With the current time when being connected to Social Media is like an addiction, losing an important message from Facebook is definitely frustrating. While it is necessary that we know how to recover permanently deleted messages on Facebook, most of us are unaware of how to do it.
So in this article we have listed down the best and easiest steps to recover permanently deleted messages on Facebook Messenger.
Ways To Recover Permanently Deleted Facebook Chats On FB Messenger
Below mentioned are 5 different ways using which you can restore permanently deleted Facebook Messages:
1. Search And Restore Facebook Deleted Chats Via Archive:
Many times we think that we have deleted the Facebook Messages, however, it might be the case that we have archived them and not deleted them. Let’s see how we can restore them.
How To Restore Facebook Chats From Archive Folders On Smartphone?
- Navigate to the Facebook Messenger app on your phone and log in.
- Navigate to the Search Bar and then search for the conversation.
- Once you are able to locate it, just send a message to the receiver in order to un-archive the entire chat.
How To Restore Facebook Chats From Archive Folders On Desktop?
How To Restore Facebook Messenger Chats From Archive Folders On Desktop?
- On your Desktop navigate to Facebook Messenger > Messages > Gear icon.
- Here click on Archived Threads and view all the threads listed there.
Do note that the archived messages are present only for 90 days, so make sure you retrieve them before 90 days.
Also Read: How To Restore WhatsApp Chat On Android
2. How To Recover Permanently Deleted Messages on Facebook on PC:
Now that we know how to restore Facebook Messenger messages on Android, let’s see how to recover Facebook Messenger Messages on PC.
To our relief Facebook already has a simple way to restore deleted Facebook messages from the Settings.
To do so,
- Navigate to your Facebook Account and login in.
- Click on Settings.
- From the Settings Window, click on General Account Settings and then navigate to Your Facebook Information present on the Left Panel.
- Now click on Download your Information button.
- Post this you can easily download all the information since you joined Facebook.
- Simply check the data you wish to download, after this you will be asked to create a file by clicking on the Create File option.
- After this you will receive a popup message and once the download is over, you will be notified via Facebook.
- Finally click on the Download button to recover permanently deleted messages on Facebook on PC. Enter your Facebook Password to continue the download.
- You will then receive a download link on your email from where you can click on Download Archive.
- Finally, you need to Unzip the folder and locate the file named Index that contains all the deleted Facebook Messages.
Read Further: How To Use Facebook Messenger without Facebook Account
3. Restore Deleted Facebook Messages On Android Using File Explorer:
If you think Facebook only works online, you are mistaken. Facebook also saves a copy of all your data on an offline basis on your storage space of your Android device. To recover deleted Facebook Messages on Android follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the File Explorer of your Android device and then step ahead to Storage or SD card.
- Locate the Android folder and open it. The Android folder stored all the data related to all the applications.
- Here search for the Data folder and then click on Cache folder and finally fb_temp.
- The fb_temp folder contains all the backup files from where you can easily restore Facebook Messenger deleted messages.
4. Restore Deleted Facebook Messages On Android Device With The Help Of A PC:
Method three mentioned how to recover Facebook Messenger messages on Android. In case you are still unable to restore Facebook’s deleted messages, step 4 might help.
This step shows how to recover permanently deleted messages on Facebook by attaching your smartphone to your PC.
- Attach your smartphone using the USB cable and locate your smartphone on your PC.
- Once you are able to locate your smartphone. Navigate to Internal Storage or SD card.
- Post this click on Android > Data.
- Here look for the folder named “com.facebook.orca”.
- Once you are in the folder, navigate to Cache > fb_temp.
- Here you can search for the deleted Facebook Messages and recover them.
That was all, Facebook being such an important part of our lives, it is important that we know how to recover permanently deleted messages on Facebook messenger.
Hope these methods were effective enough to help you find and recover deleted Facebook messages on Messenger. Stay Tuned for more ‘How-To’ fixes, tips and tricks on the latest tech!