Table of Contents
AirPods are known for their sound quality and other exceptional features, and the best part is that they can even be enjoyed by Windows users as well. We have already talked about how you can connect Apple AirPods to your Windows PC.
But, what if despite trying everything in your capacity, you find that AirPods are not connecting to Windows 10? Worry not, in this blog we’ll have a look at some effective steps that will help you get over the “AirPods not working windows 10” issue.
Before we proceed with the troubleshooting steps, here are the kind of issues that you might face when trying to connect AirPods to Windows 10 –
Kinds of Issues You Might Face When AirPods Don’t Work Correctly On Windows 10 –
When AirPods cease to work as they should, users come across the following types of issues.
- AirPods are connected but no sound can be heard on Windows 10 laptop or PC
- AirPods are paired but not connected to Windows 10
- One AirPod is working whereas the other is not
- AirPods frequently disconnecting from Windows 10
Ways To Fix AirPods Not Connecting To Windows 10
The below mentioned fixes can cater to a variety of issues that can stop you from enjoying AirPods on your Windows 10 PC –
– Check If You Have The Latest Firmware
Agreed that updating Windows to the latest version or even upgrading Windows 10 Bluetooth drivers is one of the best ways to fix AirPods not connecting to Windows 10. Having said that, if your AirPods’ firmware is outdated, it might become incompatible with devices, for instance, Windows 10.
So, how do you check your AirPods firmware and update it?
- Open Settings on your iPhone
- Head to the Bluetooth menu
- Locate your AirPods in the given list of devices
- Tap on the i next to your AirPods. You will get the About section. Check the firmware.
Note: However, if your AirPods are connected, click i next to your AirPods. On the next screen, locate the About section to check the Firmware.
- If your Firmware is updated to the latest version, it’s perfectly fine, but, if not, the update should install when you connect your iPhone via Bluetooth
– Update Bluetooth Drivers
Now, we have mentioned that upgrading Bluetooth drivers is one of the best moves to resolve AirPods not working on Windows 10 or even if you face issues like AirPods seen connected but you still can’t hear sounds. One of the easiest ways to update or install the latest Bluetooth drivers is to use third-party driver updater software.
It is one utility that can take the headache of searching for the right drivers. Using this driver updater tool, you can easily install and update the right drivers for Windows, and that too in just a few simple clicks.
How Does Advanced Driver Updater Work?
Download Advanced Driver Updater
- Download, install and launch Advanced Driver Updater
- Click on Start Scan Now
- From the list of outdated drivers select your outdated Bluetooth driver
- Click on the Update driver option and wait for the process to complete.
Other Reasons To Choose Advanced Driver Updater
- You can create a backup of old drivers before updating them
- Restore backup in case something goes wrong
- Schedule driver scan at your desired time
- Exclude unused or unwanted drivers from the scanning list
– Set Your AirPods As Your Default Communications Device
Quite possibly, you have not set AirPods as your default communications device. This step is especially known to be effective in case AirPods not connecting to Windows 10 or AirPods mic not working –
- Right-click on the sound icon present at the bottom right corner of your Taskbar
- Click on Sounds
- Click on the Playback tab (if you haven’t yet) and then right-click on the AirPods and choose Set as Default Communication Device
Note: Your Device (AirPods) must be connected for the set as default function to work, or it will be greyed out
– Keep Your Windows Up To Date
With every update, Microsoft aims at patching issues and vulnerabilities. And, as reported by many users, AirPods not connecting to Windows 10 could be one of them. To update Windows 10, steps are mentioned below –
- Press Windows + I to open Settings
- Click on Update & Security and click on Windows Update
- From the right-hand side click on Check for updates
- If the update is available, fetch the updates
Restart your PC and now check if you can connect AirPods to Windows 10 and if they are working just fine on your computer.
– Pair AirPods To Your Computer Again
Maybe you are not able to connect AirPods to your computer because of some fault in the Bluetooth module of your computer. If that is the case, you can again try and add AirPods Pro to your computer and check if you have been able to resolve the issue –
- First, unpair your AirPods and make sure that they are not connected to any other device as well
- Put the AirPods back in the case and hold the pairing button. While holding the pairing button, open the case’s lid and wait till you see a green light blinking
- Now, release the pairing button
- In your Windows search bar type Bluetooth and other devices settings
- From the right-hand side click on Add Bluetooth or other device
- Select Sounds and then move to the Playback tab
- Right-click on AirPods Pro Stereo and select Default Device
- Repeat the process mentioned check if now your microphone is working correctly
– Use A Third-Party Bluetooth Adapter
It’s quite a possibility that your inbuilt Bluetooth adapter is unable to accommodate AirPods which is why you are facing all the different kinds of issues. And, if even after trying the above steps, you find that the AirPods are still not working on your Windows 10 laptop or PC, you can give a third-party Bluetooth adapter a spin. Many users have reported that buying and using a Bluetooth adapter fixed issues.
Are your AirPods working fine on Windows 10? Or, more specifically, are you now able to connect AirPods to Windows 10? If yes, which of the above methods worked wonders for you. If you liked what you read, do give this blog a thumbs up and for more such updates keep reading Tweak Library.