Table of Contents
Taking pictures of the most precious moments we’ve shared with our beloved using smartphones can be fun. We love preserving, documenting, and sharing memories. With smartphones, you never miss any of those precious memories.
However, it is not necessary that the outcome is desirable every time you click a picture. Sometimes your photos can have unwanted objects that we’d like to take out.- Blur effects are a great way to showcase background elements in smartphone images without disrupting the photo’s essence. As you know, living in a digital age, there are many options to consider when selecting a blur background app.
Top 10 Blur Photo Background Apps
Blur techniques can be used to strengthen the subject in the photo, make it stand out more, or add some interesting effects like distortion or a focal point. This skill can be helpful in so many situations, but how do you blur the photo background of a picture on an iOS or Android device? While most current smartphones have a basic photo editing app, there are sophisticated camera apps on the market that allow users to apply a variety of fantastic blurring effects.
But with tons of apps available in the market to do the job, how do you know which is the best app to blur the background?
We’ve sorted through the field of applications by testing each on their ability to blur various images. These are the ten best applications that we consider the best for day-to-day use.
Take a look at this list of apps to blur a photo background, and choose the most applicable one for your needs.
List of Contents
Cymera is an easy-to-use blur background app photo that allows users to blur their images.
Snap and blur! Photo modification has never been so easy – that’s the motto at Cymera. With its feature-rich blurring tool, blurring the background of images is now easier than ever.
It also provides multiple blur filters, effects, and brightness and contrast adjustments. You can use it to change color, add shadows and highlights, or show individual colors!
- Variety of Camera Lenses and Silent Mode
- Super Easy and Fast Editing Tools
- Crop tool for YouTube Thumbnail, Instagram, and Facebook cover.
- DSLR Blur Effect.
- Glitches with smartphone models.
- Battery drains fast while using the app.
Snapseed is another popular blur image background tool that helps you get rid of unwanted distractions in your photos. It is a top-rated free and professional editing app for smartphone users developed by Google.
A great selection of tools and filters is available within the app. The app offers a wide range of brush tools, filters, and effects – including the ability to make selfies relatable with its impressive portrait tool!
- Strong Bokeh effect.
- 29 tools and features at your disposal.
- RAW file editing feature.
- Occasional crashing issue on iOS,
- Expanding feature not working properly.
3. Picsart Photo and Video Editor
Picsart is your all-in-one, full-service image editor & collage maker with all the tools you’ll need to tailor your content to the tiniest detail.
Design and decorate your collages and stickers, and quickly remove and swap backgrounds. Make collages like professional photographers. This excellent all-in-one photo editor offers more than just one type of blur effect to choose from, and the user can opt between Smart, Motion, and Normal blur.
- Powerful Photo Editor.
- Draw using customizable brushes, layers, & pro drawing tools.
- Make photo collages with Collage Maker.
- User facing bugs after recent update.
- Occasional freeze issues.
Take photos like a pro with AfterFocus. Swipe through a variety of filter effects, capture something out of the ordinary by choosing your own focus zone and easily adjust camera settings to get the best shot.
Just mark the areas you want; AfterFocus automatically recognizes the focus area precisely, even for an object with complex shapes. The background blur effect of AfterFocus gives a photo a realistic look between the edge of the background and the focus area.
- DSLR-like background blur effect.
- Smart focus area selection.
- You can share through e-mails and SNS easily and simply.
- No full-screen interface.
- Cluttered UI.
5. Motionleap by Lightricks
Motionleap is the easiest way to bring movement to your photos and videos. Animating parts of your footage, a person or an object, or bringing to life one element. Motionleap is a great way to add movement to your photos and videos. You can animate people and objects.You can use Motionleap to turn your photos and videos into animated films.
It offers everything you need to edit a picture on the go. Includes an array of stylish effects, filters, and tools to help you create a stunning image using unique 3D live image filters and effects.
- With Intuitive UI, anyone can animate & create professional results.
- Add a cinemagraph effect with a moving element in a still photo.
- Picture effect editor for making all necessary 3D photo adjustments.
- No option to resize the overlays.
- Some bugs in the desktop version.
Lensa provides you with a comprehensive range of the latest and most popular photo editing effects on the market. Get that nearly-professional look without spending hours applying filters, choosing your perfect background and adjusting to get it just right. It’s easy to use, and is already downloaded by thousands who love it so far!
It can remove blurriness from backdrops and does whatever it takes to make your photos perfect every day of the year. Lensa allows you to preserve each memorable moment with its simple features that include back-eye removing and the ability to make each photo perfect.
- Block out unwanted details with a fade effect feature.
- Color intensity to jazz up photos that have bad lighting.
- Use the portrait mode as a photo enhancer to fade unwanted background effects.
- It takes quite a long to load.
- Allows only 5 photos per week to edit without subscription.
7. Lightleap by Lightricks
If a picture is worth a thousand words, then Lightleap is the book that tells a million stories. With this stunning raw photo editor, you don’t just capture photos, you capture life – and make every moment worth sharing with friends.
If your images don’t look like professional photographs, it’s about time you took matters into your own hands. “Lightleap” is a photo-editing app that also serves as an interface for advanced photography-related settings. With this app, you can enhance and edit your photos to the finest detail with very little effort on your part – making sure that Lightleap pictures are picture-perfect every time!
- Add tons of special effects to retouch dull areas and bring your background to life.
- Achieve the affects you desire in moments: add gradients, retouch, sharpen, blur, and more!
- Remove unwanted people if they are in the background of your image or fix any unwanted smudges on it. Then retouch it and edit it as much as you want using the heal function.
- Issue with Healing tool.
- Can’t save your progress without paying.
- Limited features in the free version.
8. Facetune 2 Editor by Lightricks
Selfie Photo Editor is an app that allows you to focus on a specific section for greater detail. It doesn’t matter if you take photos with this application or upload existing images as long as the picture is compatible with Selfie Photo Editor.
All of the functionality within this app is simple and user-friendly so that anyone can use it with ease. Enhance your entire photo using one-tap editing or express your unique vision with precision using manual editing to get the look and feel you want.
- Edit your photos. Choose from lots of different filters. Touch up your photos with different editing tools.
- Choose the skin smoothening filter that’s right for each photo by looking at things like skin texture and how shiny or smooth to make it look natural.
- Thin or thicken eyebrows, lips, or hair with Reshape.
- Only a 3-day free trial version.
- Lots of Bugs after a recent update.
9. Real Bokeh
Add and draw beautiful bokeh effects and light effects to your photos with Real Bokeh. You can also apply beautiful light effects and filters to your images.
- Draw multiple bokeh with finger touch.
- Change bokeh size (large, medium and small).
- Share to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other apps.
- Crashes a lot.
- No full-screen interface.
10. Blur Photo Editor
Blur Photo Editor is both a useful and free photo-editing app. This program allows users to blur images and adjust the blur brush path within the magnifying glass. It helps identify areas in photos to concentrate on. Blur Photo Editor comes with other features as well.
- This app offers tons of photo effects that one can use to blur images.
- The image editing features of this photo blurring app are diversified, cutting-edge, and robust.
- There are several blurring options in the app to explore.
- All this comes on a subscription basis.
Download Blur Photo Editor: iOS
To Wrap it up
Blurring the background can have a powerful effect on an image, making some of them look much better.
In this article, we have covered the 10 Best Blur Photo Background apps for Android & iOS 2022. We hope you enjoyed reading this article and we are always happy to hear from you! If you have any questions, or suggestions, feel free to contact us.