Driving somewhere on the long roads with some soothing music to go along is one of the best ways to regain peace of mind. You can take a longer route without worrying about the directions as Google Maps sorts it for you. What is making Google Maps an interesting application at present? It is YouTube Music Integration in Google Maps navigation mode. Stream your favorite music using YouTube Music app and control music directly from the directions screen.
Wondering how to use YouTube Music in Google Maps? Here’s a stepwise description on how to enable and use YouTube Music in Google Maps app on Android.
How To Access YouTube Music In Google Maps?
Integrating YouTube Music with Google Maps makes driving smooth and enjoyable. Afterall, driving without music sucks and it is too boring. Google Maps allow you to directly control music from the directions screen. But remember, you first need to enable YouTube Music in Google Maps navigation mode.
Enable YouTube Music In Google Maps
Follow the steps below to enable YouTube Music in the Maps directions window:
- Open Google Maps, enter your destination and click Directions and then Start.
- Now swipe up from the bottom of the screen in the Google Maps navigation window.
- Tap Settings and then click on Show Media Playback Controls.
- Tap on YouTube Music from the available options. In my Android phone it is showing Google Play and Spotify alongwith YouTube Music.
- Tap Next and read the Disclaimer. Press OK to continue.
A message will appear that says the control settings have been activated. Go back to the homepage of Google Maps and you’ll see YouTube Music’s icon below the Report button in the navigation window.
YouTube Music in Google Maps is now enabled. Read the blog further to know more and also learn how to use YouTube Music in Maps navigation mode on Android devices.
How To Use YouTube Music In Google Maps Navigation Mode
Follow the steps below to start using YouTube Music in Google Maps navigation mode. It is a simple process and you can use it anytime while you are driving to any place.
- Open Google Maps and start navigation to your destination.
- Tap on the YouTube Music icon located at the right-side of the screen.
- You’ll see basic playback controls when you swipe up through the tab showing your remaining distance and estimate ETA. You can use music playback controls to play Next or Previous tracks. (Make sure your YouTube Music account is upgraded).
- Tap on Browse, if you want to play anything else.
- If you wish to access playlists from your YouTube Music library, you can access it from the Browse section. You can tap on your desired playlist or tap X to close the menu.
The Playlists keep on changing over time but immediate access to Browse button won’t reflect any changes. So, if you wish to change the songs or the playlists, you might have to stop your car aside and then choose the playlist of your choice and continue driving. Remember, the options to change the playlist are pretty limited so ensure that while driving you enjoy songs that are already in the list and make the most out of your soothing drive.
Awesome isn’t it? YouTube Music in Google Maps sounds quite interesting. Give it a try and let us know in the comments below how you find this feature. Feel free to share your feedback and suggestions.