The rise of a new service leads to the end of another. With that said, the launch of streaming services, on-demand digital copies of movies marked the end of DVDs & the sales dropped to 86%. In simple words, no longer people like using DVDs hence what they look for is a way to convert DVDs to MP4. If you are also looking for the same, you’re at the right place. In this post, we will discuss the best way to rip DVDs to MP4.
Before getting into details, let us discuss what to keep in mind when looking for the best tools to convert DVDs to MP4.
Also Read: Best DVD Players for Windows 10 in 2021
Things to Keep In Mind When Selecting DVD Ripper
- Should not take too long – Certainly, the speed of a DVD ripper depends on the performance of the software and systems configuration. The faster the processor, quicker the encoding. However, if a tool takes more than 15 minutes to convert DVD to MP4 with an average speed of 25FPS+ avoid considering it.
- Quality should not be compromised – If the conversion software is unable to remove copy protections like bad titles, CSS, fake titles, etc then it means it is not a powerful DVD ripper. Furthermore, if the quality is being compromised after encoding, then too it is not the right choice.
- Converted MP4 should not be large – Generally size of a DVD is somewhere between 4-7 GB depending on the quality. In simple words, smaller the size lowers the quality but this doesn’t mean if a DVD ripper is producing a large file it is best. The best DVD ripper is one that can decrypt files following the latest DVD titles.
Well, now that we know what a DVD Ripper should offer. Let us learn how to convert DVDs to MP4. But which tool should we use? Is there a converter tool that can provide fast speed, quality, and smaller size all at the same time?
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is one such tool that gives the best results in a balanced way. Furthermore, the tool supports 350+ formats and 45% of users claim to Rip DVD to MP4 (H.264/HEVC).
Features – WinX DVD Ripper:
- Convert any DVD, including homemade discs, purchased DVDs, Disney X-project DRM, APS, UOPs, etc.
- Convert complete DVD into Mp4 within 5 minutes at 300 fps
- RIP DVD without losing quality in 1:1 quality ratio
- Get optimal file size 8GB DVD to 1GB thereby saving space by 80%
- Supports DVD Folder and ISO Image
Also Read: Best DVD Burner Software For Mac and Windows
How to convert DVD to MP4 Without Compromising Quality, Size & Wasting Time?
1. Download and install WinX DVD Ripper
2. Launch DVD Ripper.
3. Click DVD Disk > Browse to the source disc location > Ok.
4. After detecting the title, from the Output Profile window look for General Profiles > MP4 Video (codec:h264+aac) > Ok
Note: By selecting the right profile, you can convert DVDs to run on iPhone, YouTube, and Android devices.
To enhance output quality, checkmark the box next to Use High-Quality Engine.
To get rid of uneven artifacts, checkmark the box next to Deinterlacing.
For the best quality and smallest size select H.265. This will give a 50% smaller size without losing quality.
To get higher quality, drag the bar from LQ to HQ encoding.
5. Once you have selected the output format and applied other settings by clicking the gear button next to the profile, you are ready to convert DVDs from GBs to MP4 MBs.
Avoid adjusting frame rate and aspect ratio
Enable Video Codec and instead of selectin H.264 pick MPEG-4
To avoid pixilation, use H.264 or H.265 code and lower the bitrate
Adjusting resolution to 640X480 will not compromise with quality
6. Now that all the settings are applied, click the big blue RUN button to start the conversion process.
7. Once the process is finished, you can save the DVD to the PC or transfer it to any device of your choice.
So, using these simple steps in just 5 minutes, without losing the quality, you can convert DVD into MP4. However, if you are looking for some alternatives, then here is the list :
- Freemake DVD Ripper
You can pick any of them. But trust us none of them work as flawlessly as WinX DVD Ripper. This tool works wonders when it comes to ripping DVDs and converting formats. Not only this, but the DVD Ripper also compresses the file in such a manner that it doesn’t take much space and gives the best quality output. We hope you will give it a try and will rip the DVD to MP4.
If you find the information helpful, share it with others. However, if you found something missing or have something to share, do let us know in the comments section.