Table of Contents
You don’t want to hear it, I am sure. It is shocking as well, but the reality is that our cellphones carry more germs than a toilet seat. Don’t get surprised, it is true! Earlier, it was advised that after flu or cold symptoms, you must wipe your phone with disinfectant. We might have ignored this advice by now, but today, when novel Covid-19 is prevailing amidst us, it is necessary to sanitize your phone.
It is known that common viruses can survive on your phone’s surface for up to 9 days, depending on environmental conditions. And one thing is sure; it is not practically possible for anyone to stay away from the phone for such a prolonged duration. Once you touch other objects after using your phone, you and your phone become the transmitter automatically.
Also Read: How to clean android phone 2020
With this piece, we would like to tell you how to disinfect your phone along with other essentials.
How To Sanitize Your Phone?
Step 1: Prepare
Switch off your phone and take it out of the cover.
Step 2: Dry Wipe
Take a microfibre cloth and gently wipe the phone without using any disinfectant for once. It will remove the dirt and other minute particles easily and gives you clear space for further process. Since microfibre cloth can take away all grease and is lint-free, it is best to avoid paper towel or washcloth.
Step 3: Disinfectant Wipes
It is necessary to check that the product or ready to use wipe is not too wet to use. When you are looking for how to clean your phone correctly, make sure that the wipe gets a little dry on the other end, and you can wipe the whole phone nicely, starting from the screen side. Also, make sure that no ports are damaged in the scene and avoid touching the ports.
Step 4: Drying Your Phone
Keep your phone aside for 5 minutes and let the solution above it work properly. In a matter of minutes, your phone will be ready to use again.
Step 5: How To Disinfect Phone Case?
Wait, do not just put your phone back in the case without disinfecting the case. Repeat steps 2 to 4 once again and apply it on your case as well. Once done, you can start using both of them again.
Also, maintain good hygiene practices like covering your mouth during sneezing and coughing and wash your hands with soap during regular intervals.
Alternatives To Disinfectant Wipes
If your supply run of disinfectant wipes has gone low, it’s time to use other solutions.
- Alcohol & Water solution: Mix 40% rubbing alcohol with 60% water to make a solution. Use microfiber to dip into it, dry the cloth and wipe the phone screen.
- UV Light Sterilizer: If you set your phone in a UV cleaner for about 6-8 minutes, you are easily free from any viruses in no time.
Also Read: How Coronavirus Infecting your System
Things To Keep In Mind Everyday
Whether you are ready to clean your phone with alcohol/wipes or merely learning how to clean or disinfect your phone correctly, some tips shall be kept in mind.
- Avoid using phones on public transport! Though we understand that you love to spend your traveling time while scrolling your phones, but it is best to avoid it. As you touch railings, handles, knobs and poles, there are high chances that you might come in contact with the virus.
- Leave your phones outside the bathroom! As the area is highly prone to bacterias and viruses and you might come in contact with them. Make sure you don’t touch your phone without washing hands after using the bathroom.
- Do not keep your phone anywhere in the gym, be it equipment or accessories. Choose to tie it on a strap band or safely place it in the locker room.
- While you cook, it is best to keep the recipes printed out instead of scrolling through the recipe while cooking.
How Often Should Phones Be Sanitized?
Sanitizing your phone twice or more than that in a week is good. When you also take care of other things that we have mentioned above, sanitizing the phone twice is also enough.
Also Read: 6 Technology Tips To Help You With COVID-19
Things Should Not Be Used To Clear Phone Screen
Sometimes, we do not understand the importance of electronic devices and the use of other kinds of disinfectants on the same. One must altogether avoid cleaning their phones with:
- Makeup removals
- Kitchen cleaner
- Windowpane cleaner
- Compressed air
- Dish soap or hand soap
Various phone companies, including Apple, have strictly advised not to use any of the above solutions to stay away from viruses.
Phone Sanitized, Now Play Safe!
We believe that once you know how to sanitize your phone and other issues that viruses are bringing in our lives, you will act safer. Moreover, remember that your awareness matters the most during this critical period of quarantine.
Stay safe; stay inside!