Table of Contents
Corrupted or outdated device drivers are the ones that restrict your productivity and are required to be reinstalled or updated timely. Today, in this article we will be discussing the corrupted keyboard drivers and the ways to update them on Windows 10. Even a single outdated driver can hamper the performance of your system and therefore it is an immediate requirement to make your keyboard operable and for this you can either use Windows 10 built in utility- Device Manager or using a smart and advanced driver updater tool like Smart Driver Care.
Note: Driver updates for Windows 10, including that of network adaptors, monitors, printers, display, and video cards etc. are automatically installed with Windows update. There are instances when you think that the drivers are outdated but your system already has the most recent drivers. If you still feel the need to update or reinstall drivers manually, you can do it using the Device Manager.
Also Read: Smart Driver Care: Best driver updater tool
Top Ways To Update Keyboard Drivers Windows 10
List of Contents
1. Manually Update Keyboard Drivers On Windows 10
If you manually wish to update or reinstall keyboard drivers on Windows 10, you have to follow a step by step process wherein you have to start with opening the Run window. Follow these steps for how to update keyboard driver easily.
- Open Run Window by pressing Win+R key together.
- Type in msc to open Device Manager or directly search for Device Manager from the search box located below.
- Now locate Keyboards and expand the menu.
- Right click on the keyboard menu that opens and choose to Uninstall Device.
- On the next screen, you’ll see a warning message. Click on OK to confirm.
- Once the uninstallation finishes, restart your PC so that Keyboard drivers are automatically installed.
- To update driver, choose Update Driver.
- Then, on the next screen choose to Search automatically for updated driver software.
- That’s all! Wait for the process to finish and your driver’s will be back to working condition.
2. Smart Driver Care: A Robust Driver Updater For Windows
If you wish to auto-update all your outdated and corrupted drivers at once, Smart Driver Care is the right choice to make. For Windows users, this tool comes with multiple beneficial utilities and makes it easier to update all corrupted and outdated drivers in a go.
Let’s proceed further to know how to use this wonderful tool.
- Firstly, download and install Smart Driver Care on your Windows 10 PC using the download link below.
- Next, it is advised to first Backup your old drivers before you scan or update for the newer ones. It is recommended because you can rollback the drivers if things don’t go as planned.
- Now, head to the Scan tab and click on Scan Now.
- Wait for the scan to complete. You’ll then find the list of drivers that needs to be updated. You can either choose to Update All at once or select one by one and click Update Driver.
That’s all! Your PC is now updated with the latest drivers. Now, check again if your keyboard is working fine. Using Smart Driver Care ensures that your PC is not left with any outdated or corrupted drivers, creating issues and hassles.
Other way round, you can try reinstalling your keyboard drivers.
3. Reinstall Keyboard Drivers
To reinstall keyboard drivers on Windows 10, you first have to uninstall them. Reinstall is required when the drivers are improperly installed. Here’s how to do this:
- On your PC, head to Device Manager, either using the search box or through the Run window.
Note: You can also press Windows and R to launch Run Box and type devmgmt.msc in the run dialog box and press Enter.
- On the Device Manager window, head to the Keyboards option and expand using the menu.
- Right click on the available keyboard option and choose Uninstall Device.
- You’ll get to see a confirmation screen. Click on OK to confirm.
- You have uninstalled the keyboard driver. Now restart your computer to automatically reinstall the keyboard drivers.
Easy, isn’t it?
We have listed here the best three methods of how to update keyboard drivers and get them back in their working condition again. Try them out and let us know which one you found the best. Our personal favorite is Smart Driver Care, tell us yours in the comments below. For more queries or suggestions, reach out to us through our social media channels.