Table of Contents
If you go by the title of the blog, you might be wondering if we are going to pinpoint the name of particular apps that you should uninstall. But, that won’t be the case here. We are going to enlist the kind of apps you should delete so that your device is out of the harm’s way.
Although, we shall try to be very particular with the categories so that you can put particular apps that are installed on your device and then decide whether or not to uninstall these apps.
Now, there could even be apps that might be leading to a lot of stress and you might be causing upheaval both in your personal and professional life.
A Piece Of Advice – Depending on your indulgence and the effect of the app on your device, you may decide to uninstall an app forever or maybe for some time.
How To Uninstall An Android App
To uninstall or delete an Android app follow the steps below –
- Go to Settings
- Tap on the app that you wish to uninstall. You can write the name of a desired app in the search bar as well
- Tap on the Uninstall button
How To Uninstall An iOS App
To uninstall or delete an iOS app follow the steps below –
- Tap and hold on an app on the home screen for few seconds till you see them jiggle
- Tap on the ‘X’ icon that you’ll find in the upper left corner and then tap on delete. You can use this process for any other app that you wish to delete
- Tap on Done (iPhone with Face ID) or press Home button
So, What Are The Types Of Apps You Should Delete
Now that we know the process of how to delete an Android or iOS, let’s have a look at the kind of apps you should delete immediately –
1. Social Media Apps
Especially, amidst this COVID-19 outbreak when you are socially isolated, you might be inclined to spend most of your time on social media which is not all bad. But, if you overdo with your indulgence, you are but, moving away from the real world. Overindulgence with social media can cause health issues such as anxiety, depression and it may even make you fall into the trap of fake news, hoaxes and many other things that are dangerous.
So, identify that one social media app that you should delete all because it’s moving you away from your loved ones, away from reality. Here’s a brilliant way you can cure your addiction. You can get rid of social media addiction using Social Fever.
- It helps you track smartphone usage
- Helps you keep up with hobbies that you love
- Gives you a comprehensive report of how much time you spend on social media and how many times you use other apps
- Reminds you to move your eyes away from home and drink water from time to time
- Helps you set and track goals
2. Apps That Invade Privacy
VPN apps promise to keep your identity and location concealed. But there have been instances where some VPNs have actually stolen their customer’s data and sold them to third parties. So, if mistakenly you have downloaded a low rated VPN, it’s time that you immediately uninstall it right away.
The best way is to choose a high rated VPN like the ones mentioned here.
3. Apps That Track You
Get rid of all the apps that are meaninglessly tracking your location. Though there are GPS apps like Google Maps that might require access to your GPS but you should immediately be warned when, say, a game asks for your location permissions.
You can even control the permissions that you give to an app. For instance in Android, here are the steps for managing permissions –
- Tap On Settings and then go to the particticular app
- Scroll down to Permissions
- Swipe Location to left
4. Apps That Promise To Clean RAM, Cache Or Even Phone
Again we are not saying that all such apps are bad, but you need to be very careful of the app that you are choosing as most of these apps do more bad than good. Such apps just hog on your battery to start with. Although yes! They might close background apps but more or less they exacerbate the problem.
5. Apps That Might Have Been Struck By The Malware
As a vigilant Android or iOS user we want you to stay updated. Keep yourself informed of any recent Malware which is hitting devices and all those apps which are infamous for being affected. For instance, a few months back CamScanner, a very popular document scanning app was removed from Google Play Store since it was affected by the malware. So, you may want to keep yourself updated of all those apps which might have been affected by malware.
To track apps that have malware, you can use Systweak Anti malware that –
- Scans and helps device get rid of malware, adware, spyware and various other viruses
- Doesn’t let harmful app get installed on your device
- Provides 24*7 privacy and security
- Provides you with complete security when you are browsing the web
- You can schedule automated malware scans
Were You Able To Zero Down On Apps To Delete
With an ocean of apps both on the Google Play Store (Android) and App Store (iOS), even categories have become subjective unless you are a hardcore tech-geek who can place Apps under very particular categories (Not saying that being a tech-geek is bad or something)
So, if there was a category that we miss, do mention it in the comments section below. Till then you can munch on our other blogs and tech-related stuff.