If you are experiencing issues with the display or the screen is a bit blurry. It’s time to update video card driver on Windows 10.
Video card driver or graphics driver are responsible for displaying every pixel correctly on your system. But when the video card driver is outdated or missing both gaming and PC performance are affected. That’s why keeping video card updated is asked for.
In addition to this, an updated video driver increases FPS while playing games, and gives a lag-free gaming experience thereby, improving PC’s performance. To ensure users never experience issues due to outdated video card, from time-to-time graphic card manufacturer’s keeps releasing driver updates. These updates can be downloaded in different ways.
In this post, we will highlight the three best ways of how to update video card driver on Windows 10.
Also Read: How To Update Keyboard Driver For Windows 10
3 Best Ways to Update Video Card Driver – Windows 10
Note: We do not suggest updating drivers manually, as an incorrect driver installation can create issues.
List of Contents
1. Updating video card driver via Windows Update
We all know Windows update fixes bugs and installs security patches. But it also updates drivers, including video card driver. This means if you are facing issues due to an outdated or missing driver you can check for available Windows update to get the latest driver update.
So use these steps for how to update video card driver on Windows 10 using Windows Update,
1. Press Windows + I to open Settings.
2. Select Update & Security > Windows Update.
3. Click the Check for updates button and wait for Windows to look for updates.
4. If any update is available, it will be installed automatically.
5. Next, restart the PC, your video card driver should now be updated. However, if this does not help move to the next step.
Note: Sometimes manufacturers fail or delay registering their driver updates with Windows Update Channels. In such a scenario, even after updating Windows, you might not get the latest driver. Hence, using a driver updating utility like Advanced Driver Updater is suggested.
Also Read: How to Update Windows Drivers Automatically?
2. Updating Graphics Card Automatically Using Advanced Driver Updater
This is the hassle-free way to update video card driver for Windows 10.
Advanced Driver Updater is software designed to update outdated and corrupt drivers. To use this software & update the video card driver follow the steps below:
Note: Advanced Driver Updater offers both free and Pro versions. Using the free version, you’ll have to update each driver individually. While the registered version allows updating all outdated drivers in a go.
Steps to use Advanced Driver Updater:
1. Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
Download Advanced Driver Updater
Read Full Review of Advanced Driver Updater
2. Click Start Scan Now & wait for the process to finish.
3. Afterward, you will see a list of outdated drivers. If using the trial version, click Update driver next to video card driver. (However, if you are using the registered version, you can simply click Update All to update all problematic drivers.
4. After performing these steps restart the system.
Now try to play games, run a video you should not face any problem.
Also Read: How to Disable Automatic Driver Updates Windows 10
3. Updating drives by visiting manufacturers’ website
Compatible video card driver for Windows can be downloaded from the manufacturer’s website. But, for that you need to have information like – model number of graphics card, PC model name, and details about the Operating System (Windows 10 32-bit/Windows 10 64-bit).
Only after having all these details, you can download the right video card driver from the manufacturer’s website.
If you don’t know the PC model name or the specific version of Windows 10, you can find it out by checking the System Information. Follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key + I > System > About
2. Under Device Specification you will get all the details of your system.
Although there are many ways by which the video card driver for Windows 10 can be updated but it is always recommended to use a driver updater utility like Advanced Driver Updater. This provides better system performance, and the updates are reliable. Such authentic driver updaters secure your system and boost the performance by providing Full resolution and color depths and Smooth game performance in the system by providing genuine updates.
Also, there is no need to regularly checking the updates of the Video Card Drivers as Advanced Driver Updater will scan the PC for outdated drivers thus, saving time and effort.
Leave a Reply