In today’s digital landscape, all enterprises use network connections for seamless communication across different departments. However, with constant cyber evolution, the risk of online vulnerabilities while utilizing a network connection is increasing. This potential risk makes it essential to identify some effective utilities to safeguard our network connections. Choosing the best network scanning tool can help us with this concern. Learn the abilities of the top ten best network scanning tools in 2023.
Why We Use Network Scanning Tools
Every network regularly accommodates multiple connected devices. . This signifies the imperative need for maintaining network’s security. A network scanning tool can help us with this tweak. Let us learn the prominent reasons for using network scanning tools.
- Can calculate risks and plan prevention process
- Can ensure the security of your network connections
- Ability to provide safe onboarding with a managed IT service provider
- Help maintain your network’s health
List of Top 10 Network Scanning Tools To Optimize Your Network Efficiency and Reliability
The importance of network security makes it essential for us to explore some effective options to safeguard it. The best network vulnerability scanner utilities given below can secure your connectivity.
The best scanner, the Auvik tool, can make all your network connections safe and secure. The device can provide a complete picture of your network on the go with ultimate efficiency. With Auvik utility on board, you can be relaxed about the safety of the devices connected to your network.
- Automatic alerts on threats
- Ability to diagnose issues quickly
- Unified dashboard for network tasks
- Superior mapping abilities
- Extreme capacity to create backups
- Can provide absolute time monitoring of safety
- Easy-to-use utility
- Centralized Syslog for all networks
- Mobile application not available
2. Advanced IP Scanner
Being the trustworthy network scanner, the Advanced IP scanner is used by a broad group of 60 million users. The utility can analyze all your LAN connections and monitor all the network devices connected. An advanced IP scanner can seamlessly monitor access to your shared folders.
- Can access to network shares
- Ability to detect MAC address
- Capable of exporting your scan results in CSV format
- Can power on/off the network computers remotely
- Completely free to use
- Simple portable edition for network vulnerability scanning
- Installation-free usage
- Compatible with almost all versions of Windows OS
- The free trial version has limited features
3. ManageEngine OpUtils
If you want to protect your network connections and devices, ManageEngine OpUtils can help you. The utility not only monitors your network, but it also provides useful insights about your connections. This ability will allow us to understand and resolve any threats beforehand without any severe complications.
- Have a collection of tools for network management
- Capable of troubleshooting LAN issues
- Can monitor the network performance
- Ability to provide info on IP address and MAC address
- Ability to track information about your network activity while watching your Cisco
- Can track your system resource usage
- Can provide network traffic insights
- It is a little bit hard to use the interface
The best network scanning utility, Intruder, can seamlessly check all your network connections and fix vulnerabilities with ease. The tool can track your connections and inform you about any possibilities of intrusion. Intruder can prioritize issues, letting you solve the most prominent problem first.
- Capable of scanning your infrastructure, web apps, and APIs
- Ability to identify emerging threats
- Can provide exact and useful audit reports
- Certified with SOC 2 Type 2
- Simple and easy-to-use scanning methods
- Round the clock faster support
- Seamless compliance with Data Integration
- Regular and efficient penetration testing
- Reports lack providing more details
5. Security Event Manager
Do you want to improve your network security with a superior Network scanning tool? Security Event Manager can help you out. The extensive feature sets of the device can safeguard all your network connections. The comprehensive reports provided by the utility also help you identify the probability of threat infections.
- Available with an integrated reporting tool for ensuring compliance
- Have a Security Event Manager for round-the-clock monitoring
- Ability to report incidents automatically
- Can provide forensic analysis reports
- Simple and intuitive user interface
- Can monitor the file integrity
- Ability to monitor Bot attacks and threats
- Compliance with Data Security Protection
- It is a little bit hard to configure options
6. Port Scanner
Using an effective network scanner can safeguard your connection from any vulnerabilities. Port Scanner is the best in class for monitoring all your network activities and making it safe. The extensive attributes of the tool can help you protect your IP address and connected devices with ease and comfort.
- You can manage your IP address and network
- Help you view the status of devices like hub switches and routers
- Can integrate with multiple cloud solutions
- Supports Windows and Linux operating systems
- You can track your Bandwidth and servers
- Can check spam blocklist
- Superior control over your network
- Capable of operating with less downtime
- Lacks in providing reliable customer support
7. Perimeter 81
Network security is paramount, and Perimeter 81 can protect it efficiently. The tool can provide you with safe remote access and network connections. The scalable utility can adapt to the requirements of your business. Moreover, Perimeter 81 will save your cloud network solutions as well with ease and comfort.
- Ability to create cloud network solutions
- Capable of interacting with security mechanisms to protect company data
- Can provide real-time insights on threats
- Compliance with SOC 2 Type 2, GPDR, CGPA, and many more
- Can safeguard your private access and Internet access
- No hardware and maintenance requirements
- Simple and easy to use
- Super-fast security activities
- Lacks of customer support
8. PRTG Paessler
With its advanced infrastructure management capabilities, Paessler can help you protect your network from any threats. The tool can handle failovers automatically and lets users monitor their network from anywhere. Additionally, Paessler can keep track of your network anytime.
- Available with more than 100 sensors
- Can provide full access to the configuration and data of your network
- Flexible backup, maintenance, and updating ability
- Suitable for businesses of all scales
- Supports multiple languages
- Super-fast installation
- Can resolve server performance problems
- Ability to provide data monitoring insights
- High sensor-based license cost
9. Skybox Security
If you want to enhance your network security with seamless integration, Skybox Security is one of the best network scanning software you should consider using in 2023. With the vast network of scanning tools and utilities, the utility can support businesses of large scales without any lag. The tool can maintain the compliance of the security zones and device configurations with the security protocols.
- Can provide complete visibility on hybrid attacks
- Ability to prevent high-risk threats
- Can send scheduled monitoring reports
- Capable of resolving any network-related issues
- Can collect logs from multiple devices
- Provides firewall assurance
- Supports Windows, Linux, and Linux
- Can manage your security policy
- Lacks of customer support
10. Beyond Trust
If you want a free-to-use Network Scanning utility that is efficient enough to scan and secure network connections, Beyond Trust is an ideal solution. The superior tool can scan and connect multiple applications and devices. Beyond Trust can ensure the network security of different operating systems.
- Capability for bandwidth monitoring
- Excellent ability for IP address management and patch management
- Can provide privileged remote access
- Can support Windows, Linux, and Unix operating systems
- Available with active directory batch
- Can protect endpoints
- Capable of controlling the network access
- Intelligent threat detection ability
- Localized user Interface
Summing Up | Scan Your Network Like a Pro with These 10 Amazing Tools
Ensuring network security is an essential task for all. An efficient network scanning tool can help you in this task. We hope that this blog post has helped you learn about the 10 best network scanning tools that you can use to monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot your network. However, if we had to choose one tool that stands out from the rest, we would recommend Auvik, as it is the most comprehensive and easy-to-use network scanning tool for MSPs and IT professionals. You can try Auvik for free for 14 days and see for yourself how it can transform your network management.
Choose the suitable one and enjoy seamless connectivity. And, do not forget to share your personal recommendation in the comments section below!