Toning down the size of an image or several images at large for various purposes is a required norm. But, here’s what happens – the moment you try to reduce an image’s size, it loses its quality. And, resizing an image alone is not the only task you often deal with. You also have to rename it, change its format, change its orientation and do a lot more stuff. That’s what we are here for. In this blog, we will enlist some of the best image resizer apps for Mac.
When Should You Resize Photos On Mac?
Users from all walks of life need an image resizer tool at some or other point in time. And, sometimes, it’s not just one image but we need to resize multiple images on Mac. Read the following instances and we are sure, you’ll understand the very importance of an image resizing tool –
- First and foremost, large photos take up huge storage space, not just on your Mac but any other device you might use to store your photos. This is why it is always advisable to first reduce an image’s size.
- You need to resize images and change them to a more supportable format like PNG if you are planning to use them in your blogs. Since, if not converted they may increase the page loading time of your blog and you may lose readers.
- When asked to email a large number of images, first it’s not just a task that demands uploading images. It is also about reducing their size and renaming them, isn’t it? That’s exactly where an image resizing tool can help you.
The best image resizer apps for Mac don’t just let you resize images down to your desire but even let you rename them apart from letting you do a lot more.
Also Read: Best Image Resizer Tools For Windows 10 and Older Versions
Best Apps For Resizing Photos On Mac
Without further ado, let’s have a look at some of the most popular, effective, and easy to use image resizer apps for Mac –
1. Image Resizer
Download Image Resizer Tool
Read our Full Review On Image Resizer
First on our list of the best image resizing apps for Mac is a perfect no-nonsense tool. This image resizing tool for Mac offers just the right set of settings that are required to resize an image and nothing else. Image Resizer does exactly what its title says – resize multiple images without letting you lose the image quality. And, if you thought, that’s it, wait till you see its features.
- Easy to use attractive interface
- Resize a single image or an entire batch of images in a folder
- Not only resizing images, but you can also even change the image format
- One of the best functionalities that makes Image Resizer stands apart is that it lets you scale images up and down by selecting predefined dimensions
- Tweak images to the right orientation
- Doesn’t compromise on an image’s original quality
Also Read: How to Reset A Mac To Factory Settings?
Looking for a feature-rich batch resizer for Mac, Batch Photo is an option you should definitely consider. It is one of those image resizing apps for Mac that is trusted by some of the popular brands like Intel, Cisco, and the likes.
- Process multiple hundreds and thousands of photos at once
- Convert over 170 image formats such as JPEG, PNG, TIFF, GIF, PDF, and even RAW image formats, those that come from high-end DSLR cameras
- Easily rename images
- Apply customized edits and monitor folders
- Preserve IPTC and EXIF metadata between image formats
3. Resize Sense
Resize Sense is a flexible image resizing app for Mac that comes from Veprit. It doesn’t just let you resize multiple images but even crop them with the utmost ease. The best part about this image resizer app for Mac is that it lets you save your existing configurations which you can reuse.
- Resize multiple images and even select file name pattern for each image
- Define dimensions, megapixel count, etc while cropping the image
- Preview pane which gives you feedback of the changes instantly
- You can synchronize and bulk crop and resize images
- Manually skip an image or keep the original image
Sizerox might not be the flashiest but undoubtedly one of the best image resizer apps for Mac which helps you resize multiple images on Mac without a hiccup. If you have several images on your hand, that need to be resized and renamed, give Sizerox a spin –
- Simple interface that even a beginner won’t have difficulties getting a hang of
- You can drag and drop images from a location onto the dashboard
- Resize and rename images
- Use predefined or preset settings
- You can even rotate, crop or add a watermark
- Functionality to check if the image quality has been compromised or not
- Ability to perform sequential numbering while renaming resized images
- The following images formats can be resized – JPEG, GIF, TIFF, PNG, PICT, and PNG
- iResize will still function well if you have file names starting from accented characters such as ç, à, ü, etc
XnConvert is one of the best apps for reducing photo size on Mac. It offers great features to resize and edit images on Mac. Here are some of the main features of XnConvert.
- Reduce the size of multiple photos on Mac in batches
- Easy drag and drop functionality
- All major graphic and image formats are supported such as JPEG, PNG, TIFF, GIF, PSD, WEBP, HEIC, PDF, and many others
- Multilingual support
- Perform 80 different operations such as edit metadata, adjust brightness and contrast, apply filters and effects, and many others
We’d like you to try all the above apps for reducing the size of pictures on your Mac. However, if picture resizing is the only thing on your mind, Image Resizer is the ultimate tool. Having said that, do let us know which of the apps you liked using the most. For more such tech-related content, keep reading Tweak Library and if you find the blog to be helpful, do upvote it. You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, Flipboard, and Instagram, the links of which are mentioned below. And, if you are more into video content, don’t forget to like, share and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
How to Turn Off or Disable iMessage on Mac
What Is EXIF Data- How To View And Edit It
Ways To Edit Images In Photos App For Mac
Leave a Reply