Table of Contents
You’ve shot a great video but it has a few clips which are better trashed. How do you intend to approach such clips without causing any harm to the whole video? Scared that if you try to trim down a video, you’ll wreak disaster on it or make it lose its quality? Worry not, that’s what we are here for.
Sometimes, cutting some parts of the video and merging it with another video can work just wonders. You might be smelling some advanced video editing, here, right? To an extent, yes! But, How about we tell you that there are some great video trimmers and cutters for Mac, where you can straight dive into slicing off the right bits from the video. Though of course, most of these video trimmers and cutters also let you add effects, tweak background and perform colour correction and all that jazz, which video editors generally do.
Let’s Dig Into Some Of The Best Video Cutters And Trimmers For Mac
1. Filmora 9 Video Cutter
Cutting or trimming specific parts of a video, is probably one of the first tasks and it can sometimes even come across as tedious too. Come in an awesome tool like Filmora 9. It has what it takes to easily and efficiently slice off those unwanted clips from your otherwise wonderful video.
- Cut videos into several parts
- Fasten the cutting process using the Automatic Scene Detection functionality
- Cutting 4K videos, use the Instant Cutter Tool which easily trims down large videos and doesn’t let video lose quality
- Easily cut/ split/ trim/ delete videos using the trim feature
2. Xilisoft Video Cutter
You have downloaded your favourite music video but are bogged by unwanted ads, unnecessary trailers and unneeded credentials appearing at the start or the end (or even in between). To get rid of such elements, you can take the help of Xilisoft video trimmer for Mac which is a dedicated Mac video cutter that lets you weed out parts from the video that you don’t like-
- Easy to use and clean interface
- Remove unwanted segments from the video
- Cut MPEG/MP4, AVI and WMV or any other format and output these as one format
- Freely select regions by using a slider
3. Adobe Premiere Elements
It’s not just the start and the end of the video that have to be clipped off. Sometimes, you might want to trim down a desired part of the video clip. Which is where you need an intelligent video cutter for Mac and Adobe Premiere Elements is just that –
- Manual and automatic Smart Trim feature which specifically target the low-quality sections of the video file
- You can easily trim a clip straight from the Quick view timeline, preview window and expert view timeline
- Efficiently handle shaky, blurred and low-resolution files
- Retrieve frames that are not placed in the Expert view timeline or Quick view timeline
4. Movavi Video Splitter And Merger
So, you have trimmed a video on Mac but now, you are faced with another daunting task, merge it with another clip. You have to get rid of all that unnecessary content but merge it in a manner that you make something meaningful out of the clips. Movavi Video Splitter does exactly that for you –
- Easily segregate segments of videos and merge them in a single clip
- With this video cutter for Mac never again will you have to deal with incompatibility issues. Throw in any format – AVI, MOV, MKV, WMV or anything else, you will be able to trim it
- Trim down unnecessary footage with the help of Movavi’s MP4 cutter
- Spice your trimmed videos using filters
5. FlexClip – Free Online Video Trimmer
Are you traveling and are required to immediately slice off some part from a video on the go. Worry not if you don’t have a standalone video editor because with FlexClip you have the flexibility to trim down your video while on the go.
- Absolutely free
- Drag and drop files of any format and you are good to go
- Despite being online, you can easily preview files in real-time
- Highly secured
- Trims any area of the video in a matter of seconds
6. Gihosoft Free Video Cutter
Here’s a video cutter that aims at increasing your precision while you are editing your videos. And, you won’t have to spend oodles of cash to have this utility.
- Easy to use, user-friendly interface
- Full control on every minute second of the range
- All popular video formats are supported
- Spin buttons and a comprehensive preview pane add more accuracy
- Preserve video quality
7. Avidemux Video Cutter
Even though Avidemux is primarily intended to edit videos, it works just as fine as a video cutter. Apart from trimming videos, it can edit, append, resize, crop and denoise images –
- Easily choose start and endpoint for cutting
- Split video into manageable segments
- Comes with powerful scripting capabilities
- Footage scrubber and placement markers
8. TunesKit Video Cutter For Mac
Cutting a video clip is sometimes not as simple as it sounds, you have to be wary that your audio and video are trimmed to perfection, so much so that both go hand in hand. TunesKit does exactly that. From cutting, splitting to converting an edited video clip to the right format, TunesKit does it all.
- Great for beginners and experts alike
- Convert and trim videos at 60 X speed
- This utility gives you complete flexibility to merge media portions that have been cut from the same file
- Supports a variety of formats like AVI, MPEG, MP4, M4A, WMV, H.264, FLV and all other popular formats
- Apart from cropping and trimming you can even add frames, effects, watermarks, subtitles, sound effects, too
9. Clideo – Free Online Video Cutter
The saying – you don’t get free lunches doesn’t apply to Clideo free online video cutter for Mac, Windows or whatever platform you are using it on. Despite being free and online, the tool still uses stringent security to safeguard files.
- Trim necessary segments with ease
- Takes few seconds to trim the beginning and end of the clip
- Select files from any desired location on Mac or cloud storage medium
- Dedicated MP4, AVI, WMI splitter
- You can even trim videos straight from your Instagram account
So, these were some of the best and easy-to-use Video trimmers for Mac. even if you are not that seasoned at video editing or have dreaded video editing, maybe these utilities will fire up the courage and interest in you to edit more and more videos. And, in case the blog’s been able to do that, do show some love by upvoting the blog and sharing it with your friends, family and colleagues.