What Zoom Has To Offer?
- You can use Zoom to join in or host video meetings from your computer or mobile device.
- Zoom is a popular video conferencing service used by individuals, business organisations, and universities etc. for remote communication.
- The service is quite similar to Google Hangout, and Skype. These are it’s top competitors as well.
- With Zoom you can also schedule your meetings for any future event. It allows 100 people at a time to join a meeting.
Quarantine is on all over the world and this time all video conferencing software companies are rising with their maximized usage. Zoom is among the most used video calling applications during this time of Social Distancing. It is one of the best video conferencing apps available for free use.
With the best video conferencing app, you can do a lot more than just enabling a virtual face-to-face meeting. For instance, you can show what’s on your screen to everyone on call, pass control of the meeting to another participant or you can record the call as video.
Well, in these tough times, Zoom-like video calling/conferencing software are prominently used to conduct meetings and web conferences. This article covers how to use Zoom along with some important tips and tricks that shows how the application can be used in a better way to learn and communicate remotely.
How To Use Zoom Video Conferencing App?
1: How To Use Zoom From Your Browser
The very first thing is to register for the service by signing up using any device i.e. a laptop or smartphone. For web service users,
- Open Zoom website and Sign Up by creating an account or you can sign in with Google or Facebook.
- This will let you download the Zoom desktop app and move on to the further process.
- If you have initiated the account with an email, you’ll receive an activation email. Open your Mailbox and click ‘Activate Account’.
- Now fill in your first and last name and create a strong password that you’ll use to login later.
- On the next page, you can invite people to create Zoom accounts via Email. Well, that’s your choice and you can anytime skip this as well.
- Now, you’ll get a link for a personal meeting URL, and to proceed further, you have to click an orange button that says, ‘Start Meeting Now’ to start a meeting. You’ll be asked to download a desktop app. Follow the further instructions to install the app.
- Once the installation is done, you can either directly Join a meeting by entering the meeting ID shared by the host or you can start hosting your meeting by clicking the ‘New Meeting’ button. That’s it you are all set to Join or Host meetings on Zoom.
2. How To Use Zoom Mobile App
Zoom video calling app is available to use for free on both Android and iOS platforms. Thevideo steps to register and login are the same as using Zoom in a web browser. Follow the steps below to set up and learn how to use Zoom video conferencing app on smartphones.
- Download the Zoom app on iOS or Android.
- Install the app and you’ll see options like: ‘Join a Meeting’ or ‘Start a Meeting’.
- Opt any of these options and it will ask you to Sign Up first. You will be required to either Sign up with Google or Facebook.
- Once signed up, you’ll be asked to enter your first and last name, email address and a checkbox to agree to Zoom’s terms of service. You will get an activation email after signing up.
- In your mailbox, you’ll receive an email with the ‘Activate Account’ link. From there activate your account.
- Now, you just have to follow the steps as mentioned above (‘How to use Zoom in the web browser’ section).
- Once you get your personal Zoom meeting URL, click on Start Meeting Now; to start the test meeting.
- You can also Join the Meeting by entering the meeting ID.
That’s it, using Zoom is as simple as setting up an WhatsApp account. You just have to sign up, get an ID and it’s done. Start your meetings as a host or join any meeting across the world as a participant.
Read Further: Prank Apps to Fool Your Friends!
With Zoom video conferencing app, the distance is no bar and you can set up Zoom cloud meetings with your colleagues, family and friends working remotely or staying at a distance from you. It offers superb video quality and quick access to meetings you have joined in the past. The only con of using the Zoom web conferencing app is that it is prone to leaking user data as per the recent reports. So, ensure you only share data that is genuine and losing which there will be no threat to your personal and organizational stake.
While working remotely, which app do you use other than Zoom video conferencing app? I used to use Google Hangouts and Skype for my official meetings earlier, but now I feel like switching to Zoom for its better functionalities. Let us know in the comments section below.
Till then, keep following Tweak Library for the latest content.