Table of Contents
Mac Cleaners are dedicated utilities primarily designed to speed up system & enhance performance for smoother running. The time you bought your first MacBook, it promises incredible speed & quick operations. But today, in all these months of use & stored collection of photos, videos & apps, it has started to yield sluggish behavior. Meanwhile, you might be getting constant notification, saying “Your Disk Is Almost Full!”
To get rid of such performance lags & enjoy smooth running, you need a strong Mac Cleaning Software! It would help you to thoroughly clean & maintain your Apple’s computer health.
But before we go ahead, here are some factors that we can consider when we select a mac cleaner software.
Also Read: How To Detect and Remove Spyware On Mac
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Mac Cleaner & Optimizer Software:
There are a variety of points that you need to consider while investing in the right Mac Cleaning & Optimization Program. Make sure you choose the one that has the following functionalities:
1. One-Click Cleaning = Ability to instantly identify & delete obsolete and useless files in a single click that hampers overall performance.
2. Junk File Cleaning = Run a comprehensive scan to find junk files, caches, logs & other clutter.
3. App Uninstaller = Helps in uninstalling multiple applications alongside their belonging files.
4. Startup Manager = Disable or remove needles startup items to improve overall boot time.
5. Background Process Killer = An easy way to preserve CPU processing power by closing unnecessary background processes.
6. Duplicate File Remover = Provides a hassle-free way to find & delete duplicate photos, videos, audios, docs & more.
7. Old Downloads Manager = Get rid of old & partially downloaded files that unnecessarily eat lots of storage space.
8. File Shredder = Permanently remove sensitive files/folders and make them unrecoverable.
These are some significant functionalities that an ideal Mac Cleaner & Optimizer should possess.
Also Read: 10 Best Uninstaller for Mac to Remove Apps
Which Are The Best Mac Cleaner Software In The Market?
Here’s a rundown to the most ideal Mac Junk Cleaner & Optimizer tools that can you try to free up huge chunks of space & boost speed!
Top 3 Recommended Table:
|Disk Clean Pro
|Cleanup My System
Here’s the complete list of features & benefits that all these Top 11 Mac Cleaning Software brings to speed up system & boost performance.
List of Contents
Comparison of Top 12 Best Cleaners For Mac: Free and Paid versions
|Top 12 Best Mac Cleaner||Score||Highlights||Price||Size||Version|
||Free/$34.95 Per Year||77.5 MB||4.8.2|
|Disk Clean Pro||8.5/10||
||$23.99 Per Year||2.1 MB||11.2.3|
|Cleanup My System||10/10||
||Free/$34.99 Per Year||21 MB||2.0|
||Free/$19.95 Per Year||–||18.30|
||Free/$49.95 Per Year||33.6 MB||8.0.5|
|Dr. Cleaner Pro||8/10||
||$19.99 Per Year||26.25 MB||1.3.3|
||Free/$9.99 Per Year||7.6 MB||4.12.1|
1. CleanMyMac X
CleanMyMac X takes the second place in our list of Best Mac Cleaner Software 2021 with a good reason. The Mac Optimizer comes packed with a bunch of utilities that fulfills the qualities of an ideal cleaning & antimalware tool. The application works similar to what it claims, clear junk files, logs, temporary files & other trash that are making mac run slow. You can find tons of features to optimize & protect mac.
- Find & remove hidden junk, useless background app & other heavy memory consumers.
- Instantly block adware, malicious content, virus extensions & browser pop-ups.
- Shred files that you dont wish anyone to revive.
- Offers a useful set of tools in one package such as macOS cleaner, performance monitor & malware remover.
- Optimize storage space by removing temporary files, useless parts of apps & other odds left behind after uninstalling.
- Free version available but restricts cleaning up to a maximum size of 500 MB.
- Works as an all-in-package to clean and optimize your Mac
- Offers one-click cleaning to save time
- In addition to effective cleaning, it protects your system from all existing & emerging malware threats
- Bit overpriced
- Free version only cleans 500 MB of junk
|Reasons To Get CleanMyMac X:
2. Disk Clean Pro
Disk Clean Pro is undoubtedly the best-in-class Mac Cleaner that offers a bunch of optimization utilities, all packed in an affordable solution. The best Mac Cleaner Software has a One-Click-Care maintenance option that helps you scan, analyze & optimize your Mac to get rid of redundant & obsolete data to recover a substantial amount of storage space.
Click Here to Install Disk Clean Pro
- Loaded with special tools to declutter your Mac & recover huge storage space in one-go.
- Dedicated Junk Cleaner, Logs Cleaner, and Partial Downloads Manager to ensure no redundant data gets collected and slow down your system.
- To keep your Mac in tip-top shape it offers practical utilities like Duplicates Finder, Tools to remove Old, Unused Files & Large files that occupy the largest space.
- Additionally, it helps you manage old downloaded files & their associated data.
- Budget-friendly Mac Cleaning & Optimization Software.
- Fast & thorough cleaning to keep your Mac in tip-top shape.
- One-click maintenance to get rid of redundant data & speed up Mac in one-go.
- None as such for a Mac Cleaner that comes at just $4.99 packed with advanced utilities.
|Reasons To Get Disk Clean Pro:
3. Cleanup My System
Cleanup My System, designed and developed by Systweak Software is an excellent utility for optimizing your Mac’s performance and enhancing overall speed in no time. The application features tons of modules dedicated to clean up, speed up, and privacy protection. It even features an all-around optimization feature, One Click Care that allows users to scan and clean unnecessary accumulated files such as caches, junk files, trash items, local mail attachments, and more.
Download Cleanup My System
- Top-notch Mac junk cleaner to free up unnecessary occupied storage space.
- Ability to uninstall old/useless/unwanted applications in bulk alongside their
- Manage launch agents and login items conveniently to improve overall boot time.
- Securely list and wipe out privacy and identity exposing traces.
- Deletes old and large files that are probably no use to use & take a lot of space.
- Fresh & intuitive dashboard.
- Dedicated One Click Care to clean & optimize Mac in a single click.
- See what’s taking most of the space on your machine.
- Capable of removing broken preferences files & old document versions.
- Affordable Mac cleaning & optimization suite to use in 2021.
- Lacks compatibility with other operating systems.
|Reasons To Get Cleanup My System:
Popular Cleaning & Optimization Utility, CCleaner by Piriform has to be included in this list of Best Mac Cleaners of 2021. The software offers both free & professional versions, equipped with all the essential tools required by a user. It’s undoubtedly a great mac utility if you want to boost a significant amount of speed & maintain your machine for a longer run.
- Professional, quick & easy-to-use to speed up slow running Mac.
- Real-time monitoring & automatic browser cleaning & updating possible with the premium version.
- Remove junk, unused data, cookies & files that are decreasing the performance of a Mac.
- Clean browsing history timely & manage to save passwords for secure surfing.
- Capable of scaling thousands of files in one go to attain peak performance in a single scan.
- Standard features like Duplicate finder, Startup Manager & Mac Uninstaller are also available.
- Complete suite for cleaning and optimizing your Mac
- Full customization options to refine your scan results
- Offers real-time monitoring to keep your system safe from unwanted data
- You need to upgrade to its paid version if you want effective cleaning
- Lacks on advanced security and malware protection features
|Reasons To Get CCleaner:
BuhoCleaner is the fastest and most affordable Mac cleaning app. Dr.Buho developed it to clean up your Mac and improve your Mac performance. What it can do for you includes system junk cleaning, application uninstallation, large and duplicate file removal, memory release, startup program management, and more. With this handy tool, you can keep your Mac hard drive storage fit and always running blazingly fast.
- Clean and speed up your Mac in a few clicks.
- Completely uninstall the apps you don’t need.
- Disk space analyzer makes it easy to know which files and folders are using the most space.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Practical and affordable.
- Runs quicker than similar apps.
- Lifetime free upgrades.
- 24/7 sales and technical support.
- Removes up to 3GB of files for free.
|Reasons To Get MacCleaner Pro:
6. MacBooster 8
This powerful best Mac Cleaner offers not only standard disk clean-up features, like duplicates cleaning, deleting large files, recovering tons of space or general performance-boosting ways. But it also presents functionalities to perform virus & malware scanning to keep your mac machine free from malicious & security threats.
- One-stop Mac maintenance utility to clean over 20+ types of junk files.
- Remove Mac malware & provides all-round virus, spyware, adware protection.
- Deep System Cleanup.
- Remove large & old files to reclaim huge space on mac.
- Turbo Boost to fix several disk permission issues & optimize disk space for peak performance.
- Available for 14-day free trial, so that you can get to know how the super mac cleaner works.
- It deep scans your system storage to offer complete cleaning.
- suitable tool for users with smaller SSD hard disks.
- It speeds up your boot process significantly.
- Some users have noticed security issues with the app.
- Free version isn’t that effective.
|Reasons To Get MacBooster 8:
7. MacCleaner Pro
Next on our list of Top 10 Best Mac Cleaners & Optimizers include – MacCleaner Pro by Nektony. The application is a pretty convenient solution to keep your computer clean, improve its speed and boost overall productivity. MacCleaner Pro is equipped with almost all the features needed in an ideal Mac cleaning & optimization utility. You can find tools to disable browser extensions, manage startup programs, clean duplicate files, remove unnecessary localization files, clear Trash items, remove old/partial downloads, and whatnot.
- Provides a handy set of modules to speed up your Mac & manage disk space with ease.
- It offers tools to free up RAM, disable launch agents, reindex Spotlight & Mail.
- It provides fast cleanup tools to remove caches, language files, and downloads in a single click.
- Helps in uninstalling multiple Mac applications without any hassles.
- Easily locate and clean hidden junk files, caches & cookies to speed up overall performance.
- A complete suite of cleaning & speed-up tools.
- Provides an easy way to analyze disk space.
- Finds & deletes the old & large files easily.
- Clear and intuitive interface.
- The price is a bit high as compared to other Mac Cleaners.
|Reasons To Get MacCleaner Pro:
8. Disk Doctor
Disk Doctor has been awarded as the ‘Mac Gem’ when it comes to disk cleaning utility. The application helps in finding and removing tons of unneeded files from your Mac within a few minutes. Disk Doctor comes with Quick & Robust Scanning that helps users to unclog program caches, logs, browser data, failed mail downloads, partial downloads and large files over 100 MB.
- Excellent junk cleaner for Mac to remove a wide variety of unnecessary files.
- Supports removing incomplete downloads, message attachments, temp files, application leftovers, browser caches, login items, and whatnot.
- Automatically scans your disk and groups them into 20 different categories to help you analyze what needs to be removed to reclaim space.
- Offers both Dark & Light Themes. You can customize it according to your choice.
- Comes with a Free Demo Version, so that you can easily decide whether the Mac Cleaner & Optimizer is worth the investment or not.
- Stunning Retina Design & super user interface.
- In-depth cleaning to recover tons of storage space.
- Supports cleaning Trash Can & old iOS software updates as well.
- Receives frequent upgrades.
- Free Demo Versions allow you to Scan your drive only.
|Reasons To Get Disk Doctor:
Last in the list, but not into consideration, Onyx is a versatile free mac cleaner that can verify the structure of file system on the startup, repair regular disk issues, empty system trash, font caches, mail indexes and more. Seeing its first look, Onyx might feel overwhelming with all its rich selection of tools, but it gets pretty useful when you start exploring it.
- In-depth cleaning & maintenance tools, making it one of the best free mac cleaners in the market.
- Offers a bunch of macOS utilities such as storage manager, screen sharing, network diagnosis & so on.
- Has certain hidden settings that can easily be accessed using Terminal.
- One of the most noticeable features of Onyx is its accuracy, with which it unearths junkies very quickly. Hence, you have less clutter to survive.
- Offers some of the most advanced features for free
- Offers tons of useful features for complete cleaning
- With network diagnosis feature, it offers more stable network to perform more tasks
- Customer support needs to be improved
- Lack of security related features
|Reasons To Get Onyx:
10. Dr. Cleaner Pro
Dr. Cleaner Pro does an excellent job of cleaning your mac quickly & efficiently. It features a complete suite of cleaning & monitoring tools that works well to scan & clean junk, big old files, duplicates, login items & more. Using Dr. Cleaner Pro you can analyze the disk usage effectively, remove unneeded apps & delete files securely to make in unrecoverable.
- Clean & systemized interface, suiting both beginners & pro users.
- Has both free & paid versions of Mac Cleanup Software.
- For standard versions like smart scanning, mac junk cleaner, big files remover, you can check out the free (trial) version.
- To use modules like Duplicates cleaning, app management & file shredding, you have to switch to the premium version of Mac Optimizer.
- Displays a Disk Map module to provide a visual repetition of what’s taking up your Mac Storage.
- Offers More Tools to speed up mac.
- It works on a simple & intuitive interface to deliver seamless user experience.
- Single click scan and cleaning option to save time.
- It also helps you clean cloud storage in addition to local disk storage.
- Not suitable for advanced users
- Low user ratings
|Reasons To Get Dr. Cleaner Pro:
DaisyDisk is another recommendable Mac System Cleaner of 2021. It features a visual representation of all your mac folders & files. You can skim them in a jiffy, find out its contents & manage apps that are taking a lot of storage space. It comes with a fast scanning engine that lists all the large unused files, so that you can get rid of them quickly and optimize mac for better performance.
- Beautiful yet different disk space analyzer.
- An excellent mac optimizer software for seeing all the contents of your drive.
- All the files are categorized into different groups, including Large Files, Music, Documents, Downloads & so on.
- Analyze how much space is allocated to each group & then you can remove it as per needs.
- Free version shows you how the app works, but you won’t be able to clear anything as such.
- Offers visual representation to help perform effective cleaning
- Works on intuitive user interface for seamless user experience
- It gives you greater control over your data to help you decide what to delete or retain
- Free version doesn’t offer any effective results
- Not suitable for power users
|Reasons To Get Daisy Disk:
11. Drive Genius
Last but not least in consideration, Drive Genius for Mac is the ultimate storage keeper. The Mac Cleaner & optimizer gives you total control over your Mac’s drive and automates the detected problems (if any). The application supports the latest version of macOS (including Big Sur) and comes with an improved Malware engine and an easier speed testing tool. The Mac Cleaning software boasts over 18 powerful functionalities to clean, speed up and protect your Mac in the easiest manner possible. You can find tools to add, delete, hide, shrink OS X partitions, remove large files, duplicate data, overwrite sensitive files, repair different kinds of logical files, folder errors, and more.
- Helps users in checking for all the possible file/folder corruption & repair the errors.
- A thorough Malware scanning tool to safeguard your device from all potential threats.
- Keep a check on hardware-related issues that may result in a damaged drive & so on.
- Holds the capability to perform an efficient data copy possible.
- Tool for shredding files permanently, making data recovery impossible.
- Provides real-time monitoring.
- Tools for Drive Testing & Repair.
- Comes with a Cloning utility.
- Initialize tools to prepare new drives or erase old drives.
- Slow malware scanning as compared to other Mac cleaners.
- You may get useless email alerts.
|Reasons To Get Drive Genius:
FAQs About Mac Cleaner Software:
How To Clean My Mac Manually?
What Are The Qualities Of An Ideal Mac Cleaner Software?
How Much Space Can I Free Up With a great Mac Cleaner App?
As much as you like, it depends on which Mac Cleaning Utility you’re choosing to optimize your machine. All the listed apps are distinguished from each other. Some have more cleaning features, while others focus on the privacy & security of the user. Get to know about each cleanup solution & then decide which one is more suitable for you to reclaim maximum space.
Is Using Mac Cleaner Safe?
To be honest, currently, no speed up Mac Cleaner or Optimizer is entirely safe. Regardless of the nature of the product, a dedicated Mac Junk Cleaner simply accesses the disk storage to run properly. While most of the developers claim to follow the privacy policies, but as a layman user, no one knows what’s going behind the doors. The alternative way to see what experts are saying about specific mac cleaners can surely give a benefit of the doubt.
That’s all folks! These are the Best 10 Mac Cleaning Software that will optimize your disk space and will let your Mac run smoother. Download now by just clicking the given links. All the Mac products are authentic, legal & some are even free to use.
If you find this helpful, do let us know about it in the comment section given below. You can also drop your feedback and queries by connecting with us on any of our social media handles.