Isn’t it 2020 the year of QR Codes? Lately, QR Code Scanners are widely adopted by various customers and businesses. These Barcode Scanners are used for making payments, reveal product-related information, utilize discounts/rewards and share info.
Today almost all latest devices with Android 9 and iOS 13 have built-in advanced QR code scanners, so usually third-party apps are not required.
However, if you don’t have latest smartphones, or want to try dedicated third-party utilities to scan QR code on Android or iOS, you can try using the below mentioned Best QR Code Scanning Apps for Android & iPhone.
Also Read: Best QR Code Generator
Top 7 Best QR Scanner Apps 2022
All the listed QR Code Scanners are free to use & have great user ratings. So, you can undoubtedly rely on any of them.
|QR Code Scanning App||Available on||Average Rating||Price|
|NeoReader Barcode Scanner||App Store and Google Playstore||4.1||Free|
|Kaspersky’s QR Code Reader and Scanner||App Store and Google Playstore||4.5||Free|
|Bar-code reader||App Store and Google Playstore||4||Free|
|QuickMark barcode scanner||App Store||3.9||Free|
|QR Code Reader by Scan||App Store and Google Playstore||4.4||Free|
|QR Droid Private and QR Droid||Google Playstore||4.5 and 4.3||Free|
|QR & Barcode Scanner- Gamma play||Google Playstore||4.5||Free|
1. NeoReader Barcode Scanner
NeoReader is a universal QR code reader and scanner, which works excellently to scan all type of barcodes like QR codes, Data Matrix, UPC, EAN, PDF 417 and Code 128. It is one of the top players among all “Best QR Code Scanner apps for iPhone and Android” in the market.
- Easy detection
- Create your own QR codes
- Easy sharing options
- Maintains a detailed history
- Uses both front and back camera
- Easy to use QR Scanner
2. Kaspersky’s QR Code reader and scanner
Kaspersky is famous for its security features which ranges from Internet threats, anti-virus, and office security solutions. It is an international product that aims to make QR codes safe for smartphone applications.
- Ensures safety checks
- Prevents malicious content
- Keeps a history
- Automatically saves the data
- Rated as one of the Best QR Code Scanner Application for both Android & iPhone
3. Bar-Code reader
Bar-Code Reader is another excellent QR Code scanning app which is easy to use for both professional and personal purposes.
- Easy sharing of the scanned codes
- Supports copy/paste feature
- Best for both professional & personal uses
- Oblique positioning can result in unsuccessful scans. Try to align the camera right
4. QuickMark Barcode scanner
QuickMark Barcode scanner is a free and average rated as 3.9 stars on both Play Store and App Store. The product aims at improving local searches. It supports multiple formats such as QR Code, Data Matrix, Quick Code, Data Matrix, Code30 and many more.
- Easy access to weblinks
- Users can make calls, send emails, add contacts and navigate locations
- Reduces the number of clicks
- Also scans from images
5. QR code reader by Scan
QR Code is a great QR Scanner that works effectively to point &shoot to scan the codes easily. It is one of the most famous & useful applications for scanning QR Codes. The app has +50 million downloads.
- Lite app
- Free QR Scanning Apps with a few ads
- Can scan traditional barcodes
- Easy to use
- Supports both front and back cameras
6. QR Droid Private and QR Droid
These apps are developed by DrodidLa developers. The only difference among both of these applications is the “number of permissions” required to use the QR Code Scanner App.
- Create QR codes for sharing contacts
- Organized and easy to access
- Keeps the detailed history
- Comes with a QR Droid widget for instant on-screen access
7. QR & Barcode Scanner – Gamma Play
QR & Barcode Scanner by Gamma play is a “point-to-shoot” scanner that instantly decodes the QR Code in a single tap.
- Efficient at scanning
- Provides history
- Automatically identifies actions
While deciding to choose the Best QR Code Scanning app for your Android or iOS smartphone, we suggest you check two simple yet important things: speed and readability.
Hope this information helps and provides insight to make the ideal choice while looking for “Best QR Code Scanning Apps for Android or iOS.”
Leave us a comment below and let us know which one your favorite app is to scan QR codes.
Thanks for reading!