When you search for the Best PC Cleaner & Maintenance Software For Windows PC, there’s a high probability that you’ll see Norton Utilities Premium as one of the top recommended solutions. Norton is a well-known brand, especially recognized for its antivirus solution, but it has several other product lines, including the one we’re reviewing.
Table Of Contents
- What Is Norton Utilities Premium?
- User Experience & Performance | Meet The Dashboard
- Usability | Tools & Features
- What’s New In Norton Premium Utilities | Recent Updates
- Subscription| Pricing Models
- How Do I Buy Norton Premium Utilities Edition?
- How Do I Download & Install Norton Utilities Premium?
- TECHNICAL SETUP & OTHER DETAILS: Norton Premium Utilities
- MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: Norton Utilities Premium
- ADDITIONAL HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS: Norton Utilities Premium
- Help & Assistance | Customer Support
- Testimonials & Client Reviews | What Users Are Saying About Norton
- Competition | Alternatives To Norton Utilities Premium
- OUR VERDICT | Norton Utilities Premium Review
- Frequently Asked Questions | Norton Utilities Premium Review
|OUR RATING: 4.5*
What Is Norton Utilities Premium?
Norton Utilities Premium is an all-in-one software package that allows users to keep their computers up and running. The application securely removes junk files, and startup items fix registry issues, frees up unnecessary occupied storage space, fixes common issues that cause frustrating slowdowns, securely disposes of personal documents, helps to maintain digital privacy, and more.
Unlike other PC Cleaners & Optimizers, Norton Utilities Premium takes an exhaustive approach to managing and optimizing the computer’s memory, processing power, and entire hard drive to achieve better performance and speed. Be it enjoying faster boot time, or working with high-end applications without any hiccups, downloading Norton Utilities Premium offers a fantastic way to increase and maintain smooth PC functioning.
DEVELOPER/DISTRIBUTOR: NortonLifeLock Inc.
Why Do You Need Norton Utilities Premium?
By now you may already be aware of the fact that your Operating System has a multitude of tasks to manage at once, related to memory, hard drive space, processes, power usage, and more. Over time, this can drain the overall performance of your computer. Additionally, if your PC’s resources are used inefficiently, due to
- Lack of RAM
- Too many startup items running
- Outdated Windows drivers
- Hard disk running out of space
- Presence of viruses or other malware
- Unnecessary background apps & services running constantly
You can experience a significant slowdown in speed. That’s exactly why your computer needs regular maintenance. Thankfully, tools like Norton Utilities Premium can ease the overall task of keeping your computer healthy and running smoothly. It helps is:
- Automatically optimizing the processing power, memory, and hard drive, so that you can enjoy hassle-free gaming, editing, and streaming experience.
- Cleaning up temp files, junk files, start-up items, and fixing common issues that slow your PC.
- Monitoring system components that impact performance.
- Reclaiming hard drive storage space that was previously occupied with redundant data, so that you can have easier and faster access to your favorite programs & data.
- Disposing of private data & sensitive documents to prevent unauthorized access.
- Protecting your digital security by eliminating browsing history, downloads, cookies & other tracking data that may endanger your privacy.
- Automate regular PC maintenance tasks that you specify.
In a nutshell, Norton Utilities Premium is your one-stop PC performance suite to enhance your computer speed and extend the life of your computer, while safeguarding your privacy online/offline.
User Experience & Performance | Meet The Dashboard
Talking about the User Interface, Norton Utilities Premium offers a pretty simple, and easy-to-use dashboard, with clearly-labelled buttons to help users understand the product at first glance. The UI is segregated in multiple modules, namely Dashboard, Toolbox, Automatic Care and Real-Time Boost. These categories are self-explanatory and once you expand them, you will be offered more options to perform a variety of tasks related to cleanup, optimization, regular maintenance, system speedup and more.
During our tests with Norton Utilities Premium, we noticed that certain optimization features like Windows Cleanup, Application Accelerator and Disk Defragmenter took a couple of minutes to execute the tasks. According to the results, the application was able to repair over 157 Registry issues and fix common problematic PC errors that significantly improved a lot of performance in one go.
Usability | Tools & Features
As we’ve mentioned, each module offered by Norton Utilities Premium has sub-functionalities, so it’s probably the right time to introduce you to them. Let’s take a deep dive into the same and learn what all this PC Cleaner & Protection Software has to offer:
Under the Dashboard module, you will be displayed a quick summary of the last system analysis that was performed on your computer. Here, you will be notified about the potential errors and issues detected by Norton Utilities Premium. Not only this, at Dashboard, you will be provided the following set of details:
- Recommendations: Tips to increase your computer speed and overall performance.
- History: List of implementations that have been made after the system analysis for improvements.
- PC Status: Explore detailed information on used hard drive/memory resources, processing power, startup items, and more.
The Dashboard window gets automatically refreshed after one hour of carrying out the last system analysis and will update you with the new PC status.
Under the Toolbox module, you’ll find a comprehensive set of tools, ranging from Clean, Speed Up, Protect and Manage. These tools are further segregated into a variety of options to repair and optimize systems according to your specific needs. Under this module, you can find features to
- Disk Cleanup – Comprehensively scans the state of your hard drives & alerts you about the potential hardware issues it identifies.
- Registry Cleaner – To detect and eliminate invalid Windows registry entries, that are responsible for causing system crashes and slow performance.
- Advanced Uninstaller – To uninstall unwanted software with its associated package for complete cleanup.
- Windows Cleanup – To find and remove temp files, broken shortcuts, junk files, clipboard contents, recycle bin data, document histories, and more.
- Clear Browsing History – Remove caches, cookies, and other traces related to your browsing habits in a single click.
- Bleach Disks – To clean the hard disk in a way, so that all the files are deleted permanently. It scrambles the Master File Table in a way that all the traces of previously deleted files are also removed properly.
- File Shredder – To securely dispose of all the private and confidential documents. This ensures impossible data recovery.
- Disk Defragmenter – To extend the life of drives, a hard disk defragmenter is available. The ability to optimize and defrag individual files is also possible.
- Application Accelerator – Helps in improving your system’s file access speed by re-aligning programs & defragment files on the hard disk.
- RAM Reclaimer – Allows you to release the trapped RAM & use them for crucial resources to enhance overall speed and stability.
- Startup Optimizer – Get the ability to enable or disable startup items accordingly to improve the overall boot time of the computer.
- Recover Lost Files – Provides you with a dedicated way to find and recover lost graphics, videos, audio , and more.
- Find Duplicate Files – An easy way to identify and delete exact and similar- looking photos, videos, music files, documents, and other data.
Apart from these, Norton Utilities Premium offers additional privacy tools to prevent personal data from getting into the wrong hands.
3. AUTOMATIC CARE
While working on this Norton Utilities Premium review, we were deeply enticed with this particular module designed for automating all the PC’s maintenance features according to your convenience. The best part of using Automatic Care is it offers a dedicated option that works even when you are away and instantly repairs the commonly found PC issues.
You just need to simply check/uncheck the box next to the function you would like Norton Premium Utilities to perform and that’s it. The software will take care of everything on its own!
4. Real-Time Boost
Under this module, you can check the real-time status and automate the optimization of our CPU, RAM and Storage drive specifically.
What’s New In Norton Premium Utilities | Recent Updates
Check out the latest improvements and tools added to the PC Cleanup Software:
- Faster scanning and repairing capabilities for multiple areas at once.
- Consolidated all the necessary tools to make it a hassle-free experience for a variety of users.
- Ability to remove bloatware to free up a significant amount of storage space.
- Offers complete control over Dangerous & Use Choice Startup items.
- Continuous updates are added to effectively optimize new and modern programs.
- Newly added Smart Updater to receive frequent and most compatible updates for all programs.
Subscription| Pricing Models
A one-year subscription to Norton Utilities Premium starts at $39.99. After the duration, the subscription model gets automatically renewed. If we compare the utility with its close competitors, Norton Utilities Premium is slightly expensive, but seeing the set of features it offers to keep your system running smoothly, we feel the price tag is justified. Plus, you can maintain and boost PC health of up to 10 PCs using the tool. So, it’s a win-win situation!
How Do I Buy Norton Premium Utilities Edition?
Well, if you’ve decided to invest in this wonderful PC Cleaning & Security Software and looking forward to speeding up 10 PCs in your home, then simply do the following:
STEP 1 = From the official website, click on the Buy Now button!
STEP 2 = Now you’ll be navigated to the Checkout page, where you need to enter your email address, set a password, and create an account with Norton.
Further, you need to enter your payment information to complete the onboarding process!
How Do I Download & Install Norton Utilities Premium?
Before you proceed forward with our Norton Utilities Premium Review learn the installation process. You must fulfil the necessary perquisites to run the PC Cleanup Tool:
TECHNICAL SETUP & OTHER DETAILS: Norton Premium Utilities
|Software Name:||Norton Utilities Premium 17.0.8|
|Setup Folder Name:||Norton Utilities Premium 17.0.8 .zip|
|Setup Type:||Offline installer or Full standalone setup|
|Compatibility:||32 Bit (x86) or 64 Bit (x64)|
|File Size:||37 MB|
|Money Back Guarantee||60 Days for annual subscriptions|
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: Norton Utilities Premium
|RAM:||1GB for 32-bit, 2GB for 64-Bit|
|Hard Disk:||200 MB of free space is required|
|Processor:||Intel Core 2 Duo or Higher|
|Operating System:||● Windows 7 (All Versions) with Service Pack 1 OR Later
● Windows 8/8.1 (All Versions) except Windows 8 Start Screen
● Windows 10 (All Versions) except Windows 10 in S Mode
● Windows 11, except Windows 11 in S Mode
ADDITIONAL HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS: Norton Utilities Premium
|100 MB of available hard disk space|
|SVGA (1024 x 768) video|
|Internet connection (to activate product and receive product updates)|
Once you’ve fulfilled the necessary perquisites to run Norton Utilities Premium Version, you are all set to download and install it on your system.
STEP 1 – Get started by signing into your Norton Account. You need to type in your email address and password, followed by clicking on the Sign In button.
STEP 2 – Head towards the My Subscription page under Norton Utilities Premium and hit the Download button.
STEP 3 – On the Get Started window, you need to copy the Activation Key that was sent to you on your registered email address.
STEP 4 – Once done, click on the Agree & Download button!
Make sure you click the License and Services Agreement link and read all the conditions before you download and install Norton Premium Utilities on your system.
STEP 5 – As soon as the setup is downloaded, simply open the Downloads window in your web browser and double-click on the setup file. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process!
You can also activate the Norton Utilities Premium edition: Launch the app > click on the Activate Now button > enter the Key > Hit the Activate Now button!
Help & Assistance | Customer Support
If you have any queries or product/purchase-related issues, you can completely rely on Norton’s Technical Support Team who are available 24*7 via Live Chat and Phone 1 (855) 815-2726. Users who prefer self-service can navigate to Norton’s Support Center which includes Knowledge Base, FAQs, and Forums. Additionally, they are quite active on their Social Media Channels – Twitter & Facebook.
Our investigation into Norton’s online support reveals several satisfied customers, as they are very prompt while responding to users’ complaints and reimburse. For immediate answers, chat is the best Norton Support option.
Testimonials & Client Reviews | What Users Are Saying About Norton
Don’t go by what we say, take a look at what genuine users have to say about the utility:
Competition | Alternatives To Norton Utilities Premium
If you are looking for a close substitute to Norton Utilities Premium, check out the following recommendations in the category:
|Top PC Cleanup Solutions||Features & Highlights||Price||Compatibility||Download Link|
|Advanced System Optimizer
||$49.95||Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista & XP|
|CCleaner By Piriform
||$24.95||Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista & XP|
||$39.95||Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista & XP|
||$19.99||Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista & XP||Get It Here|
|Advanced PC Cleanup
||$39.95||Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista & XP|
OUR VERDICT | Norton Utilities Premium Review
Norton Utilities Premium is a well-rounded package that features a wide range of features for cleaning, optimizing, boosting speed, and protecting your Windows PC in a couple of clicks. It focuses on resolving a variety of computer issues that cause constant slowdown and other problematic errors due to lack of memory, invalid registry entries, and more.
So, we recommend using Norton Utilities Premium to our users if they can take a little weight on their pockets!
Frequently Asked Questions | Norton Utilities Premium Review
What is Norton Utilities premium?
Norton Utilities Premium is an all-in-one software package that allows users to keep their computers up and running. The application securely removes junk files, startup items, fixes registry issues, frees up unnecessary occupied storage space, fixes common issues that cause frustrating slowdowns, securely disposes of personal documents, helps to maintain digital privacy, and more.
Do you have to pay for Norton Utilities premium?
Well, if you are a Norton LifeLock customer with a qualifying active, automatically renewing subscription, you don’t have to pay any additional cost to get your hands on Norton Utilities Premium.
Is it worth installing Norton Utilities premium?
Yes! It's a perfect tune-up utility known for improving the overall speed and performance of your PC without putting in much effort. The PC Cleanup tool is designed with advanced algorithms that ensure peak performance and productivity after a single scan.
What does Norton Utilities premium cost?
A one-year subscription to Norton Utilities Premium starts at $39.99. After the duration, the subscription model gets automatically renewed.
- Advanced PDF Manager Review – Best PDF Manager You Can Use >
- Tenorshare 4DDiG Review: Recover Permanently Recover Deleted Files In 3 Steps >
- TweakShot Screen Recorder Review – The Best Tool To Record Screen >
- Is iObit MacBooster 8 The Best Optimization Tool? Read Complete Review >
- Quick Detailed Review of Cisdem Data Recover For Mac >
One reply on “Norton Utilities Premium Review | How Good Is This PC Cleanup/Protection Software?”
Thank you for your review of Norton utilities. I have purchased this software purely based on your overall comments. I have found it easy for a non techie (like me) to use and it appears to do the stated job well.