People usually face issues while converting a file to a particular format. If we talk about professionals, they need a tool to convert or compress a specific file to another file. PDF compressor apps reduces the size of a file and compresses in a format that a user needs. This process will save users time and cost, depending on their platform, privacy needs, and time. Basically, PDF compressor means compressing/reducing the size of a particular file which will help while web uploads, printing and attaching a file to an email.
We are going to discuss the best PDF compressor applications for iPhone and Android users which can help users to compress PDF files on mobile in an easier way. These apps are quick and can compress PDF files to 100 KB, 200 KB or below for iPhone and Android users. Want to know about them? Let’s start!
Also Read: Best PDF Creators for Mac
Here Are The 10 Best Free PDF Compressor Apps 2023
1. iLovePDF- PDF Editor & Reader
This application is 100% safe and easy to use in mobile phones as it will help you to edit and modify PDF files easily. As uses can add a signature to PDF document and gives full access to PDF tools on your device without place and time limitations.
This app allows you to merge and split PDFs & digitally signed documents, convert them in JPG format, among other formats too. In addition to these features, it enables users to connect with Google Drive and DropBox, and compress the files directly from the cloud by using this compress PDF application.
PRICE: Free, In-app purchase starting from $5.04
FEATURES: ILovePDF – PDF Editor & Reader
- Allows you to snap a picture of anything & save it as a PDF.
- Easily compress PDFs to reduce file size.
- A hassle-free way to convert JPG to PDF and vice-versa.
- Extract images from PDF without compromising quality.
- Provides all the essential tools to edit PDFs easily.
- Supports Text Recognition (OCR) to easily transform any scanned image or text into PDF.
Best way to boost overall productivity.
Ability to annotate, add notes, comments, etc.
Tools to draw or insert images into
Helps in organizing & protecting documents.
Lots of ads, which hampers the overall experience.
2. Adobe Acrobat Reader for PDF
With this application, users can highlight texts, add sticky notes, switch to dark mode for low light, capture accessed scanned PDFs using the free Adobe Scan app, etc from your devices like Android phones/tablets, and iOS devices.
Adobe Acrobat Reader application also connects to Adobe Document Cloud and other cloud software like Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft Drive, etc. which help users to upload/share files easily from cloud or Adobe application directly.
PRICE: Free, In-app purchase starting from $1.19
FEATURES: Adobe Acrobat Reader PDF Maker
- Tools to add sticky notes and highlights to the PDF.
- Feature for filling PDF forms with form filler feature.
- Ability to share a file with others.
- Helps in adding text or drawings to PDF.
- Export PDFs to Word, Excel, or PPT file formats.
- Tools for creating, editing, merging, compressing, and exporting Google Drive files.
Help save battery with dark mode.
Supports printing docs directly from your device.
Allows you to share files for adding comments or viewing.
Provides the best PDF reading experience with Liquid Mode.
The app may crash periodically.
3. Foxit Mobile PDF
Foxit Mobile PDF application is easy to use that allows users to add notes, view, and protect PDF files. It enables users to compress PDFs from common files like Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Users will experience high-quality rendering PDF as well as a dual page view which is easy to handle. This app lets users play audio clips and view videos apart from compressing PDFs.
Unlike the other compress PDF apps, this app comes with Connected PDF that provides intelligence, security and collaboration services for PDF files.
PRICE: Free PDF Compressor App
FEATURES: Foxit PDF Editor
- Helps in reorganizing your PDF pages.
- Ability to combine, convert and compress PDF files without any hassles.
- Tool to create PDFs from scratch and via images, text files, etc.
- Ability to scan and convert paper documents to PDF Files.
- Tool to add handwritten signatures to PDFs.
Fill out and save PDF forms.
Secure: powerful file protection features.
Multi-Language: support for 12 languages.
Lightweight PDF Compressor doesn’t exhaust your device resources.
Lack of options.
Not as powerful as other PDF compressor apps.
4. PDF Reader- Document Expert
This is the best PDF compressor application for reading, editing and sharing any PDFs on any device. Users can easily use this compressor application on their device and transfer/share on the cloud and can work easily with the compress PDF file size in Mac or Windows computer.
This application supports PDF, text, ePub and image file formats that help users to compress any file format to 100kb or lower size. Users can upgrade PDF Reader application with Document 365 application which unlocks all features like hide the margins, rotating, re-arranging, add night view mode for Android, iOS, Windows and Mac as well.
PRICE: Free, In-app purchase starting from $2.99
FEATURES: PDF Reader – Expert PDF Editor
- Tools to edit, annotate, combine, convert, compress, encrypt, etc.
- Allows users to scan and sign PDF documents.
- Supports OCR technology to scan and convert images or text into PDF.
- Add and remove passwords to lock/unlock PDFs.
- Attach audio notes or insert photos to PDFs.
Dark mode supported.
Send faxes directly from within the app.
Present a PDF as a slideshow.
Ability to add and remove watermarks from PDFs.
Could have more advanced features for PDF editing.
5. PDF Compressor – Compress pdf file size
This is an easy free PDF compressor application in which users have to upload the file and this app will compress the file quickly. This application can reduce the file size without compromising the document integrity.
The best part of this application is users can compress as much file or document with this app as this application is free and works offline as well. With this advantage, users can easily share and upload the compressed document or file using the Android device.
With the increase in Graphics and Content media, every user should have a PDF compressor application. The application needs to be adequate as it will help users to compress the document/files easily. Every user thinks twice before uploading a PDF file as the actual file size is in at least 3 digits. Therefore, the PDF document needs to be compressed.
PRICE: Free PDF Compression App
FEATURES: PDF Compressor – Compress pdf file size
- Easy to use interface for smooth operations.
- Tools to easily reduce PDF file size within seconds.
- Allows you to share the compressed file online.
- A dedicated app to compress PDFs only.
Suitable PDF Compression app for novice users only.
Lightweight and doesn’t consume many system resources.
Lacks lots of features that other competitors
Download this Application for Android devices from Play Store
6. All PDF – PDF Reader, PDF Viewer & PDF Converter
Next on our list of Top 10 PDF Compressor Apps include All PDF. The application features all the tools needed for viewing, reading, managing, compressing, converting PDFs without putting in much effort. The application has dozens of positive reviews on the Google Play Store and is known for its powerful features set for handling multiple PDFs.
Using All PDF, you can even add password protection to safeguard important documents. It even provides features for PDF splitting, merging, adding page numbers, extracting all images, and more. The multipurpose tool also helps in editing the PDF file metadata and changing information related to the Author, Creator, Original Date, Modified Date, etc.
PRICE: Free, In-app purchase starting from $1.72
FEATURES: PDF Compressor – Compress pdf file size
- Tools to extract all texts from PDFs.
- Organize and rearrange pages in a PDF.
- Tool to reduce the PDF file size by using a compression tool.
- Ability to print documents directly from your device.
- Tools to rename, delete & view details of your PDF.
Supports both day & night reading modes for a convenient experience.
Share with anyone via email, cloud, messaging apps, etc.
Provides single page or continuous scroll mode.
Ability to add pages to Bookmark.
The interface might seem overwhelming to some users.
Get this excellent PDF Compressor for your Android smartphone!
7. PDF Utils: Merge, Reorder, Split, Extract & Delete
PDF Utils is one of the best apps to reduce PDF size without compromising quality on your Android device. The PDF Compression tool is loaded with a variety of features apart from the quick compression feature. It brings tons of tools ranging from creating new PDF files to managing them on your local storage
Apart from various PDF management tools, it allows users to merge, split, extract, add watermark, reorder, rotate, remove specific pages, password-protect, cut into multiple pages, and so on. Moreover, it is loaded with effective conversion tools as well to transform popular image file formats to PDF and webpages to PDF as well.
PRICE: Free, In-app purchase starting from $5.97
FEATURES: PDF Utils: Merge, Reorder, Split, Extract & Delete
- Tons of tools to merge, reorder, rotate, split, compress, cut & more.
- Ability to convert custom text & emojis to PDF.
- Tool to add watermark to PDFs.
- Supports converting Images to PDFs and vice-versa.
- Allows users to convert web pages to PDF as well.
Best free lightweight PDF compressor app for Android.
Comes with an easy-to-use & intuitive interface.
Works offline as well.
Helps in removing password protection from PDF.
Users may face constant hanging issues.
Try using PDF Utils on your Android!
8. WPS PDF – Free For PDF Read, View, Edit, Convert
Our list of Best PDF Compression Apps for Android & iPhone (2022) will certainly be incomplete without mentioning WPS PDF. The free PDF app is a convenient option for viewing, reading, annotating, compressing, converting, highlighting PDFs easily. It brings all the features needed in an ideal PDF Management app wrapped within a smart dashboard.
WPS PDF provides tools to adjust the brightness of your phone within the app and supports a Night mode to help users with the best experience while reading at night. It even allows users to print and share PDF documents through popular communication apps like Gmail, WhatsApp, and more.
PRICE: Free PDF compressor app
FEATURES: WPS PDF – Free For PDF Read, View, Edit, Convert
- Allows you to manage multiple PDF files with the help of Tags.
- Reduce file size while optimizing for maximal PDF quality.
- Tools to copy, annotate, add bookmarks, and share files easily.
- Helps in encrypting sensitive PDF files with password protection.
- Allows you to view PDFs in thumbnail mode.
Fix some bugs to improve the user experience.
Lately, it has optimized the overall UI.
Has multilingual support.
One of the fast PDF reading tools available today.
You might face issues while annotating the PDF.
Get your hands-on WPS PDF for Android!
9. Compress PDF – PDF Compressor
Available for both Android and iPhone/iPad devices, Compress PDF is another excellent option to reduce PDF file size, without compromising the quality. The application supports an unlimited number of compressions, and you can easily perform the compression action from your device storage or through platforms like Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, etc.
The application is known for providing the fastest compression experience using your Android and iPhone devices. Unlike other PDF Compressor apps mentioned here, this tool performs Quality of your document is preserved, hence the app doesn’t consume the phone resources and helps in conserving the battery usage.
PRICE: Free, In-app purchases starting from $0.93
FEATURES: Compress PDF – PDF Compressor
- User-friendly interface.
- Fastest compression engine.
- Highly compatible with popular cloud storage platforms.
- Allows you to compress PDFs stored on your device, Gmail, Google Drive, etc.
- Once the compression is done, the output file is automatically downloaded.
Uses a fraction of seconds to compress PDFs.
The quality of your document is preserved.
Lightweight PDF Compressor app.
Suitable choice for novice users.
Lacks a lot of features that other competitors
Try using this amazing PDF Compressions utility for Android!
10. PDF Expert: Doc Editor, Reader
Last but not the least, PDF Expert concludes our list of Top 10 PDF Compressor Apps for Android and iPhone smartphone users. The application is widely known for boosting productivity on your device by helping you complete almost all PDF-related tasks. The application features all the essential tools needed for managing, reading, and editing PDFs on your Android, iPhone & iPad.
You can easily add PDF from your local device storage, email, the web, or probably any other app that supports the Open in option. It provides tons of tools to highlight and annotate PDFs. You can underline, strikethrough, add comments, notes, insert pre-designed stamps like Approved, Not Approved, Confidential and similar kinds.
PRICE: Free, In-app purchase starting from $6.99
FEATURES: PDF Expert: Doc Editor, Reader
- Scan any QR Code and convert it to PDF.
- Rotate pages in a PDF File.
- Ability to remove passwords from PDFs.
- Allows you to add images in existing PDFs.
- Tools merge, split, extract, convert & compress PDFs.
Supports a variety of languages.
Allows you to remove duplicate pages from PDF.
Supports inverting color to black & white.
Extract images from PDF and then convert them to JPG, PNG & more.
You might face issues in adding password-protection
Install this good PDF Compression application for iPhone!
So, these are the best PDF compressor applications for Android and iOS users that will fulfill the requirements of users. With these applications mentioned above, users can save more time, & cost and provide better results.
If we have missed out any of your favorite apps which makes your life easy while dealing with PDF document, then feel free to mention them in the comments section.