We store hundreds of videos on our Mac, all varying in size. As a matter of fact, most of these videos don’t just sit on your Mac alone. You also transfer them to other devices, share them with your friends, family and colleagues. And, that is the time when you can’t just transfer or share a video with its original size. You need to reduce its size, but, without compromising with the quality. That’s where you need a video compressor for Mac. And, in this blog, we will discuss some of the best Video compressors for Mac.
Also Read: Best Video Converters for Windows 10,8,7
What Is A Video Compressor For Mac? What Is The Need For Video Compressor For Mac?
A video compressor for Mac is software that helps you reduce the size of your video. The size of the video is reduced so that it can be easily shared or transferred to some other device that may or may not support a video of a certain resolution.
Now, there are two kinds of compression – lossy compression in which the quality of the video is compromised and lossless compression, in which the quality of the video more or less remains the same.
Also Read: Best Image Resizer Apps For Mac
Best Video Compressor Apps For Mac
Here are some of the best tools which will help you reduce the size of any video on Mac, in the format you desire without causing any harm to the original quality of the video.
List of Contents
Built with an advanced algorithm to compress videos, VideoProc is a simple video compressor app for Mac that has the capability to compress a video by almost 60%. Although it is majorly a video editing software for Mac, it does a tremendous job as a video compressing tool for Mac as well.
- Easy to use interface
- Supports video codecs such as MPEG2, MP4, MOV, MKV, MOD, MPEG-4 AVC, H.265/ HEVC, just to name a few
- Doesn’t let the video lose its quality
- Doubles as a video editor and lets you trim, cut and crop videos before compressing them
- Uses GPU hardware acceleration thereby compressing videos smoothly
2. Movavi Video Converter
If you are looking for straightforward software that can help you reduce the size of your video for various reasons, Movavi video converter is the tool you are looking for. It is touted as one of the best video compressors for Mac.
- Unlike many video compressors for Mac, Movavi supports 4K compression without causing any harm to the quality
- The conversion speed is at par with the best video compressors for Mac
- Compress video in three simple steps – drag and drop the file, select compression rate and click on “convert”, that’s it!
- Allows you to edit videos as well
- Batch processing supported
We all know Filmora as a powerful video editing software but the lesser-known fact that it is also a wonderful video compressor for Mac. So, you get the goodness of video editing along with compressing videos in one software.
- Easy to use interface that even beginners can understand
- Compress videos in more than 12 media formats including FLV, VOB, MP4, AVI, etc
- Can produce outputs in more than 20 video formats
- Compress an MP4 video up to 60% of its original size in less than 1 minute
- Even after compression, the quality of the video remains the same
First on the list of best video compressors for Mac is Handbrake. It is open-source software that is available free of cost. Whether you are a beginner or a tech-savvy professional, you can see tons of tutorials that will help you get a hang of it. Having said, this video compression software is more suited to those who have some knowledge of programming.
- Highly customizable
- Compress video in a variety of video formats without losing quality
- You can compress video according to the device of your choice
- Source code can be changed and the software can be changed to a sound compressor
Needn’t install a full-fledged software when you have YouCompress online video compressor for Mac. And, the best part is that it is free of cost. On the flip side, this video compressor for Mac can be used if you only have a few videos to compress.
- Decent intuitive interface
- Compress unlimited files
- Once you have converted the video and have exit the page, your video gets deleted from the server
- Supports WMV, MOV, MP4, AVI and VOB formats
- No watermarks unlike many free video compressors for mac
If you are not in a mood to download a full video compressor for Mac, you can instead take the online route and reduce the size of your clip, not just on Mac but even on Windows as well. Along with a compressor, it also doubles up as a webcam recorder, editor, and converter.
- Compress video files on the go
- Allows you to clip video in batches
- It supports a wide variety of input resolutions and format
- You can upload, share and view videos all at the same place
7. BlazeMedia Pro
Keeping aside its interface which is a little dated, there is no reason why you wouldn’t like this video compressor for Mac. it is one of those utilities which also lets you preview the files before you reduce their size.
- Dated but easy to use interface
- A large number of formats are supported like MPEG, AVI, WMV, etc
- Highly customizable
- You can set both start and end time
- Batch processing allowed
8. Any Video Converter And Compressor
Any Video Converter is one of the best video compressors for Mac. Again it is one of those video editors which does the work of reducing the video size deftly since it offers a variety of compressions options.
- Latest video compression standards are used to convert videos
- Drag and drop files, select compression parameters and you are good to go
- Supports batch conversion without compromising on the video quality
- Fast conversion speed
- Any video converter supports more than 200 video formats
Clideo is a video compression software that lets you compress the video by almost 40%. All you have to do is simply upload the file, set parameters and that’s it.
- Intuitive and easy to use interface
- Fast compression
- Needn’t download the software as the compression takes place online
- You can even choose a file from one of your cloud storage platforms like Dropbox, Google Drive, etc
Needn’t go anywhere else if you are in need of a video compressor for Mac. If you liked this blog, bookmark it for future reference, share it with your friends, and don’t forget to upvote it. You can also find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Flipboard. If video content interests you, do like, share and subscribe to our YouTube channel.