Older times required a video camera for shooting, however, with the technological advancement those big cameras have started getting replaced by the smartphone cameras to a great extent. It is true that professional cameras with lenses are the best for professional shooting but owing to the portability and advancement smartphone cameras are not behind and are equally efficient.
Everyone prefers to use their smartphones to shoot videos since it saves them a large amount of money. However, if you think having a good smartphone is enough, you are mistaken. Many times we find our videos to be blurry or of compromised quality and if they are for professional purposes you cannot compromise on the quality. For this, the best solution is to have one of the best smartphone gimbal 2022 and shoot like a professional.
Many of us are already aware of the gimbal stabilizers used for digital video cameras, but not a lot know about the smartphone gimbal stabilizers. Here is this we are exactly aiming at the same, to let you know about the best gimbal for phones in 2022.
The major benefit of having the best handset gimbals is that the video you shoot will be free from any distortions. This is because when you use the best handset stabilizer, the phone will be more steady as compared when you hold it in your hands. Phone Gimbal uses a brushless motor that can hold your smartphone in a more steady manner. Other than this Gimbals also have many features that can enhance the Bluetooth capabilities, utility software, etc.
In this article, we will cover the best gimbal for a phone in 2022 with DJI OSMO Mobile 3 being our first choice. However, before discussing the best handset stabilizers let us see the main points to consider while making your decision.
- Battery Life: Smartphone gimbals operate on two types of batteries namely, alkaline batteries and lithium-ion batteries. Alkaline batteries are regular batteries and need to be replaced at regular intervals. The other can be recharged but have short battery life.
- Gimbal Weight: Weight is one of the important factors while deciding the best gimbal for a phone in 2022. Most gimbals weigh less than 3 pounds. However, the lesser the weight the better it is to use. However, it is not the only deciding factor.
- Axis Stabilization: Axis stabilization decides how stable and steady your gimbal is. There are two kinds of axis stabilizers namely 2-axis and 3-axis. If you use a two-axis stabilizer, you can Roll and Tilt, however, with a three-axis stabilizer, you can also Pan. In general, three-axis stabilizers are considered better.
- Software: The gimbal software not only makes the gimbal work but also enhances the camera capabilities of your smartphone. Make sure the gimbal software is supported by your smartphone before purchasing the best Smartphone Gimbal Stabilizers in 2022.
- Compatiblity: Make sure the phone gimbal is compatible with the smartphone and camera of your phone. Gimbals are phone specific and sometimes also model-specific so be sure that it is compatible with your smartphone.
Also Read: Best Android Cleaner Apps
Best Gimbals For Phones In 2022:
Now that you know the point to consider before purchasing the best gimbal for a phone in 2022, let’s have a look at the top 5 smartphone gimbal stabilizers in 2022.
1. DJI OSMO Mobile 3:
This is our first pick in the category of the best smartphone gimbals. DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is a handheld smartphone gimbal that tops our list. It comes with a three-axis stabilizer that is sturdy and stable and thus produces highly smooth videos.
It captures the moments in real-time to give you an ultra-smooth and refined video and hence eliminates all kinds of noise and helps you focus only on the video.
- Design: DJI Osmo Mobile 3 weighs a mere 405 grams and comes in a foldable sleek design. This makes the smartphone gimbal light and portable to be carried anywhere. The standby mode also allows you to use the gimbal when folded and hence you can make the maximum out of it.
- Grip: It comes with a grip of a 15% angle that is apt for long hours of usage and fits perfectly in your palms.
- Templates: DJI Osmo Mobile Gimbal has multiple templates that easily enhance the footage or video by adding music, movements, and other polished effects.
- Easy Share & Edit: it offers multiple templates, filters, and can be shared on video and social media platforms.
- Functions: DJI Osmo Mobile 3 gimbal comes with multiple functions like Gesture control, Slow Motion, panoramas, Story Mode, etc.
- Compatibility: it is compatible with iOS 10.0 Android version 7.0 and above.
- Compatible Smartphones: Smartphone with a weight of 7 +/-1 ounce, having a thickness of ≤.37 inches and width of ≤2.44 to 3.46 inches.
- Compatible Smartphones: it is compatible with 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6s Plus, 6s, 6 Plus, 6, SE, Samsung Galaxy S10+, S10, S9+, S9 , S9+, S9, S8+, S7, S7 Edge, S6, S6 Edge, Note 8, Huawei P30 Pro, P30, P20, P10, Mate 10 Pro, Mate 10, Mate 9 Pro, Mate 9, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo NEX, Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S, Mi 8, Mi 6, OnePlus 7, 6T, 5, Pixel 3 XL, 2 XL, 2, Google Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 2
- Size: 157×130×46 mm (folded); 286×126×98 mm (unfolded)
Read More: Duplicate File Remover Apps
2. Zhiyun Smooth 4:
This is again one of the best gimbals for phones in 2022. Zhiyun Smooth 4 is a smartphone gimbal capable of turning your normal smartphone camera into a professional filmmaking camera. Zhiyun Smooth 4 is an amazing smartphone gimbal with which you can make stable and smooth videos. It is well-equipped with hot-keys that minimize the need to touch the screen and provides easy control over the smartphone camera and stabilizer at the same time.
- Focus Pull & Zoom Capability: Zhiyun Smooth 4 Gimbal comes with a handwheel that makes the video capturing smooth. It provides easy zoom in or out functions for close up shots. Its FN switch button helps get high precision focus and hence detailed videos.
- PhoneGo Mode: The PhoneGo mode is the most detailed mode provided by the gimbal. It helps in capturing every moment and provides instant scene transition.
- Object Tracking: Zhiyun Smooth 4 gimbal lets you make smooth footage by framing the object with high precision.
- Two Way Charging: Provides a long battery life of up to 12 hours. It comes with a Type-C charging port that can be used on both sides for charging.
- Compatibility: This best smartphone gimbal is compatible with almost all the smartphones and can easily work with LED lights making it more useful.
- Time Lapse Expert: Zhiyun is equipped with all the advanced technologies. It is equipped with Timelapse, Motion Lapse, Slow Motion, Hyper lapse and as well a Moving Time lapse to record videos.
- Light and Durable: This smartphone gimbal is light in weight and is made of high-quality durable material to increase the life
Must Read: How To Enable Live Caption In Android 10
3. Freefly Movi:
Another effective gimbal for phones in our list of Best Smartphone Gimbal Stabilizers in 2022. Freefly Movi makes your smartphone a powerful storytelling tool. This is equipped with all the filmmaking tricks and hence can easily shoot all kinds of high-quality videos with minimal staff.
Freefly Movi gimbal can easily be paired with the app to provide the pro level shooting. It provides multiple shooting options like Majestic, Timelapse, Smartpod, Echo, etc.
- Different Shooting Modes: Freefly Movi provides shooting modes like landscape, portrait, and selfie mode.
- Weight: The smartphone stabilizer weighs only 670 gms that makes it extremely lightweight and portable.
- Charging: It has a C-type charging point for fast charging.
- Bluetooth connectivity: Easy connection with the smartphone using the Bluetooth.
- Battery Life: Freefly Movi gimbal comes with a battery life of about 8 hours on a single charge.
- Compatibility: This best gimbal for phones in 2022 comes with a free app and is compatible with all the latest smartphone devices.
4. Zhiyun Smooth Q2:
When we talk about the best gimbals for phones 2022, Zhiyun is a brand we cannot miss. Lately, its main focus has been making smartphone gimbals that are compact and still functions brilliantly. With Zhiyun Smooth Q2, Zhiyun has proved that you can still have the best picture quality and smoothness when shot with compact smartphone gimbals.
Zhiyun Smooth Q2 measures only 204 mm and can easily fit in a case equivalent to a sunglass case. Being so small it also eliminates the need to fold it and has an aluminum body that makes it sturdy and tough. It has a silicon handle that is comfortable to hold.
Compact: Zhiyun Smooth Q2 gimbal is a compact smartphone gimbal stabilizer that measures only 204 mm in length.
Simplicity: It provides one-touch switching between the various shooting modes.
Modes: It offers different modes such as Pan following mode, Lock Mode, Following mode, Vortex mode, etc. A new mode naled Full-Range POV mode enables 360-degree movement along the three-axis.
Fast lane Capture: It is directly connected to the cameras of the Android and iOS devices that provide a fast lane while capturing videos.
Quick Release Latch: Zhiyun Smooth Q2 comes with a quick release latch, that makes it handy and comfortable to use. The latch makes it easy to attach and detach the smartphone with no effort.
Clip Up And Go: This smartphone stabilizer comes with an easy clip-up design that provides easy access to the startup and standby mode.
Portrait Mode: Zhiyun Smooth Q2 gimbal is also designed to shoot videos in the Portrait mode.
Battery: It has a battery life of up to 17 hours with a rechargeable battery. It also comes with a micro-USB port that can act as a power bank.
5. Feiyu Tech JSD Pro Feiyu Tech Vimble 2:
This is our last choice amongst the best phone gimbals for 2022. Feiyu Tech Vimble 2 is a 3 Axis smartphone gimbal both for action cameras and smartphone devices. It weighs 428 gms that makes it portable and easy to use. Vimble 2 has a streamlined shape and is resistant to heat and light making it strong and durable.
Extension Bar: Vimble 2 has an 18 cm long extension bar using which you can easily take selfies or group pictures. The extension bar helps to cover wide angles.
Bluetooth Shutter Button: Feiyu Tech JSD Pro Feiyu Tech Vimble 2 gimbal has a Bluetooth shutter to enhance its usage. With the Bluetooth button, one can connect the smartphone gimbal with the smartphone in no time. It also helps control the camera of your smartphone with the shutter button.
Face and Object Tracking: It also has the ability to track faces and objects easily.
Battery: Vimbel 2 has a battery life of 5 hours and can last up to 10 hours if dormant. The Micro-USB port allows us to charge the gimbal with a power bank and use it at the same time.
Everyone loves to have the best of memories in the form of pictures and videos. However, not all things are possible with your hands. While the latest smartphones have powerful and advanced inbuilt cameras with amazing picture qualities, we still cannot capture the best pictures all the time. This happens because it is not possible to keep the phone still and stable with our hands and they tend to distort the images captured.
In order to overcome this, we have curated the best Best Gimbal for phones in 2022. These best handset stabilizers are the perfect companion to your smartphone while capturing videos and pictures. Smartphone Gimbal not only provides stability to the camera and is also portable and easy to carry.
Your Feedback Is Valuable:
We believe in listening to our readers. So let us know how you like the article in the Comments section below. For more information on the latest technology subscribe to your blogs and YouTube channel.
Thanks for reading.