Table of Contents
Table of ContentsHow To Make A Group FaceTime Call Using FaceTime?How To Make A Group FaceTime Call Using iMessagesHow Can You Join Group FaceTime?
You can make group FaceTime calls be it a video or audio call with adding up to 31 other people at once.
We all are aware of what FaceTime is used for and since the time we know this iOS app, it is available for video calling. Years back, Apple came up with Group FaceTime calling wherein you can make both audio and video calls with a total of 32 members. However, there are many other video calling apps you can use to make group video calls but FaceTime is one of the best apps to connect iOS users altogether.
You can keep in touch with a group of people using video calls not only through FaceTime app but also from a group iMessage thread too. This article covers how to group FaceTime on iPhone, iPad and Mac too.
How To Do Group FaceTime?
- How To Make Group FaceTime Call Using FaceTime
- How To Make FaceTime Group Call Using iMessages
- How To Join A Group FaceTime Call On iPhone
How To Make A Group FaceTime Call Using FaceTime?
Using FaceTime to make calls is the most obvious way but there are a few changes you need to consider while placing c.
1. Open FaceTime on any iOS device (iPhone, iPad or Mac).
2. Tap the ‘+’ icon in the upper-right corner.
3. Enter the name or number of the person you want to call. You can add as many as 31 other people in your FaceTime call.
4. Now tap Audio or Video to start the call.
Must Read: Best FaceTime App Alternatives For Android
How To Make A Group FaceTime Call Using iMessages
You can connect with your loved ones also using iMessages as FaceTime is in integration with Messages and can be used to place group FaceTime calls. Follow the steps below:
- On your iOS device i.e. iPhone, iPad, or Mac, open Messages.
- Tap on group conversation or start a new one.
- Now, tap the avatars of the conversation located in the top-center of the screen.
- Then, tap FaceTime.
How Can You Join Group FaceTime?
What if the call has already been started? In that case, you can freely join the conversation in between from the group iMessage thread. Wondering how to join the group FaceTime call? Here are the steps to follow:
- Open Messages on your iPhone and iPad.
- Tap on a group conversation with an open FaceTime call.
- Now, you’ll see a join button in the FaceTime message bubble.
- Tap Join, and this is how you can join the group FaceTime call.
Also Read: How to use iMessages on Windows
TIP: To use group FaceTime video calls, you require an iPhone 6s or later, iPad Pro or later, iPad Air 2, or iPad Mini 4 with iOS 12.1. Earlier models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch that support iOS 12.1 can join group FaceTime calls as audio participants.
Group FaceTime calling is a handy feature that lets you connect with multiple users via both video and audio chat. Remember, while using FaceTime, only the Apple device users can take the advantage and enjoy FaceTime group call functionality. Above are mentioned some of the ways to connect with your loved ones having iOS devices using group FaceTime directly through FaceTime app or FaceTime integrated in iMessages.
Have you ever tried group FaceTime calling? If not, give it a try now and share your experience with us in the comments section below.
Till then, keep reading Tweak Library!