Table of Contents
Table of Contents1. MX Player2. Xender3. LocalCast4. AllCast5. Video Player All Format- XPlayer6. VLC For Android7. Video Player HD All Formats & Codecs – KM Player8. PlayerXtreme Media Player9. Wondershare Player10. BS Player
Video players for Android are sometimes needed to play video files that are there on your phone. Most of the video player apps let you easily play videos without any issues. In the era of Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube, there is still a need for some amazing media player apps for Android. Check out these video players to watch your all-time favorite videos on Android and turn it into a portable theater.
Best Video Players For Android
1. MX Player
MX Player is the best free video player for Android with advanced hardware acceleration and subtitle support. This media player is a perfect mix of simplified usage and powerful features. This clutter-free viewer supports various swipe gestures to zoom in and zoom out, adjust brightness and sound volume, etc. Not only this, the app features in both software and hardware decoding for a wide range of file formats.
- Multi-core decoding for better performance.
- Kids lock to keep your kids away from other apps.
- Additional plugins to add more functionality.
- Smart gestures for easy usage of the app.
Xender is popularly known for being a file-transfer app but it also works as an amazing video player for Android. You can view videos, share movies and music files with the people around you with this amazing media transfer and player app for Android. You need not have to connect any USB to use this application. This app can be used across all platforms- Android, IOS, Tizen, Windows, PC/ Mac.
- Converts video to audio (to MP3).
- Play all the music and videos you receive then and there.
- Save Instagram and social media videos using its Social Media Downloader.
LocalCast is yet another video player for Android that includes streaming media from your device to a Chromecast, Xbox, Roku, AppleTV etc. This is one of the best video players that allows users to stream content stored locally on their devices, cloud storage i.e. Google Drive and Dropbox, etc. Enjoy watching and sharing all your favorite videos and music files.
- Zoom, rotate and Pan gestures on Chromecast and other devices.
- NAS:SMB access.
- Effective subtitle integration
In the list of best video player apps for Android, AllCast is yet another one that specializes in sending your local storage to your streaming devices and other DLNA compliant devices. It allows users to stream videos (with subtitle support) as well as photos, videos and music from your local storage, as well as cloud services. The free version shows advertisements on your phone, but you can always switch to its premium version anytime to remove ads.
- One of the most stable casting apps for Android.
- Free and Paid version for better enjoyment.
- Send locally stored content to Chromecast, Roku etc.
5. Video Player All Format- XPlayer
Winner of Google Play Best of 2017, XPlayer is a professional video playback tool that supports all video formats, 4K/Ultra HD video files, etc. this is one of the best HD video player for Android that further protects your device from private videos being deleted or seen when someone else uses your device. It keeps your private videos safe in a private video.
- Ultra HD video player, support 4K.
- Supports subtitle downloader and more.
- Easy controls i.e. volume, brightness, and playing process.
6. VLC For Android
VLC For Android is a free and open-source video player for Android that works well with almost all multimedia files, discs, devices and network streaming protocols. As said by video streamers, this is one of the best video players for Android and a must-have with unique features. VLC has in it all the codecs built-in without the need for any additional plugin.
- Subtitle support, full media support (including audio), multi-track audio, and more
- No plugins needed.
- Plays almost all media files and supports disk shares.
7. Video Player HD All Formats & Codecs – KM Player
KM Player is another in the list of best video player apps for Android that can play all types of subtitles and videos. With its latest update, it has added various functions for more smooth usage i.e. quick button, video zoom and move, playlist setting etc. KMP Connect lets you view movies or videos on your PC from your smartphone. The app is easy to use and free with no in-app purchases.
- High definition video playback: HD, 4K, 8K, UHD, Full HD playback.
- Invert left and right (mirror mode), upside down.
- Use equalizer for music and video.
8. PlayerXtreme Media Player
PlayerXtreme is one of the most popular cross-platform multimedia players for Android. With this free video player for Android, you can watch movies, listen to music in any video/ audio format. The supported file formats are inclusive of- 3gp, asf, avi, divx, dv, dat, flv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov etc. You can further enjoy direct playback using this amazing video player app for Android.
- Supports all popular formats of subtitles.
- 4k Ultra HD Playback Support.
- With no storage limit, you can play, watch and stream as much as you want.
9. Wondershare Player
If you are looking for a versatile video player app for Android, Wondershare Player is your go-to option anytime. It might not have the advanced playback and system settings, but it can support multiple file formats. You can enjoy watching your favorite videos on this amazing platform along with this it allows you to stream videos and Chromecast.
- Get recommendations for the latest videos from other entertaining sites.
- ‘Watch Later’ feature to save videos for later dates.
- It supports all the video and audio formats.
10. BS Player
Last but not least. BS Player is another feature-rich video player for Android that is known for its hardware-accelerated video playback. This video player is clutter-free and is inbuilt with awesome gesture controls, a variety of skins etc. You can even customize the interface as per your interest and liking.
- Multi-core HW decoding support.
- Supports multiple audio streams and subtitles.
- Lock screen to prevent accidental change of videos.
So, now you have got a list of the best video players for Android devices. Besides numerous streaming services available, the importance of versatile video player apps still exists. Which one is your favorite video player for Android apart from online streaming services? Let us know in the comments section below.
Till then, keep reading Tweak Library!