How To Transfer Contacts From Android To iPhone
Are you planning to switch from Android to iPhone, or are ambiguous about how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone? Or it’s just that you have both the phones and want the contact list to be the same and identical?
There may be ample reasons behind one wanting to move contacts from Android to iPhone. But as simple as it sounds it may be daunting to many. So, if you are switching from Android to iPhone and wish to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone here is a simple guide that will walk you through how you can do it.
There are a few different methods described in the article, let’s have a close look at all of them one by one.
Ways to Transfer Contacts From Android To iPhone
Automatically Transfer Gmail Contacts to iCloud
The very first approach involves syncing your Google Contacts with an iOS device. Remember, to do this you need to have both the phones handy and your Android device contacts should be sync with Google account. So, once you have both Android and iOS devices ready, you can then start the process of transferring contacts from Android to iPhone.
Now, when you have fulfilled the prerequisites, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to your Android device Settings.
2. From the Settings window, scroll down and click on Account.
3. From the Accounts window look for Google and click on that. Make sure you click on the Google account to which your contacts have been synced.
4. Here click on Account Sync. From the Account Sync window, look for Contacts that have been synced to Google Account and then Toggle it on.
5. We suggest that you sync the contacts to the current time, this can be done by clicking on the three dots on and then clicking on Sync now.
Once you have synced your contacts to your Google account it is now time to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone.
On Your iPhone
To move the contacts from Android to iPhone, the first step you need to do is add the Google account that have the contacts. For this:
1. Navigate to the Settings of your iPhone.
2. From the Settings window, scroll down and locate Passwords & Accounts.
3. If your Google account has already been added, you will see it in the Passwords & Settings window. If not, you will have to do it by tapping on the Add Account.
4. From the Add Account window, click on Google and enter your username and password to add the Google account.
5. Once added you will see the account in the list of accounts on the Password and Accounts window. Tap on the account.
6. Here, you will see different options that you can sync namely, Contacts, Mail, Calendar and Notes.
7. Simply Toggle on the Contacts option and see your Android contacts transferring from Android to iPhone.
Manually Import Google Contacts to iPhone:
The above-mentioned steps are easy to perform and will help transfer your Android contacts to your iPhone.
There are other ways too though, this way is successful when you do not have both your iPhone and Android phones handy. In this what we need to do is download your contact list from your Android phone and then upload the contact list back on the iCloud account.
Follow the steps to see how you can move data from Android to iPhone by importing the Google contacts to your iPhone:
1. On your web browser open Google Contacts and enter your Username and password to login to your Google Account. As soon as you log in to your Google Contacts, you will see the entire list of contacts saved on your Android phone.
2. From the Google Contacts window, click on Export from the left panel. Clicking on this will ask you in what format you want to export the contact list. The three different are Google CSV, Outlook CSV, and vCard.
3. The last option that reads vCard is for iOS contacts, select that and finally click on Export.
4. Now, is time to import the contacts to your iCloud. To do this, visit the iCloud website and login to it.
5. After you have logged in, you will be able to see all your iCloud Apps, locate and choose Contacts.
6. Now, the Contacts App loads, and will look for the Gear shaped icon at the bottom left side and then from the popup menu click on Import vCard.
7. As soon as the Contacts have been downloaded, click Open, this will start the transfer of contacts from Android to iPhone’s iCloud account and will be imported to your iPhone Contacts app.
Switching from one phone to another with different Operating Systems has always been a difficult task. We hope that this article which educates you about how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone will be helpful. In the meantime, if you have duplicate contacts in your contact list and wish to optimize your contact list try Duplicate Contacts Fixer.
Download Duplicate Contact Fixer