Table of Contents
You could be a gamer, video editor, stock broker or a simple writer like me who loves to work on one PC and see the subsequent effect on another, setting up dual monitors on Windows 10 is something that many users do. Though you might invest in a larger than life ultra wide screen but that may still cost you a fortune. Why shell out that kind of cash when you can get the same experience by hooking up another monitor. And to make life even simpler here are some of the best multi monitor software for Windows 10.
Best Multiple Monitor Software to Use on Windows 10:
List of Contents
1. Dual Monitor Tools
As you can make out from the name Dual Monitor Tools is not just one tool but a package of several other tools. In a single free dual monitor software for Windows 10 you get tools. With the help of these you can –
- Provide information about DMT in general and the configuration of the monitors connected to your PC (General)
- Help you control cursor movement across monitors (Cursor)
- Can enable you to launch your favorite applications with few desired keys (Launcher)
- Snap images on one monitor and flash them on secondary monitor with the help of user defined keys
- Change wallpapers You can have same wallpapers across all monitors or have different wallpapers across all monitors
And, there are several other tools as well that can be used.
2. Display Fusion Pro
If you have multiple monitors, then DisplayFusionPro is a dual monitor software that you must have on your Windows 10 PC. It helps you gain control with the help of features like customizable hotkeys, title bar buttons, and separate taskbars for each monitor and various others. The dual monitor software for Windows 10 comes with a free 30 day free trial and even after it expires you can still enjoy the limited free version.
- Dim the monitors that are not in use
- Change wallpaper images by downloading images online or using images from the computer’s gallery
- Taskbars are added to each of your monitors so that you live an organized life on each of your monitors
- It comes with a trigger feature with the help of which you can control events like desktop unlock, window creation, system idle, window focus, etc
UltraMon is a great software for multiple screens on Windows 10. It helps you easily navigate between multiple monitors and comes with customizable commands with the help of which you can manipulate your multiple Windows monitors.
- Taskbar extensions or Smart taskbar helps you keep only those applications which you would require on a taskbar of a particular monitor
- You can have same wallpapers across all desktops or choose to have different wallpapers across different desktops
- It has a scripting functionality with the help of which you can access all the powerful features of the software
- Enable/ disable secondary monitors and preserve the state of desktop icons in a matter of seconds
- With mirroring feature you can choose to mirror either the whole desktop, a certain application and even the area around your mouse
4. MultiMonitor Tool
It is one of the best dual monitor software for Windows 10. It is a small and simple tool which allows you to perform several actions when you are working with multiple desktops on Windows 10. You can save monitor configurations in a file so that even when you disable a monitor with multiple monitors, your monitors will be in the same position as they were before.
- Swiftly move from one Windows monitor to another
- Easily enable and disable monitors
- Save and load configurations of all the monitors
- The above actions can be executed via the user interface or through command line
- There’s a preview windows that shows you the preview of all the monitors on your PC
5. MultiMon Taskbar 2.1 (Free)and 3.5 (Pro)
If you want an upgraded pro version of MultiMon Taskbar (version 3.5) you will have to bear a price tag. Whereas you can always get MultiMon Taskbar as a free dual monitor software for Windows 10.
- While MultiMon Taskbar 2.1 works up to Windows 7, the pro version works up to Windows 10
- Taskbars added to all the monitors
- You can hide monitors on the second or the third monitor from normal Windows Taskbar
- Caption arrow buttons with the help of which you can quickly move through one monitor to another
- You can add buttons to resize windows especially if you are working on applications like spreadsheets
6. Actual Multiple Monitors
Next on our list of Best Dual Monitor Tools include Actual Multiple Monitors, the software solution helps users to create desktop profiles, add additional Title bar buttons, system tray, and Start menu. Using the multiple monitor software, you can completely copy your Windows taskbar, which consists of a notification area, clock, Show Desktop button, and more.
- Get a fully functional taskbar onto each display.
- Take advantage of additional Title Bar buttons on each Window to get instant access to advanced functions.
- Provides Web slideshows from Google Image Search or Flickr.
- Supports flexible picture positioning (centre, tile, stretch, proportional stretch, crop to fit & more).
- Use custom hotkeys to manage dual monitors from one keyboard & mouse.
ZBar is an excellent nifty dual monitor tool that allows users to add a taskbar to additional monitors and configure its style and overall functionality for quick access. The best part is, you don’t need to install any additional tool to run the ZBar utility. Simply, double-click the executable file to automatically launch the multi-monitor software.
- Provides a straightforward and clean dashboard for managing multiple monitors easily.
- Ability to test taskbars like XP style, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.
- Take advantage of several desktop profiles that provide necessary functions for emulating Windows and macOS automatically.
- Ability to put the taskbar at the bottom of the screen for effortlessly managing non-primary screens in different styles.
- Enjoy eight different skins, special effects, and various customization options to configure desktop screens.
MurGeeMon is one of the best multiple monitor software that allows users to control dual-monitor environments when it comes to customizing wallpapers, screensavers, and other Taskbar elements. Using the dual-monitor tool, you get the ability to clone one of the Windows opened on the main monitor.
- Allows users to easily control multiple VDUs without putting in much effort.
- Supports swapping the primary screen with the external screen linked to the desktop.
- Gives users the ability to enable and disable connected displays.
- Take advantage of multiple options to alter the resolution of multiple VDUs in a single click.
- Plus, you have the tool to configure different visual elements like desktop themes, wallpapers for multiple monitors, and so on.
9. Input Director
Our list of best multiple monitor software is certainly incomplete without mentioning the Input Director. The dual-monitor tool allows users to manage different Windows systems using /mouse attached to one What’s more? You can switch between multiple systems via hotkeys or moving the cursor.
- Provides easy-to-follow installation and how-to-use guides.
- Takes a few moments to set up the dual monitor tool.
- Supports Windows fast user switching and can simultaneously lock all computers.
- You can also sync shutdown, wake up functionality, and more of your computer.
- Highly compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, and Windows 7.
Last but not least in consideration, Synergy comes in the Top 10 Multiple Monitor Software for Windows. The application helps in controlling several desktops using only one keyboard and mouse. The dual monitor is suitable for developing software, designing, gaming, and more by effortlessly switching between different operating systems.
- Allows users to share one mouse and keyboard between multiple screens without putting much effort.
- Makes the entire copy, pasting task between multiple monitors a hassle-free process.
- Have minimum prerequisites to use the dual monitor tool – just a regular ethernet.
- Provides Screensaver Sync capability to activate screensavers for all the computers at the same time.
Don’t Just Confine Yourself To One Screen
If you haven’t up until now, maybe these dual monitor tools for Windows 10 will motivate you to add on multiple monitors to your PC. And, if you have and are already enjoying working on multiple monitors, do share with us your experience in the comments section below. Also, if you have any other questions regarding tips and tricks that can take your multi-monitor experience to the next level, do let us know in the comments section below. For more such content, interesting info on apps and software across devices and every small bit on technology, keep reading Tweak Library.