When it comes to downloading an app on an Android device, then Google Play Store is the most secure and trusted place. Apps from genre that are available are readily available on Play Store and that too with the security of Google Play Protect. But as we all know, some apps are restricted to a specific country or region and changing the region may disable/enable the access to the apps. So, if you have shifted to a new country or location then you need to change your country on Google Play Store as well. And if you don’t know how to do this then just continue the read till the end.
Change Your Country on Google Play Store
If you have shifted to a new country then it is always a good idea to change your country on Google Play to access the proper version of Google Play Store. And if you frequently purchase apps, movies, and other contents from Google Play Store then changing the country becomes more important for proper billing. But remember if you are just going to a different country for vacation or for a short span of time then it is not advisable to change the country on Google Play Store.
Also Read: How To Fix Google Play Store Error Codes
How to Change Country On Google Play Store
Changing your country on Google Play Store is not a tough task but lots of Android users forget to do that when they shift to a different country. To change your country on Google Play Store follow the steps listed below:
1. Tap on the Google Play Store icon to launch the app on your Android device.
2. Tap on the menu icon(3 parallel lines) located on the top left corner of the app screen.
3. Now from the menu that displays tap on Account option.
4. If the Play Store detects that your location/country is changed based on your IP address, then you find a country switching option under the Country and profiles section.
5. Now tap on the country to change your location.
6. You will now receive a confirmation message box showing you the time it may take to switch the country along with other general information. Tap on continue option to proceed.
If asked to add a new payment method then add it, as it will help you purchase your favorite content available on Play store for that country.
Please note that the change of country can take up to 48 hours to come into effect.
Point To Remember Before Changing Your Country on Google Play Store:
Before changing your country on Google Play Store you need to keep the following points in mind:
- The payment method that you use in your previous country will become inaccessible once you change your country on Google Play Store.
- You will be unable to use your Google Play balance that includes the gift card added to your account or free credit earned through Google Opinion Rewards.
- You can only change Play Store country once in 365 days, therefore never change your country if you are travelling to another country for vacation.
FAQs Related to Change in Country on Play Store:
1. Why am I unable to see an option to add a country on the Play Store?
You will not see the option under 3 conditions:
- It has less than a year since you have your country on Google Play Store.
- You are still in the same country as the option is enabled based on your IP address.
- If you are part of Google Play Family Library.
2. Why am I unable to use Google Play balance after changing the country on Google Play Store?
Since your Google Play Balance is associated with your Google Play country, therefore If you have changed your country you will not be able to use the balance that you acquired in the previous country.
3. What will happen to my Google Play balance after changing the country?
Your Google play will remain linked to your old country. So, in future if you travel back to your old country and change the country you can use that balance again.
4. How many times can I change my country on Google Play Store in a year?
You are only allowed to change your country once in 365 days. So if you made a recent change to your country, you will not be able to change it back for 1 year.
If you are thinking of changing your country on Google Play Store just to access the apps that are unavailable in your country, then it is not a smart move. So only use this feature if you are changing your country at least for a year. Also, if you have enjoyed reading this article then do share it with your friends and family on various social platforms.
Read Next: Best Google Play Store Alternatives