Table of Contents
If you are facing the issue of signing a PDF document that you received by email on an urgent basis. Like, don’t you feel it’s too old to print out the file and sign on the dotted line with the help of a pen and then scan the document and email it back…. Phew! It’s a long process. I have good news for you that the MacBook comes with the ability to electronically sign any document such as PDF documents by the use of Preview. Preview is a pre-installed program on every Mac OS X lion or later device. The steps to sign a PDF on Mac using Preview are easy, simple, and time-saving. Through this blog, I am going to tell you how to sign a PDF on Mac using Preview.
You can easily create a signature with the use of the trackpad or you can also hold up your sign on a paper toward an iSight camera which is also an in-built feature of Mac devices.
Also Read: How To Password Protect PDF In Mac OS X
How to Electronically Sign a PDF via Trackpad
Follow the below-mentioned steps to sign a PDF on Mac using trackpad:
- Select and open the PDF document you need to sign.
- Click on the Markup icon (a pen-like icon) and then the signature icon (a small signature like icon).
- After this, click on Create Signature and then on “Click Here to Begin”. Once the window opens, draw, or make your signature on the trackpad. Click any of the keys when you are done with drawing or making the signature. Click on Done.
- The final step is to click on the created signature to insert in the PDF file. Additionally, the sign can be resized or moved anywhere similar to a regular image.
Also Read: PDF Bible – A Complete Guide For PDF Files
How to Sign a PDF on Mac using Camera
Follow the below-mentioned steps to sign a PDF on Mac using Camera:
- Select and open the PDF document you need to sign on.
- Now, click on the markup icon (a pen-like icon) and then the sign icon (a small sign like icon).
- After this, click on Create Sign—Camera. Draw your sign on a paper and hold the paper in the front of the camera. Preview will create a virtual sign. Click on Done.
- After completing, click on the created sign to insert in the PDF file. Additionally, the sign can be resized or moved anywhere similar to a regular image.
Tips on How to Sign a PDF on Mac
- To achieve the best results, look at Preview and go slowly with your finger (if you are using a trackpad).
- To have a more precise sign, use your iPad or iPhone stylus, specifically with the fine-tipped ending.
- Signing on paper and holding up is the best way to have your own electronic signature on Preview. But, I have observed that this way does not yield better results all the time. Sometimes, the sign looks inverted when you hold it up against Mac’s camera, however, Preview automatically ensures to read the details properly.
- You can easily create your sign in Preview by following the above-mentioned steps for any document. The steps are not only for PDF documents or files. As a default of Mac settings, all of the signs that you create with Preview are automatically saved in a list so that you can use the electronic signatures anytime you wish to use them. Additionally, preview saves multiple signatures that you create at once.
I hope you like this article. Comment down and let us know which method you are going to use to sign a PDF on Mac using Preview. Additionally, do not forget to follow Tweak Library on all social media platforms.
Thanks for reading.