Table of Contents
FaceTime is Apple’s one of the most popularly used features and it lets people with iPhones, iPads, and Mac to easily make video calls and communicate with ease. Wondering if you can make FaceTime calls from Android? Then, the answer is a big NO. You cannot use FaceTime in any manner on your Android devices. However, there are several great alternatives to FaceTime you can consider for video calling.
Since the COVID-19 has forced shut workplaces and other organizations, the majority of people are working remotely. During such a phase, you must have a strong communication tool to keep yourself updated while being at home. You can manage your work from home and stay quarantined to stop the spread of coronavirus.
To communicate with your friends or colleagues during this tough time, an efficient FaceTime alternative is a must-have. While you can download and install your choice of video calling and communication app from Google Play Store, remember if you find apps with FaceTime in their name, you should know they are not the official Apple apps and do not support Apple FaceTime.
Is FaceTime Available For Android?
No, there is no FaceTime for Android and there are no plans of it to be launched for Android anytime soon. It is just usable around Apple’s ecosystem and if you’re thinking of calling someone on his iPhone using FaceTime app for Android? You’re out of luck my friend! You can always look for FaceTime apps for android or video calling apps like Google Duo on the go.
To avoid hitting on any random app, here are some solid choices for Android to make video calls on any device, say iPhones or Android phones.
Best Alternative to FaceTime for Android:
There is no way we can ever miss out this amazing alternate FaceTime app for android. Yes, we are talking about Skype. This app keeps the world talking. You can send messages to mobile worldwide with SMS connect. Also, you can now read and reply to your phone’s SMS messages right from your computer. This is one of the most convenient HD video calling and communication apps that you can use for free anytime and anywhere.
Read Here: Skype Alternatives 2020
- Be it your phone or a desktop, you can connect with your friends and colleagues using this amazing application.
- An efficient app that connects a group of around 25 people at a time.
- Send pictures and videos with your connections using this app.
2. Google Duo
Google Duo by Google itself is the highest quality video calling app and one of the best alternate FaceTime app for android. This video calling and communication app is simple, reliable and works on smartphones both Android and iPhones, tablets, Google Nest and on the web. Google Duo lets you send a short and quick video message if in case the other person is not able to pick your call.
- Up to 8 people can communicate on a video call at a time.
- Whichever device you use, you can stay in touch with Duo with no hassle.
- Beyond video calling, it lets you voice call or chats with your friends when required.
Hangouts is yet another communication application by Google that is also among the best alternate FaceTime app for android. While you are out of your country or you are working from home use hangouts to keep in touch with your friends, family or colleagues. you can choose from messaging your contacts to free video or voice calls or even you can choose to conversation within a group.
- Say anything with status messages, photos, videos, maps, emoji, stickers, and animated GIFs.
- Message your contact anytime from anywhere, even if they are offline. It also offers a screen sharing feature.
- Available on both Android and iOS devices, so you can anytime access Google Hangout via the web browser.
No matter where ever you are you can anytime communicate with your loved ones through all in one communication app. With this amazing alternative to FaceTime for android, you can easily sync your messages and contacts to your phone and connect with anyone and anywhere. you can communicate via voice call or video call individually or in groups. You can connect with multiple people at a time and it keeps proper care of your privacy.
- Add cool filters in between the call while talking to your squad.
- Eliminates the need for sharing contact numbers.
- A cross-platform application that works without any hassle.
In the list of best alternative FaceTime apps for Android, Viber is yet another one. Viber is the free simple fast and most secure messaging and calling app. You can connect with your friends from anywhere in the world using this high-quality crystal clear video calling app. You just need a data plan or a Wi-Fi connection and you are good to go.
- A fully synced application for desktop and smartphones.
- Instant video calls and live chat is a great opportunity to stay connected.
- with Viber Out, you can make low-cost calls to landline numbers.
6. WhatsApp Messenger
What else can be better than to connect with your loved ones via your favorite chat app? Yes, we are talking about WhatsApp as a best alternate to FaceTime for android. This is one of the most used applications in a person’s day to day life. You can connect for free with anyone in your contact list through its video and voice call feature. Like all the other FaceTime app alternatives, you can make group calls on WhatsApp too.
- It eliminates the need for downloading a dedicated video calling app.
- Send or receive photos, videos, documents, and voice messages.
- With WhatsApp web, you can send and receive messages right from your computer browser.
Must Read: Skype vs WhatsApp!
If you are looking for a FaceTime app alternative that is free, simple, and fast, then Imo is one of the great options to look for. We have included this app in the list because it lets you connect with your friends and family easily even if the signal is under the bad network area. Like other apps, with Imo as well, you can share voice messages, photos, videos or documents.
- Make international calls or send messages with no extra charges.
- Share large videos and documents of all types.
- Compatible with devices including Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS.
Still, Confused Which FaceTime App Alternative To Choose?
Well, if you are still thinking about which app to use as an alternative to FaceTime app, then we highly recommend using either Skype or Google Duo. Both these applications are a tough competition to FaceTime and offer high-quality video calling experience. Which FaceTime alternative for Android do you use? Let us know in the comments section below. Also, tell us if we have missed out on an amazing app like FaceTime other than these.