Finally, after a long wait, Apple and WhatsApp have partnered to allow you to move your WhatsApp data and information from an Android phone to an iPhone. About 10 months after the official announcement, WhatsApp began offering the possibility to send data from Android phones to iPhones.
Apple and WhatsApp collaborated to make the capability available in Apple’s Move to iOS app. Technically, it is still in beta. The beta feature, which enables users to move data from an Android smartphone to an iPhone, is being pushed out in phases and will be available to all customers in approximately a week.
Read Also: How to Customize the iPhone Lock Screen in iOS 16
Points to be Considered Before a User Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone
- On your Android smartphone, you must have an Android version 5 Lollipop or higher.
- An iPhone with iOS 15.5 installed.
- Install the Move to iOS application on your Android Smartphone.
- To transfer data, customers must have the same phone number on their iPhone as they have on their Android phone.
- The Android smartphone must be linked to the iPhone’s hotspot connection, or both devices must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
- The devices must also be linked to a power supply to allow data to be sent.
- Because the procedure works through the Move to iOS software, the iPhone on which the WhatsApp data must be transferred must be brand new or be a factory reset one.
- Download the most recent version of WhatsApp on your iPhone and Android smartphone.
Read Also: 10 Best Measurement Apps For Android and iPhone in 2022
|Note: Make sure you’re using WhatsApp iOS version 126.96.36.199 or above. WhatsApp must be version 188.8.131.52 or above on Android.|
These are the requirements for transferring WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone.
WhatsApp Data transfer from Android to iPhone
Now that you’ve met all of the prerequisites, here’s how to move WhatsApp conversations from Android to iPhone:
- Install the most recent version of WhatsApp and Move to iOS application on your Android smartphone.
- Open the Move to iOS app on your smartphone and complete the on-screen instructions.
- On your iPhone, a code will appear. Enter this code on your smartphone when asked.
- Tap the “Continue” button and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.
- When the data transfer page pops up, choose WhatsApp.
- Then, on your Android smartphone, press “Start” and wait for WhatsApp to collect the data required for export.
- Back towards the Move to iOS application by tapping “Next.”
- To initiate the transfer, press Continue.
Transferring all of your files would take some time. Once the transfer is complete, Move to iOS application will notify you. After you’ve completed the above steps, go to the App Store and download the current version of WhatsApp for your iPhone. For entering into the application, you must use the same phone number that you used on your prior smartphone. After that, the application will ask you to tap Start to finish the transfer on the iPhone.
Read Also: How to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iPhone?
Transfer WhatsApp Chats/Messages from Android to iPhone
With the help of the above-mentioned steps, you can quickly transfer your WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone easily. You can now continue your conversations on your new iPhone. So, let us know if you have already tried the method and share your experiences with us.
FAQs:- How to Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android
1. What data does WhatsApp transfer?
The Data that WhatsApp transfers is your:
- Account Info
- Profile Photo
- Individual Chats
- Group Chats
- Chat History
WhatsApp explicitly says that you cannot transfer your:
- Call History
- Display Name
2. Can I move my WhatsApp data without Factory Reset?
No, you cannot transfer WhatsApp data without a Factory reset. Because your WhatsApp data is encrypted on your iPhone’s physical storage, you can rest assured that neither Apple nor WhatsApp will read your information.
3. Will my Android smartphone still have my data?
Yes, your data will not be destroyed until you specifically request it or wipe your phone clean.
4. Is my data private and secure?
Leave a Reply