Table of Contents
Let’s face it, to sync Android with Mac can be challenging knowing the fact that Apple has some stringent security in place. You won’t face any issues syncing an Apple device with mac, thanks to iCloud, but that’s not the story when it comes to synchronizing data between an Android device and Mac.
So, if you are someone who frequently has to juggle between files between the two ecosystems i.e. Android smartphone (or any other device) and Mac, you have come to just the right place. Here we will discuss ways to sync Android and Mac. After which you can have your data sorted.
Best Ways To Sync Android With Mac
|Table Of Contents|
|1. Sync Android With Mac Using SyncMate|
1. Using SyncMate
What Is SyncMate?
SyncMate makes it easy to sync data between Android and Mac. Apart from making it easy for you to transfer files from Android to Mac, SyncMate also helps sync all kinds of data between Android and Mac such as contacts, documents, videos, and others.
How does It work?
- Install and launch SyncMate. Select Android Device in the Wizard and connect to the macOS
- Once your Android smartphone is connected, you can choose what data you want to sync and even choose sync parameters
- That’s it! Now you can hit the Sync button and the app will do the task of syncing for you
2. Use A Cloud Storage Medium
Let’s consider a scenario – what would you do if your Android phone is stolen or lost or has crashed due to some reason? Wouldn’t you be relieved to see all your data on your MacBook? (in case you don’t have a Windows PC or laptop).
That’s exactly where cloud storage mediums prove to be a boon and they can come to rescue in case of such an emergency.
For instance, you can use Right Backup Anywhere and create a backup of all your data on the cloud. After you have backed up your data, you can retrieve it on your MacBook. Let’s have a look at some of its features.
|Right Backup – Features At A Glance|
|What files can you backup?
All including but not limited to music, photos, text files, and others
What other features does Right Backup offer?
How much storage space can I expect and how much would Right Backup cost me?
When you sign up you get 100 MB of free storage space after which you can subscribe for the premium version for US $ 16.95 per month or US $ 174.95 and get 1 TB of storage space.
Other Popular Cloud Storage Mediums At A Glance
|Name Of The Medium||Free Storage||Pricing||Other Helpful Links|
|Google Drive||15 GB||US$ 1.99/ month for 100 GB||Google Drive Vs OneDrive: The best cloud storage in 2021|
|Dropbox||2 GB||US$ 9.99/month for 2 TB storage space|
|OneDrive||5 GB||US$ 9.99/ month for 6 TB storage space|
That’s not all, here is a list of some more cloud storage mediums. After all, its always good to keep options open, isn’t it?
3. Sync Android With Mac Using MacDroid via USB (MTP/ ADB)
MTP short for Media Transfer Protocol is a protocol using which you can transfer files. MacDroid is a renowned application that can make it possible to transfer and synchronize files over MTP
What Is MacDroid?
MacDroid is an application that helps you transfer and even synchronize files between your Android smartphone or any other Android device and Mac with the help of USB
How does It work?
The process is very simple and explained below –
1. Connect your Android device to your MacBook
2. Install MacDroid on Android
3. In the main menu head to “Devices”
4. Choose ADB or MTP and follow the on-screen instructions
You’ll now be able to see your Android device in the Finder and you now transfer or sync data between Android and Mac.
What Is AirDroid?
AirDroid is yet another effortless way to synchronize data between your Android and Mac. You can effortlessly sync music, photos, videos, text messages and a lot more between Android and Mac. To begin with to sync Android with Mac using Android, install it on both Android and Mac. You will also be able to see how much storage space you have on your device.
How does It work?
1. Go to Safari on your Mac
2. Type in airdroid.com
3. You will be required to sign up if you don’t have an account
4. Again, make sure that you have installed the AirDrop app on your Android device as well
5. Now sign in again on AirDroid on your macOS
That’s it you can remotely access features, transfer files.
Pricing: US$ 3.99/ month/ US $ 2.75/ month (US$ 32.99 yearly)
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is there a need to synchronize Android with Mac?
There are many users who use both Android devices and MacBook. This is when the need for data sync between Android and Mac arises so that the data can be accessed everywhere. For example, you might want to sync your calendar, sync video or audio files, etc.
Can you sync Android with Mac Wirelessly?
Yes, you can. Take an example of SyncMate, the app being discussed in point number 1. Here are the steps using which you will be able to connect your Mac to your Android wirelessly over the Bluetooth –
1. Download and install SyncMate on your Mac from the link mentioned above
2. Turn on your Android device and make sure it is unlocked
3. Also, make sure that the Bluetooth is enabled on your Android smartphone
4. Launch SyncMate and then from the left-hand pane click on “Add New”
5. You will now be able to see your Android device from the given list of devices
6. Select your Android device and connect it to your MacBook
7. On the top, click on the “+” icons and then you can either select the data that you want to sync or adjust sync parameters
8. Once you are done with the parameters, you can then click on Sync
As you can see that it is always great to have an arrangement that ensures that your data is constantly synced between your Android and MacBook. Do let us know if the blog has been of help and which of the above methods do you use. If you liked the blog do give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends.