Table of Contents
Going by the heading, you might ask why do I need an MP3 tag editor when all I can do is just download an MP3 file and enjoy listening to music, right? A sorted music library with MP3 files sorted according to the file name, size, genre, title, etc certainly makes life easy when, say, you are into a specific genre of music or love listening to songs from a particular artist.
You can even thank a music tag editor in case you are into mixing songs or are a DJ. Whatever your intent, here are some of the best MP3 tag editors for Mac
Best MP3 Tag Editors For Mac
Here we have listed some of the best ID3 and Music Tag Editors for Mac which will help you sort your music library with the utmost ease.
1. iMusic – A Music Tag Editor With A Decent Interface
It is one of the best MP3 tag editors that contains most tools with the help of which you can manage your downloaded MP3 files in just a matter of seconds. You can therefore have your playlists and tracks updated with correct ID3 tags.
- Use the toolbox to fix ID3 and Music tags
- Transfer songs between Apple devices and the iTunes library in a hassle-free manner
- You can even remove DRM protection and convert M4P files to MP3 format
- This music tag editor for Mac also doubles up as a downloader that lets you download music from over 3000 websites and radio stations in just one click
2. Wondershare UniConverter
Let’s say you have converted several videos to MP3 and now have the task of editing MP3 metadata. Under normal circumstances, you would probably bring aboard a separate MP3 tag editor for Mac. But Wondershare UniConverter apart from being a reputed video editor also brings along a dedicated music tag editor as well.
- Easily edit music tags such as actor, album name, director, episode name, and others
- Simplistic and easy to use MP3 tag editor
- Auto-fix functionality to fix media metadata
- With UniConverter, you can edit songs as well
- It has a free version as well
Want to create impeccable ID3 tags for your Mac in the DJ software that you use, Metabliss is the tag editor you should consider using. This MP3 tag editor is structured for speed and efficiency. And, it can completely sort the playlists on your Mac or the DJ software you are using.
- Works as a batch music tag editor
- Copy-paste and delete multiple artworks all at once
- You can clone the value by simply double-clicking on it and dragging it
- Easily get rid of obsolete ID3v1 tags
- You can even replace extra spaces or make changes in all files
MP3Tag is yet another lightweight music tag editor with the help of which you can easily modify the metadata of your audio files.
- Edit tags in batch pertaining to ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, WMA, MP4, and iTunes
- Import tags from online databases freedb, Discogs, and MusicBrainz
- Rename files based on the tag information
- Import/ export tag information and even create playlists
- Automatically create and manage playlists
- Unicode compliant tagging and user interface
5. Amvidia – A Feature-Rich ID3 and MP3 Tag Editor For Mac
Amvidia MP3 tag editor for Mac lets you explore new ways to rename and tag batch audio files using a ready-to-use spreadsheet. It makes editing MP3 metadata fast, flexible, and simple. Again, this music tag editor works well with online databases such as AcoustID, CoverArt, MusicBrainz, etc.
- Edit, present, and process audio metadata in a structured fashion. “Columns” menu has been organized as Mood, Podcast, Classical, Podcast, Commerce, etc and it can also be rearranged
- Batch edit tags – cut, copy, paste, find and replace and undo
- Apart from MP3 files, AIFF, WAV, FLAC are also supported
- Identify duplicates and inaccuracies in audio tags
6. Kid3 Tag Editor – A Great Batch MP3 Tag Editor
With this music tag editor, you don’t just get to edit MP3 tags but even FLAC, WMA, MPC, and Ogg files as well. Kid3 Tag Editor lets you generate tags from filenames or it can also be the other way round.
- Edit tags of multiple files at once
- Generate file directory names from tags
- Import from TrackType, Discogs, MusicBrainz, and other online databases
- Easily convert files between ID3v1 and ID3v2
7. Music Tag Editor – Effectively Manage MP3 Tags
Music Tag Editor helps you edit metadata and even convert text encoding of music tags. It also lets you download album images from the internet. You can even search for tags from all major online databases
- Multiple editing functionality
- Online album image and multi-album image supported
- Supports all kinds of tags – ID3v1, ID3v2, APE, ASF, iTunes, xiphComments
- iTunes tags are supported
- You can export results in a CSV format
8. InstantD3 – Online Free MP3 File and ID3 Tag Editor
Even if you are a Mac user and want to edit MP3 metadata on the go, you have options galore. InstantD3 is an online MP3 tag editor that lets you modify music tags. We won’t say that it is the best option as compared to the above-mentioned MP3 tag editor but, this can be a great option if you are, say, traveling and want to edit music tags.
- Free of cost service
- Edit tags such as Artist, Title, Album, Year, Genre, and track
- Available for all platforms
9. Meta – Manage Your Music Collection Like Never Before
A messy music library can be a nightmare if you are a DJ, musician or a simple music enthusiast. If that’s so, you need an advanced music tag editor like Meta which is so aptly named.
- Supports a variety of file formats
- Changes can be made to multiple files at the same time
- Compose better file names using tags
- Instead of manually assigning track numbers, automatically assign track numbers
- Edit artwork easily
10. Metadatics – A Simple To Use ID3 Tag Editor
Is an advanced music tag editor for Mac. It is loaded with several features that makes batch editing of audio metadata of several files easy.
- File types include AIFF, WAV, MP3, APE, WMA, OGG, etc
- Support ID3v1, ID3v2, MP4, APE, etc
- You can perform a variety of functions like remove characters from beginning or end, copy from tag to tag, replace text and do a lot more
- Support for album artwork
So, these are some of the best MP3 tag editors for Mac, which help you sort your audio library, immaterial of the number of files or the kind of tags they carry. If you liked this list, do give this blog a thumbs up and share with as many friends as possible.