As digital education has fueled online learning, students and teachers are looking forward to a dedicated platform to cater to their needs. To fulfill society’s demands, Microsoft has announced the new version of Windows called Windows 11 SE. This new version of Windows is a specially designed platform for educational institutions where learning will be more enjoyable.
What is Windows 11 SE?
Windows 11 SE is a concept introduced by Microsoft that is a cloud-first operating system designed for K-8 classrooms (up to age 14 or 8th grade), with a simplified design and controlled app installation. This version of Windows is specially designed to keep the needs of teachers and students in mind and is meant for educational use.
Windows 11 SE will boost the education industry with its promising features. Unlike Windows 11, Windows 11 SE does not have complexity like Windows 11 because it is an education-based platform where teachers and students will interchange ideas. Also, Windows 11 SE offers excellent management tools that would be appreciated by IT admins.
Also Read:- Windows 10 Vs Windows 11 – What We Can Anticipate
Features of Windows 11 SE:-
- Windows 11 SE offers only two snap layouts, wherein Windows 11offers six handy Snap Layout options.
- Windows 11 SE does not support Microsoft Store because it is meant for educational purposes; only useful apps will be supported. Although some authorized Win32 and UWP apps are supported.
- All the apps will be launched in full-screen mode by default in Windows 11 SE.
- Online and offline productivity backed up by the cloud
- Improved accessibility with touchscreen and voice typing
- Cloud-first device management supported by Intune and Azure Active Directory
- Simplified User Experience (UX) with the versatility of Windows tuned for education
- Foreground application boost.
System requirements of Windows 11 SE:-
Windows 11 SE is designed for educational purposes. Therefore, the system requirements are not very high.
- RAM– 4 GB RAM
- Processor– 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
- Graphics card– compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver
- Storage– 64 GB or greater
- TPM– TPM Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
- System firmware– UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- Display– High definition (720p) display, greater than 9-inch and 8 bits per color channel support
- Good Internet connection
- Microsoft account to activate all services
Can you install Apps on Windows 11 SE?
Windows 11 SE is designed for educational purposes to cater to digital education needs. To boost the educational sector, In Windows 11 SE, Microsoft Store has been removed from this version of Windows. To increase productivity and deal with disturbances, in Windows 11 SE, Microsoft Store has been removed that might take students off the track.
However, users can use web apps in Edge or any other browser. Also, there are various valuable apps like Zoom Meeting, which are necessary to conduct meetings. Such apps can be installed on Windows 11 SE and managed through Intune for education.
Intune for education is a Microsoft-owned cloud-based Mobile Device Management (MDM) service that lets the admin manage students’ devices.
Windows 11 SE supports Win32 and UWP apps in the following categories for educational purposes:-
- Test-taking solution
- Apps used to facilitate classroom communication
- Browsers to explore content on the internet
- Accessibility apps
- Content-filtering apps
How is Windows 11 SE Different from Windows 11?
Windows 11 SE comes with minimum tools specially designed for educational purposes. Unlike Windows 11, Windows 11 SE is designed to nourish the needs of educational institutions. Windows 11 SE has no widget panel so that no distraction takes place while studying. The new version has been kept simple with access to useful apps only. This will ensure that students get distracted and do not involve in any other fuss outside the syllabus.
Can a user install Windows 11 SE on a PC?
Currently, Windows 11 SE is not available for PC because Microsoft has not published any such images that support v in PC.
An official statement from Microsoft says that “most customers buying personal devices would not want the app and management restrictions that these devices come with, so stores are not likely to sell them.”
Is it possible to switch from Windows 11 SE to Windows 11 Pro or Home?
No, you can not switch to any other version of Windows from Windows 11 SE. educational institutions will provide the laptop solely for teachers and students and not for any other purpose.
Also Read:- How To Optimize Windows 11 For Ultimate Performance
Windows 11 SE Compatible Laptops:-
Windows 11 SE will ship with the below-mentioned models.
- Surface Laptop SE
- Dynabook E10-S
- Lenovo 100w Gen3
- Asus BR1100F
- Acer TravelMate B3
- Dell Latitude 3120 2-in-1
- Dell Latitude 3120
- Asus BR1100C
- Lenovo 14w Gen2
- Lenovo 300w Gen3
- Acer TravelMate Spin B3
Windows 11 SE is a platform designed to deliver quality education to students. With the help of Windows 11 SE, digital education will be promoted, which is in the trend nowadays. Microsoft’s challenge in promoting Windows 11 SE will be the partnership with educational institutions like schools, colleges, and coaching centers to promote Windows 11 SE. If all goes well, we will soon see the new version of Windows that will boost the education sector.
Leave a Reply