Table of Contents
For long, VisiPics has been hailed as one of the best duplicate remover software and just like many other VisiPics fans, we too love how it works. However, in recent times, more VisiPics alternatives have emerged which offer more functionality, have a more modern outlook, and are speedier. In this blog, we will talk about such VisiPics alternatives.
Most of the alternatives to VisiPics mentioned below are dedicated duplicate photo cleaners. Having said, we have included few file cleaners as well. In those ways, not just you’ll have options to get rid of similar and identical photos on your computer, but you will also be able to deal with duplicate files as well.
Why Do I Need a Duplicate Photo Remover For Windows?
Every avid photographer or ever general user these days snaps hundreds and thousands of images. Needless to say, the computer or laptop is one of the prominent places where all these photos are stored. Now, the fact is you often don’t get a picture clicked right the first time, isn’t it? So what you do, you click several photographs, all of which are almost the same but some of them may have minute blemishes or glitches on them. And, eventually, even these imperfect images make their way into your computer’s storage. To exemplify the plight of duplicate photos read the scenario below –
|Consider this scenario –
Over the course of a wedding that lasted for few days, you captured hundreds if not thousands of impeccable photos. When you got back to your workstation, you transferred all of them to your PC. And, now came the daunting task – find the right images for further editing. Here, you had to deal with hundreds of your wedding’s images and several others that were already there on your computer. How would you smartly deal with this issue?
Also read: Best photo book service
When later you sit down to zero-down on that final image, even the imperfect ones, cropped ones, images with minute edits, come to the fore. You can’t just practically sieve out the right from the wrong when faced with such a huge lot of images. That’s when a duplicate photo removal software for Windows can make life simple for you.
Let’s make our lives simple and have a look at some of the best VisiPics alternatives –
Top Alternatives To VisiPics
1. Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro
Click Here To Download Duplicate Photo Fixer Pro Tool
A dedicated VisiPics alternative, Duplicate Photos Fixer makes it a child’s play to remove duplicate photos from your computer in no time at all.
- Easy to use, modern and engaging interface
- Several filters to differentiate photos on various aspects such as location, metadata, time, and many others
- Drag and drop functionality offered
- Helps you find exact and identical images
- Supports all major picture formats
- Results are neatly grouped and categorized
- It supports both internal and external devices
- Set auto-marking priorities
- Preview files before deleting them
2. Duplicate Photo Cleaner
Continuing with our list of best VisiPics alternatives, here is a tool that differentiates duplicate photos just like a human would. It doesn’t matter if you have edited or resized your images or have made any other changes, Duplicate Photo Cleaner will definitely find duplicate photos.
- Similarity threshold is highly customizable
- Same subject scan to sort a disheveled library
- Merge folders and compare them for duplicates
- Supports all popular and major file formats like TIFF, JPG, GIF, PNG, PSD, HEIF/ HEIC and many others
- You can manually choose the file format you want during scanning
- Find duplicates photos in Lightroom, Picasa and PaintShop
3. Duplicate Files Fixer
Click Here to Download Duplicate Files Fixer
Duplicates Files Fixer doesn’t just help you remove duplicate images from your computer, but if there are any duplicate files, they can’t be hidden from the eyes of this potent VisiPics alternative.
- Preview scanned files before deleting them
- See in real-time how much space is saved
- Supports all major file formats
- This utility too has auto-mark functionality which lets you zero down on the right duplicate images
- You can simply drag and drop files
4. Webminds Duplicate Photo Remover
Webminds Duplicate Photo Cleaner is one of the best VisiPics alternatives which offers easy-to-use tools and an efficient algorithm to track and delete images from your computer.
- Effective algorithm to analyze both identical and similar images
- The application analyzes image data, rather than just file name or size
- Support all major image formats – PSD and RAW included
- You can customize the tolerance threshold
- Easy to use and attractive interface
5. Awesome Duplicate Photo Finder
This duplicate photo remover software from Awesome is one of the best free VisiPics alternatives. Yes! And, just because it’s free, it doesn’t hold back on its features. In no time it can clean duplicate photos out of your gallery.
- Works well with all drives – internal and external
- Its powerful algorithm works its magic on both similar as well as identical images
- Small file size – i.e. 1 MB
- You can set minimum picture size
- You can even move images
- All major file formats such as BMP, PNG, GIF, JPG, GIF are supported
- Even compares edited pictures with black and white images as well
6. Quick Photo Finder
Duplicate photos reside in every nook and cranny of your computer and only an able tool can help pick out the right duplicates. That’s exactly our next VisiPic alternative, Quick Photo Finder does. It’s aptly named as its scanning speed is quite impressive.
- External devices are supported
- An intelligent algorithm that you can further combine with customizable matching criteria and filter out twin photos
- Auto-mark functionality eliminates chances of any errors
- Supports all major photo formats – JPEG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF and more
- Results are grouped and categorized
7. Duplicate Image Finder
Rotate, color-correct, crop or perform any other edits, if there is a redundant duplicate image, Duplicate Image Finder from MindGems will delete it for sure.
- Move and delete duplicate photos
- Open images in their associated programs
- Scan all mapped, network and external drives
- All major file formats are supported
- Use auto-marking functionality
- Preview images before deleting them
- Export results to CSV and XML
Amongst several duplicate copies of images, also lie the ones that have poor resolution. PictureEcho is a VisiPic alternative that lets you find out such duplicates with ease
- Simple and easy to use interface
- Easily remove similar as well as identical images
- Automark duplicates
- Scan Adobe Lightroom images as well
- Move files from within the interface
- Preview images before performing any action
9. dupeGuru Picture Edition
If you are looking for lunches (which in other cases cannot be found), you are in for a treat. dupeGuru picture edition is one of the best free VisiPics Alternatives which scans your complete computer for duplicate pictures.
- It has an interface which resembles quite like Windows file explorer
- See the matchness level of duplicates side by side
- Not just delete but you can even move images
- Preview images before deleting them
- Customizable filter hardness
- Supports both RAW and PSD files apart from the majority of image formats
Anti-Twin is not exactly a duplicate photo remover. It also scans your computer for duplicate music, texts and actually all things duplicate which can eat up your computer’s space.
- Pixel wise image comparison
- Slightly dated but simple interface
- You can even select the size of files you want to scan
- Customizable comparison methods
- Check for low-resolution images
- Preview files
Let not duplicate photos clutter your computer storage or completely overwhelm you at the eleventh hour, when you sit down to find the right image from the wrong or when you sit down for editing. Do give these VisiPics alternatives a spin and let us know which of these would you recommend to other users (especially the beginner photographers). For more such content keep reading Tweak Library. And, if you loved what we wrote, share it with other passionate photographers and other users.