Table of Contents
Snapchat is one of the most popular picture-sharing platforms. People can share their snaps and talk to their snapchatter buddies. However, despite its amazing features like photos getting removed after a few seconds, real-time updates, gender swap feature and more, if one is concerned about their privacy, they should give serious thought to how to delete Snapchat account.
Just like other Social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat is also a threat to your privacy, and it’s high time to decide whether to make your personal data vulnerable or to delete Snapchat account. Recent news says that Snapchat has a dedicated app called SnapLion that was specifically made to access and store personal data.
- All the information used and disclosed by the Snapchat users.
- Information like location, logs, details of the device.
- Details of the users that are taken by other third-party applications and agencies.
Having said that, it gets more important to know how to deactivate your Snapchat account. Walkthrough the article to know how to remove Snapchat account and get a hold of your private data. So, let’s get started!
Learn How To Delete Snapchat Account From Your Mobile Devices:
Before proceeding to how to delete Snapchat account, first, let us know how to deactivate your Snapchat account from your Android or iOS devices:
1. Navigate to your Snapchat account from your Android or iOS device.
2. Login to your Snapchat account.
3. Once done, from the top-left corner of the screen, tap on your Avatar.
4. Once in, click on the gear-shaped icon on the top-right corner.
5. Scroll down and locate Support, and click on the Help Center.
6. From Help Center, tap on My Account & Security.
7. Now, click on Account Information.
8. Finally, click on Delete My Account.
9. Once you have clicked on Delete My Account, click on Accounts Portal link.
10. You will be prompted to enter your login details.
11. As soon as you enter the login details, you can deactivate your Snapchat account.
Remove Snapchat Account Permanently
So far, you have learned how to deactivate Snapchat account, however, if you want to delete Snapchat account permanently. you will have to wait for 30 days, failing which your account will not get deleted. After a span of 30 days, Snapchat will automatically delete your account.
Learn How To Deactivate Snapchat Account From Your PC:
In this section, we will see how can you remove Snapchat Account from your PC, let’s proceed with the steps:
1. Open the browser on your PC.
2. Navigate to your Snapchat Accounts page.
3. Once on the page, log in to your Snapchat account, and look for the Delete My Account option.
4. Prior to deletion, you will be asked to enter your login credentials, enter your Username and Password on the Delete Account window.
5. Post this, Click Delete to delete your account. Please note performing the above-mentioned steps will only deactivate your Snapchat account for 30 days. After 30 days, Snapchat will automatically delete your Snapchat account.
Undoubtedly, Snapchat is a popular social media platform to share your pictures and other stuff with your loved ones. Despite its popularity, you can’t deny that it makes your information vulnerable to data threats. Moreover, Snapchat not having end-to-end encryption makes it even more susceptible to data breaches. Users who are concerned about their privacy need to think about whether to use Snapchat or not.
If privacy is a concern for you then how to delete Snapchat account is a must-read. Go through the article and know how to deactivate Snapchat account from your PC and mobile devices. Please keep giving your valuable feedback in the comments section below.
Thanks for Reading!