Data loss is a common problem not just on a personal note but also in a professional environment which you always tend to hide if it’s a human error. It’s such a pain and costs you stress and a lot of money to recover lost files and folders. After testing 37 file recovery tools for PC, we have listed & reviewed these top 10 best data recovery software for Windows to recover accidentally deleted, lost, or missing files.
Best Data Recovery Software to Restore delete or lost files:
11 Best Paid Data Recovery Software To Restore Deleted, Lost Or Missing Files in 2022
All of the listed tools arrive with their free versions, but most of their premium solution has loads of upgraded features to retrieve your deleted files successfully. In fact, the cost of a pro version pales in comparison to never seeing the picture of your cutty puppy again.
|Must Try File Recovery & Undelete Software||Best-Known For||Price|
|Advanced File Recovery||Fastest scanning engine with support for all file types & formats.||$69.95/Year|
|Advanced Disk Recovery||Best Tool To Restore Deleted Files In A Jiffy||$34.89 (Current Offer)|
|Stellar Data Recovery||Reliable Data Recovery Software For Windows & Other Devices||$67.99|
|AnyRecover||Recover Data from any situation||Starts from US $ 49.95|
|EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard||Recover Files, Partitions, Boot Sectors & More||Starts at $93.91|
|Disk Drill||Evergreen Solution To Recover Lost Files On Your Windows & Mac||$170 (Lifetime Access)|
|Piriform Recuva||Retrieve Unlimited Amount Of Data With Freemium File Recovery Tool||Starts at $34.95|
|Wise Data Recovery||Easy To Use Data Recovery Software||$44.97|
|Wondershare Data Recovery||Must-Try Tool To Get Back Your Data In A Few Clicks||$72.47|
|MiniTool Power Data Recovery||Best Disk Drill’s Alternative||$69|
|OnTrack EasyRecovery||Powerful Interface With Wide Range Of Features||Starts at $100|
|Paragon Backup and Recovery||Simple Data Recovery Tool With Advanced Backup Capabilities||Starts at $99|
Features & Pros Cons: At Glance
Now that you know which are some of the best data recovery utilities available for Windows. It’s probably a time to check out their feature set, advantages & disadvantages.
1. Advanced File Recovery (Fastest Scanning Engine with Support for All File Types & Formats)
Latest Version: 18.104.22.1684
Compatibility: Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7
File Size: 7.8 MB
Accidentally deleted a file? Don’t worry! Perform hassle-free data recovery on your Windows PC and restore all the photos, videos, documents, audio files, and other file types you thought were lost forever. The application has a solid interface with robust scanning modes to identify, list, and retrieve data from hard disks, encrypted, solid-state drives, and other removable storage media. Unlike other popular file recovery tools, Advanced File Recovery supports emergency data recovery to get back files lost due to virus attacks, system crashes, power failures, human error, OS reinstallation, etc.
Click Here To Install The Latest Version Of Advanced File Recovery
- Supports recovering all photos, videos, mp3, docs & more.
- Fast scanning engine to recover missing/lost/deleted files in no time.
- Allows you to preview files before recovering them.
- Comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee.
- Support for Windows OS only.
|Reasons For Getting Advanced Disk Recovery:
2. Advanced Disk Recovery (No. 1 Tool To Restore Deleted Files In A Jiffy)
Price: $64.95 | Current Offer: $39.95
Latest Version: 2.7.1200.18372
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista & XP
File Size: 5.3 MB
Try the most trusted and recommended data recovery solution for Windows 10, 8, 7 and other versions – Advanced Disk Recovery to quickly restore accidentally deleted data or lost files from formatted hard drive OR you can go through the roundup and choose which type of scanning mode you need based on your data loss scenario. Advanced Disk Recovery is fully compatible with all types of Windows versions & systems with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. It’s simple and intuitive interface recovers almost all types of data by simply performing quick or deep scans. In fact, you can rely on this excellent data recovery software if you wish to restore data from multiple storage devices at the same time.
Click Here to Install Advanced Disk Recovery
- Easy to use interface with the user-friendly console.
- Recover any type of deleted data irrespective of file, format, size or type.
- Offers two types of scans, Deep Scan & Quick Scan to recover recent or permanently deleted files.
- Pause your session anytime you like and resume it whenever you have free time.
- It can recover data from local Hard Drive, USB, CD/DVDs running with FAT, NTFS, HFS+, EXT4 file systems.
- Lacks customization.
|Reasons For Getting Advanced Disk Recovery:
3. Stellar Data Recovery (Reliable Data Recovery Software For Windows & Other Devices)
Latest Version: 10.1.0.0
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7
File Size: 4.7 MB
We have tested a plethora of data recovery software and found Stellar to be the quickest and reliable tool to restore multiple types of files from storage devices like Hard Drives, USB Sticks, Memory Cards and many more. The data recovery solution comes with tons of scanning options that are suitable for multiple types of data loss scenarios. You can even run scans for particular places and drives, which saves your time and you certainly don’t need to perform a full system scan to recover precious files lost due to any circumstances.
- Excellent interface.
- Fastest scanning engine.
- Helps in recovering data from encrypted disks.
- Free version could only recover 1 GB of data.
- UI could be improved.
|Reasons For Getting Stellar Data Recovery:
4. AnyRecover for Windows (Recover Lost Data With Utmost Ease And Efficiency)
Price: $49.95/Monthly, $59.95/Yearly, $79.95/Lifetime
Latest Version: 5.1.0
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
File Size: 2.7 MB
Data recovery from certain situations such as computer crashes, formatted hard drives, device damages, lost partitions, etc. At such instances the only thing that can come to your rescue is powerful data recovery software that exercises effective data recovery algorithms. AnyRecover for Windows is regarded as one of the best data recovery software. In fact it even has a file filter that quickly lets you find lost files by their date and type. It helps you recover lost data from a variety of devices such as SSDs, SD cards, cameras, hard drives and even USB flash drives. It supports all major file formats. To be more specific it supports more than 1000 file types which include documents, photos, audio files, archives and much more.
Pricing: Starts from US $ 49.95
- Easy to use, simplistic interface
- Fast scanning
- The data recovery rate is high
- Recover data in all situations such as formatted hard drives, device damages, virus attacks, computer crash and many others
- More than 10 languages are supported
- Helps you retrieve unlimited data
- You can recover data without causing any harm to the existing data
- Supports more than 1000 file formats
- The free version allows you to recover up to 3 files
|Reasons For Getting AnyRecover:
5. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard (Recover Files, Partitions, Boot Sectors & More)
Price: $69.95/Month, $99.95/Yearly, $149.95/Lifetime
Latest Version: 22.214.171.124
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Server 2012/2019/2016
File Size: 43.2 MB
EaseUS Data Recovery is the best data recovery software for PCs. It’s designed keeping the convenience of the end users in mind. EaseUS performs an extreme level of recovery process without any hiccups on almost all versions of Windows. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard not only recovers lost/deleted files but also helps in recovering corrupt files without any hassle. It is a robust and effective data recovery software for format retrieval, hard drive retrieval, partition retrieval, and raw retrieval. This Windows-only tool can search for specific file types. It also allows you to pause and restart the scanning process at any time and sort retrieved files by file name, file type or date. You can also preview the file’s probability of recovery.
- Quick and easy to use with a user-friendly interface.
- Raw file recovery made possible.
- Displays probability of recovery and recovery results once done.
- Comparatively cheaper than other rivals with such capabilities.
- Automatically sorts recovered files by name, file type or date.
- Doesn’t recover files from a reformatted hard drive.
|Reasons For Getting EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard:
6. Disk Drill (Evergreen Solution To Recover Lost Files On Your Windows & Mac)
Latest Version: 4.2.568.0
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7, Server 2019/2016/2012
File Size: 34 MB
Disk Drill is an amazing recovery program by CleverFiles which is one of the most buzzing tools known for its features and technical competencies. The free version comes with a limitation of 500 MB of recovery however gives full functionality. Disk Drill can recover all your deleted Documents, Music, Photos, Videos and other file formats swiftly and easily. This program is compatible with all versions of Windows and can be used for retrieving lost and damaged files from external and internal storage. This tool supports device with FAT, NTFS, HFS+, EXT4, or any file system that you can think off.
- Comes with a Recycle Bin, specially designed to maintain a backup reference for deleted files.
- Provides Guaranteed Recovery as its database preserves a record of every single file movement.
- Allows you to create files in ISO, DMG or IMG formats.
- Supports more than 200+ file types with speed and accuracy.
- Not only Windows but this software is also compatible with iOS and Android as well.
- Allows you to recover up to 500 MB data with free data recovery version.
- Doesn’t show the file quality in the scan results.
|Reasons For Getting Disk Drill:
7. Piriform Recuva (Retrieve Unlimited Amount Of Data With Freemium File Recovery Tool)
Latest Version: 1.51.1063
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2003, 2000
File Size: 3 MB
Recuva is an excellent data recovery software for Windows PC, designed & developed by popular company Piriform. Hence, you can undoubtedly expect the best from the product. This comes with a free trial version with some limitations to recover lost data from Hard Drives, USB Flash Drives, MP3 Players, Memory Cards, and other storage devices with FAT and NTFS file systems. This application is compatible with both 32-Bit and 64-Bit versions. Recuva is also available in a portable form which means there is no risk of overwriting. It is a Freemium app, which means you can enjoy all its features by going premium. Recuva can successfully recover deleted files like unsaved Word Documents, Images, Music, Emails, Videos, and many other popular file types.
- Quick Scan, Low Price, Free Version available.
- Military-standard recovery & User-Friendly interface.
- Preview screen before recovery, Full Hard-Drive Scan, External Recovery.
- Supports drives as large as 3TB/
- Can’t recover rewritten files as compared to other high-priced rivals.
|Reasons For Getting Piriform Recuva:
8. Wise Data Recovery (Easy To Use Data Recovery Software)
Price: Free/ $59.95 per month
Latest Version: 126.96.36.1997
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista & XP
File Size: 9.4 MB
Wise Data Recovery is a lightweight and simple data recovery software for PCs which is free of cost yet effective at recovering accidentally deleted Files, Photos, Emails, Music, Compressed Files, Videos, etc. This is efficient enough to recover files from any kind of storage device. All you need to do is select a drive to be scanned and it performs a deep scan based on the keywords or file types you have selected to narrow down the search. It has got advanced algorithms; it takes less time and effort to scan the entire Hard Drive and suggests the restoration of deleted files. This free undelete program takes no time to install and scan the PC in the least possible time. It works well with numerous USB Devices, Memory Cards, External Hard Drives, and other removal devices.
- Quick scan for deleted files on Windows 10 & earlier versions.
- Coloured circles make it easy to identify the probability of recovery.
- Free of cost portable option available.
- Fast scanning speeds.
- Can recover multiple files at the same time.
- While recovering deleted files, the original folder structuring does not remain intact.
- Only compatible with Windows, doesn’t work on Mac or Linux.
|Reasons For Getting Wise Data Recovery:
9. Wondershare Data Recovery (Must-Try Tool To Get Back Your Data In A Few Clicks)
Latest Version: 7.0.0
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista & XP
File Size: 969 KB
Wondershare being on number 5 on the list doesn’t mean that it is less competent than others. This is again one of the best and complete data recovery software for Windows-based computers and other storage devices like External Hard Drive, Flash Drive, Digital Camera or Memory Cards. It is capable of recovering more than 550 file formats including Documents, Music, Photos, Videos, and Emails. It’s simple, user-friendly and favorite of more than millions of customers. It not only recovers accidentally deleted files but also takes care of formatted files, inaccessible or raw files, virus damages, improper operations and many more.
- Can recover Documents, Pictures, Videos, Audios & much more.
- It is compatible with almost all latest versions of Windows.
- Features a pause and resume the process at any point in time during scanning.
- Preview before recovery.
- Improved safety of data.
- The scanning process freezes at times.
- Output may not be as good as the original.
|Reasons For Getting Wondershare Data Recovery:
10. MiniTool Power Data Recovery (Best Disk Drill’s Alternative)
Price: $69/Monthly, $89/Yearly, $99/Lifetime
Latest Version: 9.2
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7
File Size: 76 MB
Next on our list of Top Data Recovery Solutions for Windows is MiniTool Power Data Recovery. The software is hassle-free to use and is capable of recovering files lost due to corruption, human error or any other issue. Unlike every other file recovery tool mentioned here, you can rely on MiniTool to get your data back in three easy steps: Install the software > Start scanning process > Recover lost files. The scanning process is quite fast and with the free version you can restore files up to 1 GB of size.
- Supports over 100 types of file types.
- Intuitive user interface.
- 24*7 technical support available.
- No portable option.
|Reasons For Getting MiniTool Power Data Recovery:
11. OnTrack EasyRecovery (Powerful Interface With Wide Range Of Features)
Latest Version: 188.8.131.52
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2003
File Size: 5 MB
OnTrack is another reputable name in the category of best paid data recovery software for Windows. It features a wide range of tools and comes with easy file sorting capabilities, so that you can easily have your lost, deleted or missing files back on your device. Similar to MiniTool, you can recover up to 1 GB of data with the free data recovery version. If you want to enjoy more features and get the ability to restore more data, you need to switch to the professional edition. With the paid version, you can even create disk images and retrieve data from CD’s, DVD’s and more.
- Attractive interface.
- Includes a secure-delete feature.
- Several data recovery editions for multiple needs.
- Price rises according to the level of data recovery required.
- Lacks built-in previewer.
|Reasons For Getting OnTrack EasyRecovery:
11. Paragon Backup and Recovery (Simple Data Recovery Tool With Advanced Backup Capabilities)
Latest Version: 17 10.4.0.3523
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7
File Size: 139 MB
Like several data recovery software for Windows & other devices discussed in this listicle, Paragon is an intuitive file restoring solution that offers dual purpose to back up data and recover lost, accidentally deleted or corrupted data without any efforts. It even offers functionalities for disk partitioning, successful data wiping and tools to control and manage drives. The tool has performed best, when it comes to data recovering in scenarios like hardware failure, computer virus, ransomware, trojan horse attack, human error or any type of system issues that occurs after program update. Additionally, it offers scheduled backups and encryption options, so that all your data is secured.
- Simple interface.
- Lots of advanced backup options.
- Gets constant updates
- No continuous backup option for complete folders.
|Reasons For Getting Paragon Backup and Recovery:
Best Free Data Recovery Software to Recover Deleted Files in 2022
|Data Recovery Software||Best Known-For|
|PC Inspector File Recovery||A Totally Feature Packed Data Recovery Software|
|TestDisk||Command Line Based tool to recover lost Partitions|
|PhotoRec||Tools specifically designed to recover files and not partitions|
|UnDeleteMyFiles Pro||Recover Files based on File Extension|
|Free Undelete||A Real Free Data Recovery Software|
1. PC Inspector File Recovery
(A lot of features packed inside not-so-pleasing Interface)
Latest Version: 4.0
Compatibility: All Windows Versions
File Size: 3.3 MB
PC Inspector File Recovery is a Free Data Recovery Software that goes a long way to recover your lost data. It even tries and get the data back from the deleted partitions, even after the most colossal of the damage to the boot sector and file system. In cases where your PC doesn’t even display the hard-drive, PC Inspector File Recovery will try and recover your data.
The free version is available for practically anyone, even the business clients, forever without having to pay for it ever.
However, there are a few flaws that can render this software useless for a few people and a hard choice for many. This free data recovery software can put you off with its complicated interface. Also, though it promises to recover the files from external drives too, it isn’t the most reliable option you have.
With that being said, it definitely deserves to be on the list of Best Free Data Recovery Software considering all the features it has to offer for free.
- Available for Free for all clients
- Helps recover files from deleted partitions
- Works with Inaccessible partitions too
- Confusing and Intimidating Interface
- Doesn’t work reliably with the External Drives
- It can’t be installed on the drive that you want to recover data from.
|Reasons For Getting PC Inspector File Recovery:
(A Powerful Partition Recovery Tool)
Latest Version: 7.2
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista, Server 2016/2012/2008
File Size: 20.5 MB
TestDisk is a command line based tool that is only concerned with the recovery of lost partitions and inaccessible drives.
Because TestDisk doesn’t have a graphical interface and is rather a command line-based tool, it can put off a lot of users. However, it has got a built-in guide to get you through with the process of recovering deleted/lost partitions.
- Can help recover lost and inaccessible partitions
- Has a comprehensive built-in guide to help your through the process
- A reliable tool
- TestDisk doesn’t have a graphical interface
- Using Command-Lines can be daunting for many
|Reasons For Getting TestDisk:
(Solely Focused on Recovering files from the drives and not partitions)
PhotoRec is often used as a counterpart of TestDisk. Because TestDisk solely focuses on the Partitions, whereas PhotoRec is known for reliably recovering lost files. These two tools combined create the whole suite for all your recovery needs.
Unlike TestDisk, PhotoRec does have a graphical user interface and it is pretty easy to use. PhotoRec is also a Cross-Platform tool which means that it can be run through a USB-Stick directly without having to install it on the PC.
PhotoRec is one of the best Data Recovery Software when it comes to recovering files.
- Cross-Platform Tool
- Because it can be run through USBs, it provides least harm to the recoverable files
- Doesn’t work to recover lost partitions
4. UnDeleteMyFiles Pro
(Recover Files based on their Extensions/File Type)
Latest Version: 3.1
Compatibility: Windows 19, 7, Vista, XP, 2003
File Size: 1.3 MB
Don’t get intimidated by the word ‘Pro’ in the name; it is still a Free Data Recovery Software. The user-interface of UnDeleteMyFiles Pro, like all other Free Data Recover Software, may not be its strongest point.
But UnDeleteMyFiles Pro comes packed with tools other than just data recovery. In addition to recovering your data/files based on their extensions and type, you get the option of Disk Snapshot that allows you to back up the drive and retrieve the data at your leisure.
However, on the downside, it doesn’t give any information about the quality of the recoverable files which leaves you praying for an unharmed recovered file.
UnDeleteMyFiles Pro is one of the best Data Recovery Software for Windows available in the market.
- Disk Snapshot to let you retrieve the data later
- Multiple Tools
- Let you easily recover data based on file type
- Doesn’t measure the quality of recovered file
|Reasons For Getting UnDeleteMyFiles Pro:
5. Free Undelete
(Full Free Data Recovery Software for Windows)
Latest Version: 2.1.36867.1
Compatibility: All Windows versions
File Size: 448 KB
Free Undelete is a totally free data recovery software for windows absolutely follows, no hidden charges policy. Hence, it never asks you to purchase the product for personal use.
Not just the free software, it is a great tool to use too. It is a reliable tool to help you recover files that have been deleted and the partitions that have been lost. The User-interface though looks a bit outdated, isn’t all bad.
However, the major downside is its lack of support. I know that is too much to ask for in a Free Data Recovery Software for Windows. Apart from this, Free Undelete is a great data recovery software.
- Free for Personal Use
- Supports various drive formats
- Helps recover data from even the deleted partitions
- Mandatory to purchase for Business Users
- Outdated User-Interface
|Reasons For Getting Free Undelete:
Wrapping Up Our List of Best File/Folder Recovery Software For Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 PC
All the aforementioned data recovery tools for Windows work exceptionally well and come equipped with user-friendly dashboards to ease the process.
Lately, we’ve been using Advanced File Recovery by Tweaking Technologies to retrieve accidentally deleted photos & videos, and it has worked brilliantly to restore more than that. It supports dozens of file types and formats, including RAW, Raster & Vector files. Additionally, the data recovery application has a straightforward interface with robust scanning modes to identify, list, and retrieve missing/lost/deleted files/folders from hard disks, encrypted, solid-state drives, and other removable storage media. So, we certainly didn’t feel the need to switch to another file recovery program. So, yeah, kudos to the developers!
Frequently Asked Questions: Restore Lost/Deleted/Missing Files In A Jiffy
Have certain queries related to data loss or retrieving processes? Here we are to answer!
Q1. What Are The Main Causes Of Data Loss?
There can be many possible reasons of data loss:
- A cyber-attack
- System crash
- Due to Natural disaster
- A virus or malware attack
- Or a human error may result in data loss
Many companies face data loss issues due to a server crash and as they can’t afford their precious data to be lost, they pay a huge amount to recover crucial company files and information. Companies not only spend a lot of money, time and resources on fixing loopholes in their security defences but also face reputational consequences. Imagine your personal information is compromised. It may give you Goosebumps but don’t worry, we have listed the aforementioned top 10 data recovery software after several hours of research. Now, you don’t need to be an expert in how to recover deleted files as these tools will do the needful.
Q2. Which Is The Most Reliable Data Recovery Software For Windows?
Well, if you ask for Tweak Library’s recommendation, we suggest using Advanced Disk Recovery. It’s probably the best utility designed for every type of user, no matter what data loss scenario you are dealing with, Advanced Disk Recovery will provide you successful results.
Q3. Is It Safe To Use A Third-Party Data Recovery Software?
Well, to be honest, it’s completely safe to use any of the aforementioned utilities to get your lost, missing or deleted files back. On the contrary, you need to do thorough research before choosing any other third-party software, if you are planning to install any other solution than the ones mentioned here.
Why Trust Us?
We simulate multiple products for testing as closely as possible simultaneously keeping customer’s reviews and functionalities in mind. We test each software by comparing their conversion fidelity, ease of use, speed and optimization features. As per test results, these 5 software turned out to be the best in class tools for data recovery though you may try other free software as per your needs. So even if you don’t know how to recover deleted files, you are still safe as these tools will help you solve the purpose.