Table of Contents
If you use Mozilla Firefox as your default browser, then might have encountered message while browsing the web – “A web page is slowing down your browser. What would you like to do”? Along with the error message, you also receive an option of Wait or to End It. This means you can either wait for the webpage to become responsive or can stop unresponsive webpage. But many at times both options don’t work for you and you need to end entire browsing session.
But is this the only solution? Obviously not. Because sometimes this too doesn’t work as Firefox gets stuck and becomes unresponsive. Now to get out of this situation close you need to kill the process from Task Manager. To avoid going through all this trouble, we have listed some tips in our article.
Fix for: A web page is slowing down your browser message in Firefox What would you like to do? Error message.
Basically, Firefox displays this error message when the webpage you are trying to run is loaded with graphics and animation. It’s not only the Windows user that encounter this message, even users using Firefox on other platforms have reported this issue. Now, to fix, “A web page is slowing down your browser message in Firefox What would you like to do?” error message, try the fixes listed below:
Fixes – A Web Page Slowing Down your Browser Firefox:
Update Graphics Card Driver:
It is always recommended to keep all PC drivers updated. As outdated drivers not only degrade PC’s performance but can also cause such errors. In this case you encounter: A web page is slowing down your browser message in Firefox What would you like to do? error message, when an outdated driver is unable to handle higher resolutions images, and videos. This problem can be resolved by updating display driver.
You can do this manually through Windows, Device Manager or can use Advanced Driver Updater. A single click tool to automatically update all your outdated drivers.
However, if you wish to update drivers manually follow the steps below:
1. Press Windows + R and in the run command box that open type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
2. This will open the Device Manager window.
3. In Device Manager expand Display adapters and right-click on the graphics driver.
4. From the drop-down menu select Update driver option.
5. In the new window that prompts select option, Search automatically for updated driver software. Now the Windows will search for the latest available driver and update it.
6. Once you have installed the latest driver, restart your computer for effects to take place.
Also Read: Top 6 Web Browsers for Windows
Clear Firefox’s Browsing Data and Cookies:
Cleaning browsing data and cookies of your browser from time to time not only provided additional data security but also makes browser run faster. As too many cache and cookies can slow down the browser and make it unresponsive.
Moreover, discrepancy between cache of website and its original data may cause this error message.
Therefore, the first step you need to follow is clear browsing data and cookies of your browser by following the steps below:
Steps to clean Firefox’s browser data and cookies:
1. Open Firefox and click on the menu icon on the top right corner of the browser. From the drop-down menu select Options.
2. In the new tab that opens click on Privacy & Security option. Now click on Clear Data in Cookies and Site Data option.
3. Now check mark the boxes, Cookies and Site Data and Cached Web Content and click on Clear.
This will clear all your cookies, cache and site data. Restart your browser to check whether the problem is resolved or not.
Disable Adobe Flash Protected Mode
If both the above solutions don’t work, then you might need to disable Adobe Flash Protected Mode by following the below-listed steps:
1. Launch the browser and click on the Menu located at top right corner. Now from the drop-down menu select Add-ons.
2. In the new tan that opens select the Plugins option to expand the complete list of all installed plugins.
3. Now in the Shockwave Flash, uncheck the box marked against Enable Adobe Flash protected mode.
4. Restart the browser for the changes to take effect.
Read Further: Best Tuneup utilities For Windows 10 In 2020
Modify Some Specific Settings on Firefox
Alternatively, you can try modifying some of the settings on Firefox. To do so follow the steps provided below:
1. Launch Firefox and in the address bar type about:config and hit Enter. A warning page will open. To proceed, click on I accept the risk.
2. Now in the search bar located at the top of the page, type processHang.
3. This will show these two entries dom.ipc.processHangMonitor and dom.ipc.reportProcessHangs.
4. Now right-click on both these entries, and from the drop-down menu select Toggle option to change the value from True to False.
5. Once done restart the browser to confirm whether the problem is fixed or not.
So, guys, this is all from our side. Hope the above-mentioned tips help you in fixing the error message, A web page is slowing down your browser message in Firefox.