Undeniably, the prominent reason for Android’s smartphone market dominance is its limitless customization options. You can find launchers to emulate other devices, integrate your phone with your home or office ecosystem or use your Android device to control your PC remotely.
What is an Android Launcher?
Android smartphones are inoperable without a launcher. That’s why every device comes with a default launcher. But if you want to spice up, arrange, organize, and interact with apps on Android nothing can be better than launcher apps for Android. Using the fastest Android launchers users can tweak the home screen.
Following is a list of 11 best Android launchers that you can use to upgrade your Android. Some are free, and some might cost you a few bucks. The only thing common is all are easy to use.
Also Read: Best iOS Launchers for Android
Here Are the Best Android Launcher Apps in 2023?
1. Nova Launcher – Best customization Android Launcher
User Rating 4.6
Nova launcher is a powerful, customizable, versatile home screen replacement launcher. Using this half a decade old launcher app you can enhance your phone’s home screen. It is one of the best launchers for theming. Whether you want to change the home screen completely or want a faster home launcher, Nova launcher app for Android is the answer. It is the best Android launcher, free or paid. Opening up Nova Launcher is like opening a giant tool chest that will overwhelm you.
- Custom Icon Themes.
- Faster Speed
- Night and dark theme
- Customizable App Drawer
- Subgrid positioning
- Scrollable Dock
- Backup and Restore
- Custom Grid
- Hide Apps
2. Microsoft Launcher – Easy Android Launcher
User Rating 4.6
Microsoft makes what is arguably the best Android launcher.
– Paul Thurrott
Looking for a launcher that helps personalize Android, sync with your Windows PC, organize things? Nothing is better than Microsoft Launcher. It is the best choice, to give your phone a new look. Formerly known as Arrow Launcher using this best launcher app for Android you can revitalize your phone. Furthermore, you get access to beautiful Bing wallpaper to set background with auto image refresh.
Using Microsoft account you can access calendar, documents, recent activities.
- Feed personalization and improve the functionality of Microsoft apps.
- Spice up your phone with light, dark and transparent themes to suit your style
- Seamless syncing between phone and PC
- Search the web for files, apps, docs, etc. all at once
- Gesture customization
- Organize contacts and keep them at fingertips
3. Go Launcher – Fastest Launcher App for Android with 3D Themes and HD Wallpaper
User Rating 4.5
A stylish and personalized launcher app for Android that provides a multitude of mobile themes. Go Launcher best Android Launcher offers 3D parallax themes, HD wallpaper that are customizable. It runs on an independently developed 3D engine that makes it is the fastest launcher. Unlike Nova Launcher, Go Launcher can be considered the best launcher for tablets too. Using it you can hide apps and secure your phone. The themes and wallpaper are updated on an almost daily basis.
- 20+ screen and drawer animation effect
- 1000+ free mobile themes for Android
- Variety of Widgets
- Hide and lock apps to protect phone from prying eyes
4. Smart Launcher 5 – Best App Drawer
User Rating 4.4
Known for its iconic Flower home screen and categorically sorted app drawer Smart Launcher is one best Android Launcher. This innovative Android launcher app makes your device faster and easy to use. Smart Launcher replaces the phone’s home screen automatically and sorts your app into categories. Moreover, its Ambient theme automatically changes the theme color to match the wallpaper. Using Smart Launcher best Launcher app for Android, you can break down the home screen into three easy elements: the icons, Smart Search and widgets. Not only this you can even switch search sources to use Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo and more using this fastest Android launcher.
- Adaptive icons
- Ultra-immersive mode to maximize screen space
- Smart Search
- Built-in clock and weather widget
- Easy customization options
- Hide apps and protect them with a PIN
- Configurable gestures and hotkeys
5. ADW Lawnchair v2 – Best Customizable Launcher App for Android
User Rating 4.4
ADW Lawnchair v2 successor of ADW Lawnchair is a remarkable launcher app for Android. With an updated UI this Android launcher has a lot to offer. Using this fast, easy to use ADW Lawnchair 2 you can make your own widget. Not only this, it supports unique features to change color according to the wallpaper. What more can you ask? If you are looking for a customizable launcher that helps change default Android Launcher, ADW Lawnchair v2 is a must-try best Launcher app for Android.
- Dynamic UI color using Wallpaper
- Fast scroll app drawer style
- New section to configure badges
- Easy way to manage screens by holding empty area on home screen
- Supports Android 7.1 launcher shortcuts
- User gesture management
6. Lawnchair 2 – Best Theme Launcher
User Rating 4.4
Different from most of the other launchers, Lawnchair v2 is an open-source Android launcher and has a lot to offer. It is the only Pixel launcher that offers features closely related to Google phones. Beyond customization options, this fastest launcher for Android offers a variable grid, customizable icon size, notification, etc. Other than this there is dark theme support. What made Lawnchair 2 get a place as best Android Launcher app is, being free this app doesn’t show ads or in-app purchases.
- Intuitive UI
- Variable icon size
- Dock customization
- Automatic dark mode
- Notification dots
- Customizable widgets supports adaptive icons
- Drawer category
7. Niagara Launcher – Minimalist Android Launcher
User Rating 4.2
Nominated as one of the best Android Launcher by Lifewire, Tom’s Guide, etc, this minimalist launcher for Android is capable of giving your phone a clutter-free whole new look. Niagra comes without bloatware or sponsored ads. Moreover, Niagra best Launcher app for Android has the ability to automatically quarantine, purge spam notifications. This is what makes it one of the best Android Launcher apps.
- Simplified list to access all apps instantly
- Lightweight and fast launcher app for Android
- See all notifications directly on the home screen
- Nice thematic effect
- Control music automatically
8. Action Launcher: Pixel Edition – Best Free Launcher App for Android
User Rating 4
If you are a fan of Pixel devices, Action Launcher is your best pick. This fastest Android launcher offers plenty of customization features to customize your phone’s home screen. Without paying for a Google Pixel you can experience stock Android with a Pixel twist.
Action Launcher makes it easy to get the home screen of your choice. From gesture controls to cover, shutters and hide folders Action Launcher the best customizable Android Launcher app has it all.
- Google Discover integration for all
- Quicktheme, Shutters, etc
- Inbuilt weather widget
- Customizable dock search box
- Smart icons to match Material Design
9. Evie Launcher – Best Launcher App
User Rating 4.6
With simple sophistication, Evie best Launcher app for Android cuts through the crowd. To try this launcher app for Android you just need a little time, no need to pay a single penny.
The default setup of Evie Launcher is simple, it features only four apps at the bottom and one search bar at the top. By default, this best and fastest Android launcher keeps the doc disabled and its default grid size is 5X6. This robust and promising launcher app is loved by users. And if the rumors about Google Now Launcher is right (it will soon be removed from Google Play Store), Evie will be the replacement for Google Now.
- Quick Navigation
- Allows creating custom shortcuts
- Search inside all apps using Universal search
- Wallpaper, icon, etc. customization
- Lock home screen icons
- Change search engine
- App drawer and folder grid customization
10. BlackBerry Launcher – Impressive launcher app for Android
User Rating 4
If you are among those who miss BlackBerry devices and their interface this Android Launcher is for you. BlackBerry launcher app for Android is a stable launcher that offers attractive pop-up widgets. Using it you can customize your Android device the way you want.
- BlackBerry pop-up widget
- Custom shortcut for speed dialing
- Add shortcuts easily to the home screen
- Hide apps from home screen
What’s your favorite launcher app for Android?
Hopefully, you enjoyed the list of the best Android launcher apps. Certainly, some readers might be using a different launcher or have something else in mind which makes sense. Do let us know which one your favorite launcher is. My personal favorite is Nova Launcher and I have been using it for quite a while. It had everything to offer and it is the most stable Android Launcher.
Let us know which one you choose by leaving us a comment.