Android has always been the best and easy operating system. It takes over more than 50 percent of market share. Everything goes well until you see a black screen on an Android phone. This can be so frustrating that your Android phone is ON but the screen doesn’t respond. What shall you do in these circumstances? Well, this guide is for all those facing black screens on Android devices.
How To Identify Black Screen On Android?
If you are facing black screen on an Android phone, do not misinterpret it as a phone that won’t turn on. An Android black screen is not the same as an Android phone that won’t turn on. If your phone has a black screen you will see the following signs:
- The screen light won’t turn on but the light on the phone keeps flashing and blinking.
- You can feel the buttons on your phone but nothing will be displayed.
- Your phone will ring, vibrate for the calls and notifications but you won’t be able to respond to them.
If you are experiencing these signs, you should also know the causes along with the possible ways to troubleshoot the error. Read further to know the causes that lead to black screen on Android.
What Causes Black Screen On Android?
There are several things that cause black screens on Android. Here we have compiled a list of a few common reasons, check them out.
- Loose screen LCD connectors.
- A system error.
- Due to an incompatible app installed on Android device.
- An overcharged Android device.
- Too much App Cache stored.
- The phone is exposed to a heated place.
How To Fix Black Screen On Android?
Whatever is the reason behind there are a few popular things that need to be taken care of to fix black screen error on Android. Check them out to fix your Android device.
|Quick Workarounds To Fix Android Black Screen
● Hard reset your Android device. For this, hold together the Home & Power button for around 10 seconds.
● Wait for your device to auto turn off. Then charge your device and turn it on using the Power button.
● For older devices, try removing and reinstalling the battery. Now, turn on your phone.
Other Troubleshooting Tips For Black Screen Error On Android
- Check if the buttons on your device are jammed. Ensure that the buttons (if there on your device) are not having dirt, lotion, lint, or other similar things. Later, try to free buttons by pressing them multiple times successions. As a result, the button should free depress and release easily with each press. Once the test is done, try restarting your phone.
- Check if the charging port is clean and dirt free. The dust in the charging port might cause black screen. To fix this, gently blow into the charging port or use a toothpick to remove anything that is stuck on the port. Once done, charge it for about 10 minutes and then, restart it. Hopefully, the error will be fixed.
- Let your phone go out of battery. Once it is dead, charge out and restart when fully charged. This will fix black screen on Android due to critical system error.
- Force restart the phone. When it comes to Android troubleshooting, there are instances when critical system errors can be resolved with a force restart. Following combinations work well with Android devices to force start. Use them to wake your screen up. The combinations include the following:
- Press & hold the Home, Power, & Volume Down/Up
- Press & hold the Home & Power
- Press & hold the Power/Bixby button until the phone shuts down completely.
Restart your phone after it has completely shut down.
- Plug in your phone to the charger, wait around 5 minutes, and then try Force Restarting. This helps in clearing many of the Android errors that might be affecting the screen.
- For the Samsung users, use a Smart Switch that helps you connect your phone to your computer. Try to access your phone from there and then reboot and back it up from your computer.
- Reboot your phone into Safe mode. The Safe mode allows you to restart your phone, clear the cache, or take on to the tasks that can help you fix the black screen problem. To do this on your Android phone-
- Power off the phone.
- Long press and hold the Power + Volume down button (wait until you see the Android logo).
You have now entered the Safe mode. Perform actions like restart device, clear cache and more from there.
- Clear Android Cache. Removing cache from your devices deletes all the temporary files and the resources that could be causing Black screen error on Android and might be preventing the display from turning on.
Read Here: Ways To Free Up Space On Android Phone
That’s all folks!
So, these were some of the best, easy and quick troubleshooting tips that can save your Android phone from black screen error or bring it back in action. Have you ever encountered black screen on Android? If yes, these tips could save you in the near future. Were we helpful? Do share your thoughts and suggestions in the comments section below.
Keep reading Tweak Library for more such troubleshooting articles.
How To Add Gmail Account On Your Android Phone
How You Can Check Your Android Phone For Malware
5 replies on “How To Fix Black Screen On Android”
This is honestly one of the most annoying Android issue one can face. Kudos to the writer for sharing some amazing troubleshooting hacks to resolve the black screen issue. For me, Force restarting the phone helped me to fix the issue in no time!
Can a black screen on a Samsung be fixed?
I got the same problem on my Samsung device a while ago, I wish I had read this then.
finally, I fix this issue thanks for this tricks