Table of Contents
It would be wrong to say that we aren’t interested in exploring what iOS 14 & iPadOS 14 has to offer its users. & though we aren’t getting our hands on the official release until the coming fall or most likely September 2020. We can definitely go for the beta versions of both the updates as they have been made public.
The release of public Beta versions include reporting bug encounters as well as if there are any suggestions for improvement. & since these public beta are FREE to be used & explored, there is no harm in trying & knowing what they have to offer. And, in case you aren’t happy with the Beta version, you can always go back to the official version you were using before.
At WWDC 2020, Apple Inc had announced both the beta versions (iOS 14 & iPadOS 14) & made them available to be tested by users.
How to Install iOS 14 & iPadOS 14 Beta Version on Your Devices
Let’s start with installing the iOS 14 & iPadOS 14 beta version on your devices without much hassling as below:
1. Let’s start the process by creating a backup of your devices on your Mac or PC (as recommended by Apple)
2. Visit the Apple Beta Software Program website on your iOS/iPadOS device & don’t forget to sign up if you haven’t already.
3. Once you are in, tap on iOS 14 or iPadOS 14 to install the version on your device.
4. Go down on the page & click on Download Profile to go ahead with installation.
5. Go ahead with the prompt you are getting along the way; then tap in Allow & download the profile.
6. After following the above process, visit iOS/iPadOS Settings & click on Profile Downloaded.
7. Here, you need to click on Install (top right corner) & enter the code (if it’s been asked).
8. Go through the agreement you see in front of your eyes & click on Install (twice).
9. Click on Done to finish up the process & then General. Now, go to the top & click on Software Update.
10. Here you will see iOS 14 or iPadOS 14 (according to the device) available. Click on Download & Install to see the latest version on your device.
Once you are done with installing the beta version on your respective devices, explore the whole new update on the devices.
Let’s Also Learn How to Install Developer Beta (iOS 14 & iPadOS 14)
The prerequisites for installing the Developer beta version on your device would be, to create backup of the devices. In case you change your mind to restore or to downgrade to the previous version.
- Start with visiting the Apple’s Developer website on your respective device.
- On the top left corner, you need to click on the two-line icon. Go ahead with sign in if you haven’t already.
- Considering that you are signed in, again follow the 2nd step & this time, click on Downloads.
- Here, you will need to scroll down and click on Install Profile (under iOS 14 beta or iPadOS beta)
- Now go ahead with the process & click on Allow to install the profile.
- Once you are done with the above mentioned steps, now you need to follow the steps we used while installing iOS 14 or iPadOS 14 beta version in the first phase (above).
- Just start following the steps from Point F to the end & you have got yourself the developer beta version according to the respective device (iOS 14 & iPadOS 14).
Using & exploring the latest Apple device version on your respective device opens new updates for you. For example the Picture in Picture mode to using App Clips on your iOS device (iOS 14 feature), you have got yourself a great deal. These eye catching & super amazing features are going to be worth your time.
Now you know that the official release will take a good amount of time so till then, let’s use the beta & developer beta versions of iOS 14 & iPadOS 14.
Don’t forget to share your experiences once you have started using the beta versions & their top notch features.