Table of Contents
One of the most enticing aspects of Windows 11 is the widgets panel. Windows 11 has brought for us a brand new widget dashboard that looks way cleaner and sleeker than ever and gives you quick access to traffic, weather, news, stocks, and whatnot. You can easily access the Widgets panel or Widgets dashboard from the Taskbar itself or press Windows + W. However, many users using the Windows insider builds have observed that widgets are not working on their Windows 11 PC. They either are not able to open the widgets menu or simply see blank widgets. If that’s you, you have come to just the right place.
How To Fix Windows 11 Widgets Not Working
Windows 11 is still in its nascent stage and users may encounter bugs. One of which being – Widgets not working on Windows 11. You can try the below-mentioned methods and check you are again able to see Widgets –
1. Turn On The Widgets
If you are unable to see the Widgets button on your taskbar, or, despite having pressed Windows + W widgets don’t appear, chances are you might have to enable them. Here are the steps to do the same –
1. Right-click on the Taskbar
2. Click on Taskbar settings
3. Enable the Show Widgets button by toggling it
2. First Sign-Out And Then Re Sign-In
One of the probable fixes that have helped many users is signing out and then re-signing into Windows 11 can help fix the issue.
1. Click on the Widgets icon in the Taskbar
2. From the top-right corner click on your account picture
3. You will find a Sign out option under your email address, click on it
4. Again sign back in
You should now be able to see that your Widgets are working. If not, you can head on to the next method.
3. Set Microsoft Edge As Your Default Browser
Since there is a connection between widgets on Windows 11 and Microsoft Edge, you may consider switching between your current web browser and Microsoft Edge. Many users have reported that they were able to bring back widgets by changing their default web browser to Microsoft Edge. To change your default browser, here are the steps –
1. Open Windows 11 Settings by pressing Windows + I keys
2. Click on Apps and then go to Default apps on the left-hand menu
3. On the right-hand side scroll down till you can see the Web browser
4. Select Microsoft Edge
4. Disable Your Graphics Driver
Sometimes, a glitch in the graphics driver may result in several discrepancies pertaining to UI and quite possibly if widgets are not working on your Windows 11 PC, chances are there is some bug in your graphics driver. You can resolve this issue by disabling the graphic driver. You can later enable the graphics driver again.
1. Open the Start Menu by pressing the Windows key
2. Look for Device Manager
3. Double-click on Display Adapters which will expand this option
4. Right-click on your graphics card
5. Click on Properties
6. When the Properties window opens, click on the Driver tab
7. Click on Disable Device. If there are multiple graphic cards on your computer, you will have to repeat this step for each graphic card
8. Once done click on OK
Now, head to the Widgets button and check if widgets are working on your Windows 11 PC or not.
You can re-enable the graphics driver by following these steps –
1. Head to the Device Manager once again
2. Expand Display Drivers
3. Locate your graphics driver and right-click on it
4. Click on Properties
5. Click on the Driver tab and then click on Enable Device
5. Use Microsoft Account Instead of Local Account in Windows 11
When using Windows 11, you might be using your local account instead of using a Microsoft account. This could be a probable reason why widgets are not working on your Windows 11 PC. Try signing in to your Microsoft account and check if you can make widgets work on Windows 11. Here are the steps to do the same –
1. Open Windows Settings by pressing Windows + I keys
2. Click on Accounts and then click on Your info
3. Click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead
4. Enter your details and log-in
Now check if you can resolve the error and if widgets are now appearing or not.
6. Take Help of Group Policy
Windows 11 widgets still not working? Maybe a program has disabled them. Using the Group Policy you can resolve the issue. Here are the steps to do the same –
1. Open the Run dialog box by press Windows + R keys
2. When the dialog box opens type gpedit.msc
3. Navigate to the following path
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Widgets
4. Double-click on Allow widgets option
5. Click on Not Configured and then click OK
Try these above fixes and let us know if you were able to resolve Windows 11 widgets not working issue. For more such content, keep reading Tweak Library. You can also find us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Flipboard, Instagram, and Tumblr.