While Adobe Acrobat has been a preferred choice for several users for managing multiple PDF files, its high price tag and complex features can overwhelm users, especially those who require simple viewing or minor PDF editing tasks. That’s why we have curated a list of the finest Adobe Acrobat Alternatives that are worth your consideration. The following PDF reader and editor provide comparable & even more advanced functionalities at a more budget-friendly price point, packed with user-friendly interfaces.
Depending on your specific needs and circumstances, an alternative might serve you better. So, let’s learn about these options in detail!
How To Choose The Right Adobe Acrobat Alternative?
Here are a few factors that you can consider for choosing the best alternative to Adobe Acrobat:
- Features: Ask yourself whether you need software just for viewing PDFs or do you also need to edit them. You may want to annotate the documents, convert them, or add security to your PDF files with passwords. Look for a feature-rich program!
- Ease of Use: If you’re not tech-savvy or looking for a tool that can be used by everyone with varying skill levels, you need to choose an alternative that’s user-friendly to use.
- Budget-Friendly: Cost is a crucial factor for several users. While Adobe Acrobat is a premium & expensive tool, users often look for tools that offer similar functionalities at lower cost or even for free. Based on your budget, choose what works best for you.
- High Compatibility: Make sure the Adobe Acrobat alternative you choose works well with your hardware and operating system.
- Regular Updates: Last but not least, make sure the software provider you choose offers timely updates like new features, performance improvements & security patches.
Besides all these factors, make sure you do not forget to explore user reviews for insights on performance and reliability.
Also Read: Password Protect A PDF With Adobe Acrobat
11 Best Adobe Acrobat Alternatives To Manage & Edit PDFs
List of Contents
1. Systweak PDF Editor
Systweak PDF Editor is a comprehensive and versatile PDF viewing, editing, and management software, designed for Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7 users. The software caters to both amateurs and professionals for simplifying the PDF handling and editing process. It is considered a good substitute for Adobe Acrobat for several reasons.
This includes its wide range of editing options like the ability to annotate, add text, images, notes, comments, convert, split, merge pages & more. Besides the robust feature set, Systweak PDF Editor also offers the ability to password-protect PDFs, preventing unauthorized manipulation.
Some of the major highlights of Systweak PDF Editor are:
- Easily extract, remove, rotate, and reorder pages.
- Ability to open single or multiple PDFs simultaneously.
- Supports various file formats for hassle-free conversion.
Download Systweak PDF Editor
Wondershare PDFelement is the first and top pick from the all Adobe Acrobat alternative due to the various benefits it offers to the users. Users can create, comment, edit, share files with ease and safety with permissions and passwords. The reason why I picked Wondershare PDFelement is due to safety and security options.
Moreover, it also converts docs to PDFs vice versa effortlessly and instantly with a single click. You can convert any file into Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with the help of various tools, formats, and layouts provided by this software. You can also customize various forms with the help of the drag and drop option available on the main tool.
Additionally, this amazing software was developed by implementing robust Optical Character Recognition technology. You can also spell check and the most liked feature is that it supports more than 20 languages.
Some best features of Wondershare PDFelement are:
- Easy to use interface
- Instantly creates fillable forms
- Encryption feature available
Download Wondershare PDFelement
3. Ashampoo PDF Pro
Ashampoo PDF Pro is another robust alternative for Adobe Acrobat that makes working easy for professional and personal purposes. Its ease of use and simplicity is the reason why it is at the second top position in this list. This software comes with a well-designed and easy-to-use interface with robust editing tools.
Moreover, this software is cost-effective when compared with other available options for the Adobe Acrobat pro alternative. This software is effective for people with small businesses and start-ups when they have to work across multiple PCs. One standard single license can be used in 3 systems. It is also useful for personal uses.
Some best features of Ashampoo PDF pro are:
- Well-designed interface
- Usability and security is always a priority
Download Ashampoo PDF Pro
Related Read: How to add hyperlinks in PDF in Mac and Windows
4. iSkySoft PDF Editor
iSkySoft PDF Editor is another top-ranking and famous alternative for Adobe Acrobat. This software is available for Windows and Mac. It is a useful software that helps users to edit, create, and share. The software is quite easy to use and the best part I loved about iSkySoft PDF Editor is that users can also change the text in their documents. With the availability of various editing tools, users can also add arrows and lines to the document. Additionally, this software comes with a simple interface that is suitable for both professional and personal purposes.
Best features of iSkySoft PDF Editor:
- Simply designed interface for users
- Modify and edit the document with various editing tools
- Users can also add files to the documents.
Download iSkySoft PDF Editor
5. Nitro pro
Visit: Nitro Pro
Nitro Pro is another best and famous alternative for Adobe Acrobat. This software is designed with the issues faced by the business team while handling and managing the documents. It works far better than other available alternatives for Adobe Acrobat as the software is created with an OCR engine that improves the scanning of paper documents. Nitro Pro comes with hassle-free editing and an easy sharing tool. It is compatible with Windows and Mac. Nitro Pro’s multitasking feature is the best thing I loved about it.
Here are some best features of Nitro Pro:
- Easy conversion of files to PDF documents.
- Quick sharing of documents via the cloud.
- Quick access and share of files and documents with business partners and teams.
Related Read: How to translate a PDF document
PandaDoc offers the same editing, creating, sharing of PDF documents as Adobe Acrobat does. Moreover, it is designed especially for the people who are into sales. This software is more suitable for professional purposes wherein business people have to create proposals and contracts daily. It comes with various templates that improve the working and save time. All of the templates provided by PandaDoc are CRM-approved. Moreover, PandaDoc comes with various integrated applications that help businesses to improve their sales. Business managers can also set up automatic payment collections via creating quotes or proposals which is the best thing I loved about PandaDoc. Users can also embed various payment options.
Best features of PandaDoc:
- Uses approved templates that are approved by organizations.
- Integrated applications that work efficiently in terms of sales.
- Comes with powerful automated features that simplify procedures like negotiations and approvals.
As the name implies, ContractWorks is specially designed for commercial purposes that helps clustering simplifying contract and document management. This software is best when you want everything in one place; it comes with a single searchable repository for all contracts and documents. This reduces time, manual searching, and traditional filing cabinets. Another thing I loved about ContractWorks is that it provides an e-signature that allows online signatures for contracts. Indeed, ContractWorks is one of the best alternatives for Adobe Acrobat.
Here are some best features of ContractWorks:
- Addresses contract management issues.
- Helps in organizing contract with better searchability and online contract repository
- Based on AI and automation features
Related Read: How to insert PDF into word
eFileCabinet is another popular alternative for Adobe Acrobat that helps in the document management system. It makes it easy to find files due to its full-text search feature. Another feature that I loved about eFileCabinet is that it comes with an e-signature feature. The E-signature feature provided by eFileCabinet only works on user permission and security. It can also upload files that are clicked by your phone’s camera. eFileCabinet is based on Zonal OCR which is specially designed for automatic filling. This feature ensures the storability and retrieval of files in the user’s cabinet of digital filing.
Here are some best features of eFileCabinet:
- Helps in document cluttering. Best for document management.
- Comes with powerful search tools that avoid issues like losing documents.
- Comes with automated features that reduce the streamline of everyday tasks.
9. Soda PDF
Visit: Soda PDF
Soda PDF is a great tool for editing documents that makes it suitable as an alternative to Adobe Acrobat. Soda PDF helps users in editing, creating, converting, splitting, and merging PDF files instantly without any hassle. It is created based on OCR technology and comes with an e-signature feature as well. Soda PDF is quite a robust app available for Mac and Windows at an affordable price. It is also compatible with mobile devices.
Here are some best features of Soda PDF:
- Simple, easy, and user-friendly interface.
- Access to various editing tools that improve overall working
- Also comes with a 3D document feature.
10. Foxit PhantomPDF
Visit: Foxit PhantomPDF
Foxit PhantomPDF is another top-rated and famous PDF editor available. It is far less expensive than Adobe Acrobat which makes it the best alternative. It also comes with the usual features as other document management software like creating, editing, managing, and sharing. The best part I loved about Foxit Phantom PDF is that it comes with robust security features and text editing that helps in improving the overall layout of any type of professional document. It also lets users manage their files easily with the tracking option.
Here are some best features of Foxit Phantom PDF:
- Comes with monthly and one-time purchasing plans.
- Provides advanced editing tools at an affordable price.
- Ideal for everyone including students, professional, and personal work.
11. Small PDF
Small PDF is web-based PDF management software available. It is easy to use and lightweight. You can also create a free account that provides you access to basic editing tools for PDF editing. It is one the best because it reduces the hassle of switching between different apps. When a user purchases a paid subscription, they are provided with advanced features like digital signature, OCR, and batch conversion.
Here are some best features of a Small PDF:
- No need to download it, users can use it online as well
- The free version comes with basic editing tools
- Reduces the hassle of switching multiple apps.
I hope this blog helps you to find the best alternatives to Adobe Acrobat. Comment down and share your pick from the list. For more such tech-related content, follow Tweak Library on all social media platforms.
Thanks for reading!