Win 10 dark mode has given a lot of advantages straight from your health to your system’s battery life. But according to our readers, there is a glitch with Windows file explorer’s dark theme. Sometimes, Windows dark mode doesn’t get completely applied on the explorer and resulting in drop-down menus and text to appear in white.
But you don’t need to panic! We have the best solutions for you to deal with Windows 10 dark theme issues.
Best Methods To Deal With Windows 10 Dark Mode
Method 1 – Check Windows Latest Updates
Windows dark theme wouldn’t work with an out-of-date Windows. Therefore, make sure your system is up-to-date with the recent Windows updates. You can also check Windows update through Win key and R to launch Windows Run Box. Now, enter `Winver”. In the dialoge box, you will get the Windows version. If its shows version as 1909 it is updated, if not install the new updates.
Below are the methods to check Windows latest updates.
- Press Win logo key and I to launch Windows settings.
- Here, Tap on Update & Security and on the right pane, there is the option to check for Windows update, tap on it to continue.
- Now Windows will start scanning the latest updates and later install them for you.
This is how you can install the latest Windows update and can get rid of Windows explorer dark mode issues.
Also Read: How To Uninstall Windows 10 Updates
Method 2 – Run SFC & DISM Scan
SFC is a System File Checker, that ensures there are no damaged or corrupted files left in your system. Additionally, DISM stands for Deployment Image Servicing and Management that helps in offering services to Windows images and virtual hard disk.
We will execute both scans in Command Prompt through commands. Below are the methods to proceed.
- Search Command Prompt in the Cortana Search and run it as administrator.
- Now enter “sfc /scannow” and hit enter.
- Once the verification is completed, check the issue with Windows explorer dark theme is still there.
If this SFS doesn’t help with solving this issue, you can try with the DISM command. Below are the steps to follow:
- Relaunch command prompt with the admin rights (Like You Did in Above Method)
- Enter “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth” and let the process complete.
- Again enter the following command “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth”
Once the process is completed, check the glitches on Windows 10 dark mode is there or get resolved.
Method 3 – Manually Modify Registries
In this method, we will manually edit Windows registries in order to solve Windows 10 file explorer dark theme. This method will be done through the Windows Registry Tool. Below are the steps to proceed.
Note- it is helpful to take System file backup because we are proceeding with the manual method, by which you may lose data. You can refer below the attached blog for the same.
- Launch run box by pressing Win key + R together.
- Enter, “regedit” and hit enter.
- Enter the following path in the address bar “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize”
- As you can see there is an option of “AppUseLightTheme”, right-click on it and tap on “Modify”
- Enter 0 in the Value Data and tap on Ok. Refer to the below image.
- Now, exit the Windows Registry Editor by first clicking on File and then Exit.
Now you can check whether the file explorer dark theme is there or not.
Method 4- Switch Windows Default Theme
This is why Windows is best because it gives us plenty of options to customize and now Windows 10 dark mode is like the icing on the cake. All of these themes have their own color palette, but it may also interfere in the Windows 10 file explorer dark theme. Hence it is important to switch with a default theme and then apply Windows 10 dark theme.
- Head to the Windows Settings by pressing Win key and I together.
- Tap on Personalization. On the left side, there is an option of Theme, tap on it to proceed.
- Now choose the default Windows theme.
You can again enable Win 10 dark mode and check with Windows explorer dark theme glitch.
Method 5- Create New User Account/ Login and Logout
In this method, we will try creating a new user account, because of corrupted account, Windows explorer dark mode won’t work. Below are the steps to try:
- Launch Windows Settings and then tap on Accounts.
- On the left side pane, there is an option of Family & other people, tap on it to continue.
- Look on the right-side pane, there tap on “Add Someone Else To this PC”
- Here, tap on I don’t have this person’s sign-in information and then Add a user without a Microsoft account.
Once the process of creating a new account is completed, check Windows dark theme now works on your explorer.
If it still doesn’t work, then there might be an issue related to Windows login account. The best solution to this is to log-out and then login with our user account. Tap on the Start icon and then click on your profile picture. Choose “Sign out” as shown in the below image.
Again login your account and check Windows 10 dark theme is now there on your system.
Does Your Windows 10 Dark Mode Activate?
We understand Windows 10 dark theme is best because of its appearance and the way we have a color palette to customize it. Windows dark theme has its own benefits which include your eye health and System’s battery life.
We hope now you will be able to solve Windows 10 file explorer dark themes glitches easily with our mentioned methods. If you have any other better way regarding Windows 10 dark theme or you have used other fix to deal with Windows explorer dark theme, tell us in the comment section below.
Hope you will like this article and if you haven’t subscribed to our social media platforms, subscribe it now. Don’t forget to share this blog with your friends and family! Yes, we are open for conversation.