Table of Contents
Audio recording and editing could become a really complicated task if not done using the right tools. These best audio recording software come enabled with numerous useful features to make audio recording seamless for you. While there are lots of these tools available online, here we have tested and reviewed 7 best audio recorder tools for Windows. It includes free & paid versions that you should use in 2020.
Best Audio Recorder for Windows in 2020
The first powerful free audio recorder is Audacity. This professional tool ensures you get best results every time you record something on your machine. Working on smart algorithms, it delivers high quality results effortlessly. Audacity works on a simple and intuitive interface to deliver seamless results.
Features of Audacity
- It allows you to share recordings with others across platforms.
- It offers multi-track editing for effective results.
- It offers VST plugin support with access to hundreds & thousands of plugins from various manufacturers.
- It is a free & ad-free tool therefore you can expect work without any trouble.
- You can use this portable audio recording software for pitch correction.
- The record to tape feature could be a useful addition to the tool.
- Windows, Mac, Linux, and BSD
Also Read: Best Free Audio Editing Software
Ardour is an advanced audio recording software for Windows. It allows you to record, edit, and mix audio on Windows, macOS, and Linux. To use Ardour on your system, you can simply import audio or MIDI from system hard drive or you can use Freesound database. You can cutm move, copy, paster, stretch, trim, align, rename, quantize, and do lot more with this tool.
Features of Ardour
- It offers tons of audio editing features with unlimited undo/redo option.
- It supports hundreds of plugins and external control surfaces to fulfill all your audio editing needs.
- With true tape-style transport, you can try any combination of master record and individual track.
- It offers the most flexible mixer architecture to deliver impressive results.
- It offers unlimited multichannel tracks to offer smooth recording.
- Latency could be improved for better results.
- Windows, macOS, Linux
3. Free Sound Recorder
Try Free Sound Recorder to record any sound played by your computer. You can use this advanced voice recorder tool to record streaming audio broadcast, VoIP phone calls, Skype calls, conferences, music from YouTube, voice notes, music, or any other audio. You can use this tool to record sound, music and audio both on Windows and Mac systems.
Features of Free Sound Recorder
- It captures any external or internal sound for free.
- You can schedule for longtime and hands free
- It offers a digital audio editor for free for easy audio editing.
- It offers preset quality for efficient recordings.
- It offers a 3-step simple process to directly output your recording.
- It lacks multitrack audio recording and editing.
- Windows, Mac
4. Adobe Audition
Adobe Audition is one of the best audio recording software for Windows and other platforms. It allows you to create, mix, and design amazing sound effects with leading digital audio editing features. It offers waveform, multitrack and spectral display for easy editing, mixing, creating, and restoring audio content. You can use this powerful tool to accelerate video production workflows.
Features of Adobe Audition
- It offers full control with the route multichannel effects option.
- You can play or mite overlapping clips simultaneously using this tool.
- It allows you to set the export range to a video You can do this while exporting using AME.
- It offers tons of free sound effects to make your recordings amazing.
- It is one of the best audio & sound recording tools for podcast recording.
- If you are a budget user, you may find it expensive.
- Windows, Mac
Ocenaudio is an easy, fast and powerful audio editor for Windows 10, 8 & 7. This cross platform audio recording software allows you to record, edit and analyze audio files effortlessly. It is based on Ocen Framework, a comprehensive library of tools to help you develop audio manipulations and analyze apps across multiple platforms.
Features of Ocenaudio
- It displays a real-time preview of all effects to make recording & editing easy for you.
- It allows multi-selection for delicate editions.
- It offers a fully featured spectrogram to analyze spectral content of audio signals with maximum clarity.
- You can use this advanced audio recorder for Windows to efficiently edit even the large files.
- It supports VST plugins to give you access to numerous effects.
- This tool is suitable for basic recording & editing needs only.
6. Wavepad Audio Editing Software
Wavepad works as a smart audio & music editor, audio recorder and voice recorder tool. It offers various audio recording & editing features including multiple audio & music effects such as equalize, normalize, amplify, and more. It offers advanced tools such as FFT, TFF, and special analysis tools to deliver effective results.
Features of Wavepad Audio Editing Software
- It allows batch processing where you can edit many audio files at once to save time.
- It offers audio restoration with noise reductions and click pop removal.
- It supports all popular audio formats.
- Tool is built for advanced users with numerous useful recording & editing features.
- It offers tons of features to ensure you never lack on required recording or editing features.
- You may find hard time working on multiple files simultaneously on this tool.
- Windows, Mac, iOS, Android
Also Read: How To Fix Audio Problems On Windows 10 PC
Use this free audio editor to perform numerous additional tasks such as audio & voice recording, processing audios, edit audio files, record WAV & mp3 files, and more. It supports VST plugins, thus you can access lot of additional features on your system with this tool. It allows you to create music loops, analyze, record, and batch convert files.
Features of Wavosaur
- It offers various features such as multiple document interfaces, multiple editing & recording functions, multiple processing options and more for basic users.
- In its advanced features, it offers resample, bit-depth convert, auto detect region, batch processing, export files as text, and more.
- Additionally, it offers VST support and analysis features for effective results.
- It allows batch processing to save time.
- It is compatible for both basic and advanced users.
- The multichannel support and audio routing features are not efficient.
Using the best audio recording software for Windows could ease your audio recording and editing task. Here, we have shortlisted and reviewed 7 best audio recorders for Windows. Do try them and share your experience in the comments below.