Apple has maintained a reputation for its tightly integrated ecosystem since its inception. The tech giant is known for its in-house approach, where they have dedicated hardware for Apple software.
However, if you are wondering whether you can watch Apple TV on Android, the answer is Yes. Surprisingly, it’s accessible to individuals beyond the Apple ecosystem, albeit with certain limitations. So, the burning question is, can you really watch Apple TV on the Android smartphones? Does Apple TV have a dedicated Android app?
This article lists different ways to access Apple TV on Android devices, like smartphones, tablets, or smart TVs.
If a standalone app exists, unfortunately, the answer is NO. However, with the detailed guide below, you can still enjoy Apple TV content on your Android smartphones and tablets using your web browser.
How to Watch Apple TV on an Android Phone or Tablet:
- Navigate to the Apple TV website on the browser using your Android device.
- Sign in using the same Apple ID username and password associated with your Apple TV+ subscription.
- You will be directed to the primary Apple TV+ interface, which displays a comprehensive list of available shows and movies on the platform. If you have been watching on other devices, it will also present your “Up Next” queue, including content in progress and upcoming selections.
- You can do the same by tapping the menu icon in the top-left corner.
- Once you have searched for the content, tap on it directly or click the “Play” or “Resume” buttons. Click on “Add to Up Next.” if you want to save something for later viewing, select
- Onscreen controls provide various options, including play/pause, skipping forward and backwards, entering fullscreen mode, enabling subtitles, and more.
How to Watch the Apple TV App on an Android TV:
If you have an Android TV, the experience of watching Apple TV on it is far better than viewing it on an Android smartphone. The reason is simple – an official Apple TV app designed for Android TV is readily available for download via the Google Play store.
Here’s the step-by-step guide on how to enjoy Apple TV on your Android TV:
- Install the Apple TV app on your Android device using Play Store.
- Open Apple TV app and click on the gear-shaped icon.
- Here, select “Accounts.”
- Choose “Sign In.”
- You will be asked to sign-in using two options: “Sign In on This TV” or “Sign In on Mobile Device”.
- If you choose “Sign In on Mobile Device,” sign in using the provided QR code or by visiting the URL on the screen. When prompted, enter the Apple ID associated with your Apple TV+ subscription.
- The primary screen of the Apple TV+ app, will display the available shows and movies, along with previews of upcoming content.
- Explore the content available on both Apple TV+ content and movies and TV shows from iTunes.
- Select the content you wish to view and press either “Play” or “Resume.”
By following these steps, you can easily watch Apple TV content on your Android TV, enhancing your entertainment experience on the big screen.
How Does Apple TV Work on Android Devices?
The possibility of watching Apple TV on an Android device exists.. However, does the Apple TV app work smoothly on Android? Does it provide a satisfying user experience? How can you access Apple TV on Android smartphones? It’s important to note that the Android version of the app has its set of limitations, making it less than ideal for accessing Apple TV content. Let’s have a look at the pros and cons of using Apple TV on Android.
- It is free to use.
- you can view all the content on other devices if you have a paid subscription.
- It does not require any third-party app.
- Issues with seamless optimization.
- You may get limited functionality.
- Downloading offline content is not possible.
- Frequent bug and lagging problems.
While using the Apple TV app on Android devices is feasible, you must be aware of these pros and cons to manage your expectations regarding the overall user experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
While Apple does not provide any dedicated app to view Apple TV content, there are workarounds using which one can enjoy Apple TV content on Android devices. If you know any other methods to watch Apple TV content on your Android devices like mobile, tablet and Android TV, do share with us in the comments section below.