You’re not alone if you see a yellow exclamation point, next to one of your PCI drivers in the Device Manager under Other devices or Unknown devices and don’t know what to do. Many Windows users have complained about a yellow exclamation mark appearing next to PCI devices in the device manager’s other devices section. But don’t worry; no matter how terrifying the situation seems, it’s fixable.
You’re not alone; many Windows users are experiencing the same issue. This article will show you how to solve the yellow exclamation on PCI device drivers.
Here are the three most effective methods for updating the PCI Serial port driver on Windows 11, 10, 8.1, and 8. You don’t have to attempt all of these stages; simply work your way down until you discover the best one for you.
What is a PCI Device Driver?
Peripheral Component Interconnect is what PCI stands for. As depicted in the above screen image, the PCI device in Device Manager refers to the hardware that connects to your computer’s motherboard, such as PCI Simple Communications Controllers and PCI Data Acquisition & Signal Processing Controllers. These are the hardware components that keep your computer up and running.
Why is it Necessary to Update PCI Device Drivers?
A PCI Device Driver is a piece of software that allows a PCI device to work correctly. If you receive an error message concerning the PCI device driver, if the PCI device driver does not appear in the ‘Device Manager,’ or if you notice a ‘Yellow Exclamation Mark’ on your PCI device, you should update the outdated and faulty PCI Device Driver.
How can I Resolve the PCI Device Driver Issue?
Method 1: Using Device Manager to update PCI device drivers manually
Method 2: Using the manufacturer’s website to update PCI device drivers manually
Method 3: Automatically update PCI device drivers using Advanced Driver Updater (Recommended)
Method 1: Using Device Manager to Update PCI Device Drivers Manually
- Select Device Manager by pressing Windows + X.
- Double-click Other devices, right-click the PCI device with the yellow exclamation point, and select Update Driver.
- A new window will open with two options:
Search automatically for drivers
Browse my computer for drivers
- Select, Search automatically for drivers & Wait till Windows look for driver updates.
- Waiting for the procedure to complete may take a few minutes. Your PCI driver will be updated if an update is available.
- If you get the message, though, The optimal drivers for your device are already installed; nonetheless, we recommend using Windows Update to search for updated drivers.
- If an update is available, click Check for Updates > Download and install it.
- Restart the computer; this should resolve the issue.
- If this does not work, proceed to the next option.
Method 2: Using the Manufacturer’s Website to Update PCI Device Drivers Manually
If the preceding methods do not work, you will need to update the PCI driver on the manufacturer’s website. To do so, you’ll need the driver’s information. To solve the PCI device driver missing Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 issue, follow the steps below to gather information and update the PCI driver.
- Go to Device Manager by pressing Windows + X.
- Double-click Other devices, then right-click the PCI driver that has a yellow exclamation point next to it.
- Go to Properties, the Details tab, and the Hardware Ids drop-down menu.
- The first hardware ID listed should be copied.
- Open a web browser and type “driver update” into the search bar to get the driver update.
- To manually download the driver update, go to the appropriate link. Double-check that the driver you’re downloading is compatible with the Windows version.
- To install the update, follow the on-screen directions.
- To implement the modifications, restart the computer. If this seems too much effort, you may use Advanced Driver Updater to get the driver update.
Method 3: Automatically update PCI Device Drivers Using Advanced Driver Updater (Recommended)
If the previous processes are not to your liking, you may use Advanced Driver Updater to update the PCI driver automatically.
Advanced Driver Updater instantly detects the system and device information and finds the correct and appropriate driver update. You do not need to know the system set up to utilize this powerful driver upgrading tool. The utility will automatically detect all of the details, saving you from downloading & installing erroneous driver updates.
Read the complete review of Advanced Driver Updater
With either the FREE or Advanced Driver Updater Pro versions. All drivers may be updated at once with the Pro version. You will have to update drivers one by one if you use the trial version. A 60-day money-back guarantee & technical assistance is included.
The following instructions will show you how to utilize Advanced Driver Updater.
- Download and install Advanced Driver Updater
- Start Advanced Driver Updater by pressing the Start Scan Now button. Wait for Advanced Driver Updater to complete a check of your computer and identify any defective drivers.
- Check the scan findings and make sure the PCI device driver is updated. You must click the Update driver next to it to use the trial version. If you are a registered user, you may use the Update All option to update all outdated drivers at once.
- To effect the changes, restart the system after updating the driver.
- You may upgrade the PCI serial port driver and resolve the PCI device driver yellow exclamation mark issue by following these simple steps.
You may upgrade the PCI serial port driver and resolve the PCI device driver yellow exclamation mark issue by following these simple steps.
We hope the information is helpful to you. If manually upgrading the driver is too time-consuming for you, we recommend using Advanced Driver Updater. The robust driver updating tool will make it simple to update drivers and save you from dealing with driver-related difficulties in the future.
Leave a Reply