- Multilingual support – Languages supported include English, French, Spanish, German and Italian
Price: $ 49.99
2. Video Repair Program From Grau GmbH
The video repair utility from Grau Gmbh can fix corrupted video files which are damaged or broken and that are refusing to play in your media player.
- The tool repairs corrupted videos of formats MP4, MOV, M4V and 3GP
- Supports a wide range of camera models
- You can preview video files before repairing them
- Repair videos in a batch
- Let’s you choose custom recovery setting based on the camera model that was used to record a file
3. VLC Media Player
We all probably know VLC Media as a multimedia player which helps us play videos of a variety of formats and almost all streaming protocols, but the lesser known fact is that it can also help us fix corrupted video files too. It is a cross platform which is open source.
- Easy to use interface
- Transcoding functionality that can repair corrupt MP4 and MOV files
- It automatically detects a damaged video and then prompts you to repair it
- It’s free of cost
How about being able to fix corrupted video files online? Yes! You heard us right. Restore.Media is an online video repair program which allows to repair damaged, unplayable and corrupted video (and even audio) files
- Supports video files recorded using camera, mobile and even drone
- You can repair file formats like MOV, MP4, 3GP, M4A, MXF and many others
- You can upload files up to 128 GB for repairing
Price: After free version pricing starts at $ 4.95 per file
5. OneSafe Video Repair From Avanquest Software
One Safe video repair is a feature rich video repairing utility which can efficiently deal with videos corrupted during file transfer or because of system crashes, damaged memory cards or videos that have header corruption.
- Supports video formats like ASF, MP4, WMV, MOV, 3GP, 3G2, F4V and M4V
- You can repair multiple videos at once
- You can repair damaged videos placed in your memory card, hard drive or any other storage media
- Preview files after they are repaired
- Even though it has a user friendly interface, a basic knowledge of video repairing would certainly benefit you
Price: $ 75.73
6. Wondershare Repairit
Throw in a damaged video and the video repair utility from Wondershare would repair it. Missing headers/ footers, incomplete indexes, damaged frames, you name the error and Wonderhsare Video Repair is armed to deal with the issue.
- Fixes videos from leading camera brands, the likes of Sony, Nikon, Canon, GoPro and even supports videos from mobile phones
- High video repair success rate
- Formats supported include MP4, MKV, M2TS, MOV and many others
- Irrespective of scenario – whether video got damaged while shooting, editing, converting or any other scenario, Wondershare Repairit will be able to fix the issue
- Advance repair feature available for severely corrupted videos
- You can preview videos after they are repaired
Price: Starts from $ 29.95
Which of the above Video repair tools would you use to fix corrupted video files. Apart from the above mentioned video repair software, we’d also recommend that you also have a data recovery tool like Advanced Disk Recovery so that in case you have deleted your video files (discarding them as corrupted) or have accidentally lost your video files, you can get them back.
If you liked the blog, do give it a thumbs up. You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Flipboard. You can also subscribe to our YouTube Channel.