Data Monitoring lets you keep a track of data usage on your phone. However, data usage monitoring does not matter much for those who have unlimited data plans, but in case of a limited service plan you need to monitor data from time to time. Wondering how you will do that? The answer is best data monitoring apps that can help you track both mobile and Wi-Fi network usage on your Android devices.
We use the internet as much as we breathe, and this is why monitoring total data usage has become vital. Tracking data can be done manually too but it is always better to have an application that can keep a check on our regular data consumption and prevent us from not exceeding data limits.
There are many ways to save and track data usage. You can use one of these best apps to monitor data usage on your Android devices.
Best Data Monitoring Apps For Android:
1. Check Internet Data Usage
While you get a thought of monitoring your overall or daily data usage, you can take help from the Check Data Usage app. This lets you control your Wi-Fi and mobile data usage and prevents you from paying extra money. If you are hunting for a portable data monitoring app for Android, Check Data Usage is the one stop solution to all your internet usage problems. The user-interface of the app is quite simple. All you need to do is install it on your Android device, set daily data limit and get notifications when you exceed set data limits.
- Check Data Usage helps you monitor data by setting up your own data plans.
- It lets you boost your phone speed, clear cache, and RAM.
- One tap speed test to check download/upload speed on your phone.
Click Here To Install Check Internet Data Usage on Your Android Device
2. My Data Manager
While looking for the best data tracking app, My Data Manager is the best one to help you take control over your overall mobile data usage. Not only this you can also save much on your monthly phone bill. With an efficient app you can track how much data you have used, and you get alerts before you run out of data. By using monitoring apps, you can prevent yourself from being overcharged unnecessarily.
- Track your data usage on mobile, Wi-Fi and roaming.
- Set alarms to avoid unwanted charges.
- Allows you to monitor every device’s data usage included in a shared or family plan.
3. Data Counter Widget
In the list of best data usage tracker apps, Data Counter Widget is the next one. It keeps a track of how much traffic is used by your Android device. This app has a widget called feature that you can place anywhere on your home screen and keep a check on how much data has been used within a day. The best advantage of this app is that you need not have to open the app every time to keep a check, you can rather monitor data usage from a widget directly.
- Track data with custom cycles i.e. monthly, weekly, daily and more.
- Home screen widget to monitor data usage.
- Get an internet speed meter.
- Check overall data quota.
4. GlassWire Data Usage Monitor
The best data monitoring app is the one that offers ultimate results by allowing it to monitor your entire data usage, data limit and Wi-Fi network activity. Moreover, this app lets you know which app is slowing down your phone’s speed and using more of your mobile data. Also, it helps you protect your privacy and reveal suspicious app activity using a graphical representation.
- Besides data monitoring, it helps you protect your privacy.
- Blocks and secures your Android device from badly behaving apps.
- Works best with most of the mobile data service providers.
- Protects your device from slow performance.
5. Data Usage – Data Manager
Data Usage is yet another tool in the list of best data monitoring apps for Android that works almost similar to other data monitors. What makes it different from other data monitoring apps is its simple user interface. It shows you a daily data usage graph in the notification bar. Moreover, it monitors your Wi-Fi data usage and its Read Phone State feature tracks your overall mobile data usage.
- Notification display.
- Data tracker display every time you open an app.
- Warns when you’re about to cross data limits.
- A good to have app with app data usage display.
6. Data Monitor: Simple Net-Meter
If you want a simple data monitoring app, then this one is the best for your requirements. This is a precise application for your Android device that does not take much of your device space and lets you track your data usage based on monthly or daily basis. You can monitor both mobile and Wi-Fi data usage using Data Monitor- Simple Net-Meter app for Android.
- Includes a net-meter and other network monitoring tools.
- Gives you a split graph of data used on your device.
- Also offers a Wi-Fi Scanner.
- Data Monitor widgets for home screen are available.
7. Data Usage Hotspot Monitor – NeoData
Get a track of data used on your Android device quickly and accurately without logging into My Operator. Not only mobile or Wi-Fi data usage you can also monitor hotspot usage. This data monitor by NeoData is a complete package when it comes to tracking mobile, Wi-Fi, hotspot or network usage. Track the real-time data usage with its widget.
- Control efficiently your wireless data plans.
- Supports dual SIM phones and can control each plan individually.
- Manage and monitor your overall network coverage.
- Get real-time reports for the time you spend on your device.
8. Traffic Monitor & 3G/4G/5G Speed
Monitor speed, data and quality using one single app i.e. Traffic Monitor. Yes, you have everything at your fingertips and you can easily keep an eye on your device’s network coverage and data usage on your smartphone. This data monitoring app for Android lets you speed test for 3G / 4G and 5G networks, inspection of network availability and data usage monitoring.
- Speed test lets you track speed and latency on a speedometer.
- Checks the cause behind the bad performance of your phone.
- Auto-detects foreign networks and tracks roaming usage.
- Choose between weekly, monthly or 30-day billing period lengths.
9. Samsung Max – Data Savings & Privacy Protection
Do a lot more than just monitoring your device data with Samsung Max data saving and privacy protection app. Samsung Max is yet another competition for the best data tracking apps for Android phones. It is easy-to-use data management application that also protects your device’s privacy. Built exclusively for Samsung, this monitoring app saves a lot of data, scans and prevents risks, and manages apps in a better way.
- Samsung Max has a cover for both savings and privacy protection.
- Tracks and manages your app’s data consumption.
- Secures your device and personal information when using public Wi-Fi.
- Data saving mode to save data usage and money.
10. Mobile Data – Monitor Usage, Compress, and Save!
Monitor data you use on a daily, weekly or monthly basis to prevent yourself from being charged extra unnecessarily. It is an incredible application for Android that is easy-to-use, powerful, and improves your phone’s overall performance. Besides its basic functioning this mobile data monitoring app lets you compress internet traffic and block unnecessary or less-used apps from using data in the background.
- Track and restrict apps that are abusing your data.
- Secure your connection and protect your online presence.
- Simple to set up and friendly support.
- Monitors both mobile and Wi-Fi data usage.
11. Internet Speed Meter Lite
Internet Speed Meter Lite is the last recommendation for the best data monitoring apps for Android devices. It displays the internet speed in the status bar and keeps on showing you the data used in the notification pane. Monitor and manage your network connection while using your device. The major benefit of using this data monitoring app is that it is completely ad-free.
- Real-time speed and daily traffic usage update.
- Battery efficient.
- Monitor last minute internet activity using graphs.
- Customize themes as per your choice.
Do you also dread checking on your mobile data usage manually? If yes, which app do you use to monitor data usage on Android? We have listed here the 10 best and hope you find them helpful. If we have missed on any efficient app, let us know in the comments section below. We will surely review them and add them to our list of best data monitoring apps for Android.